Hoopa's Scoundrel Guard ability does not block Darkrai-GX's Dead End GX attack

• Please log in to reply

05 February 2019 - 12:09 AM

H3rm1t

Rookie Trainer

• H3rm1t

Hoopa (Shining Legends 55)

Scoundrel Guard Ability - Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokémon by your opponent's Pokémon-GX or Pokémon-EX.

Darkrai-GX (Burning Shadows 88)

Dead End GX attack - If your opponent's Active Pokémon is affected by a Special Condition, that Pokémon is Knocked Out. (You can't use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

Opponent's Malamar-EX put my Hoopa to sleep. Then Darkrai GX used Dead End GX to knock out my Hoopa. No ability lock was in play. Technically, the effect of the Dead End GX attack should have been blocked by Hoopa's Scoundrel Guard ability.

Edited by H3rm1t, 05 February 2019 - 12:10 AM.

05 February 2019 - 12:51 AM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

I think there was a similar report not so long ago (regarding Dead End GX not being blocked by one ability or another when it should have). My guess is that instant-KO (at least for Dead End GX) is not registering as an effect. Either that, or instant-KO doesn't count as an effect at all, although I'm more inclined to thinking the former.

If possible, save a game log and share it the next time.

05 February 2019 - 01:50 AM

XK920XK

Veteran Trainer

• XK920XK

its a bug in the game, its suppose to block the gx attack.

its not on the compendium but i asked and PokePop verified that the ability stops the gx attack as long as the ability is active