Team Up Tag Teams: card art deviation?

• Please log in to reply

03 February 2019 - 04:42 AM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

There are three Tag Team cards out of this set which do something with art that no other GX has done to date.

Specifically, cards 161, 165, and 170.

I'll wait while you look at them...

These cards are not the blank-background FAs, but they also aren't RAs.

Every "Regular Art" GX or GXTT has an energy-color bar at the top and bottom, preventing them from being "Full Art." Several come very close to completely obscuring these bars, but there is always some trace of them at least.

These three lack those bars, without obscuring the area, so should be Full Art cards, but they have a different design than every other GX FA.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

03 February 2019 - 07:57 PM

Mod_Alder

• Mod_Alder

Hello SandaledOtter, thanks for pointing out those cards, I probably would not have noticed on my own. 

Moderator Alder
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

03 February 2019 - 11:08 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

Yeah, I heard about this about a week and a half ago, but I can't remember their official name.  In fact, I'm not sure they even have one.  The only names I can find them referenced by are "special art" and "alternative art," and neither by official sources.

I guess they're just a secondary FA version.

The truth waits for no one.  That which you refuse to see, TPCi, slips past you.  The chat function was never your problem, yet through your blindness, you have made it one.

07 February 2019 - 08:19 PM

TheBlackxRanger

Novice Trainer

• TheBlackxRanger

There are three Tag Team cards out of this set which do something with art that no other GX has done to date.

Specifically, cards 161, 165, and 170.

I'll wait while you look at them...

These cards are not the blank-background FAs, but they also aren't RAs.

Every "Regular Art" GX or GXTT has an energy-color bar at the top and bottom, preventing them from being "Full Art." Several come very close to completely obscuring these bars, but there is always some trace of them at least.

These three lack those bars, without obscuring the area, so should be Full Art cards, but they have a different design than every other GX FA.

Special Arts

08 February 2019 - 09:42 AM

Chasista

Elite Trainer

• Chasista

Special Full art for what I've seen.

Personally I call the Gengar & Mimikyu "Dark art". Would be cool if all of them could be dark, but the other two are more brilliant than other thing LOL

"Drawing art" could be another name. They look more like a watercolour or pencil paint if you know what I mean (and have imagination).

We will have to call'em SFA I guess, or SA maybe.

WE WANT LEGACY TOURNAMENTS BACK !!! If you also want it, show your support http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/55966-feedback-making-it-easier-to-get-the-cards-you-want/

5th day reward packs list http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/56679-5th-day-log-in-pack-is-random-got-a-gur-dd/?p=593037

Foro en español, también existe: http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/2-español/

IGN Chasista

08 February 2019 - 12:54 PM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

Special Full art for what I've seen.

Personally I call the Gengar & Mimikyu "Dark art". Would be cool if all of them could be dark, but the other two are more brilliant than other thing LOL

"Drawing art" could be another name. They look more like a watercolour or pencil paint if you know what I mean (and have imagination).

G&M does stand out a bit, but beyond that the art style of each seems to be in line with what the individual artists typically do.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

08 February 2019 - 10:26 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

S'fa, so good.  :D (hate me later) Though now I can't say Super Foil art for the silly Gen cards they call radiant. 

The truth waits for no one.  That which you refuse to see, TPCi, slips past you.  The chat function was never your problem, yet through your blindness, you have made it one.