Sign in to follow this  
SandaledOtter

Team Up Tag Teams: card art deviation?

SandaledOtter

There are three Tag Team cards out of this set which do something with art that no other GX has done to date.

Specifically, cards 161, 165, and 170.

I'll wait while you look at them...

These cards are not the blank-background FAs, but they also aren't RAs.

Every "Regular Art" GX or GXTT has an energy-color bar at the top and bottom, preventing them from being "Full Art." Several come very close to completely obscuring these bars, but there is always some trace of them at least.

These three lack those bars, without obscuring the area, so should be Full Art cards, but they have a different design than every other GX FA.

Mod_Alder

Hello SandaledOtter, thanks for pointing out those cards, I probably would not have noticed on my own. 

SuperStone

Yeah, I heard about this about a week and a half ago, but I can't remember their official name.  In fact, I'm not sure they even have one.  The only names I can find them referenced by are "special art" and "alternative art," and neither by official sources.

I guess they're just a secondary FA version.

TheBlackxRanger

There are three Tag Team cards out of this set which do something with art that no other GX has done to date.

Specifically, cards 161, 165, and 170.

I'll wait while you look at them...

These cards are not the blank-background FAs, but they also aren't RAs.

Every "Regular Art" GX or GXTT has an energy-color bar at the top and bottom, preventing them from being "Full Art." Several come very close to completely obscuring these bars, but there is always some trace of them at least.

These three lack those bars, without obscuring the area, so should be Full Art cards, but they have a different design than every other GX FA.

Special Arts

Chasista

Special Full art for what I've seen.

Personally I call the Gengar & Mimikyu "Dark art". Would be cool if all of them could be dark, but the other two are more brilliant than other thing LOL

"Drawing art" could be another name. They look more like a watercolour or pencil paint if you know what I mean (and have imagination).

We will have to call'em SFA I guess, or SA maybe.

• Upvote 2

SandaledOtter

Special Full art for what I've seen.

Personally I call the Gengar & Mimikyu "Dark art". Would be cool if all of them could be dark, but the other two are more brilliant than other thing LOL

"Drawing art" could be another name. They look more like a watercolour or pencil paint if you know what I mean (and have imagination).

G&M does stand out a bit, but beyond that the art style of each seems to be in line with what the individual artists typically do.

SuperStone

S'fa, so good.  :D (hate me later) Though now I can't say Super Foil art for the silly Gen cards they call radiant. 

Sign in to follow this