Improving Attacking Animation

• Please log in to reply

02 February 2019 - 04:44 PM

Anexpor

Novice Trainer

• Anexpor

i playing game for 3 years but game already same attacking animations. the gameboy version of this game have much more good animations like fireball - thunderbolt - hydro pump - solar beams. please rework animations and add throwing or burst - spray like attacks.

Edited by Anexpor, 21 February 2019 - 04:39 PM.

03 February 2019 - 06:07 PM

Otakutron

Veteran Trainer

• Otakutron

Whereas I'd rather they lost the animations altogether because they just eat up time and we've been told that we aren't going to get the option to disable them back.

Which does not mean I think the current animations are of great quality, nor am I telling you not to start this discussion; I'm just trying to help it get off on the right foot by acknowledging some facts.  We don't know the PTCGO budget, but it seems like the Dev Team has just enough to keep things going.  We know that the powers-that-be view the PTCGO as more of a "bonus" to the regular TCG.  It isn't its own beast, generating any revenue directly.  It serves as an easy way to try out the Pokémon TCG, then as a reward for those who buy new product (via redemption codes).

If you do not have Private Messages enabled, it really limits you in discussing the Pokémon TCG. ;)

03 February 2019 - 06:52 PM

Anexpor

Novice Trainer

• Anexpor

Animations eats time because the cards moving and hitting. look at the old games ''play it'' and ''gameboy version'' cards not moving and only spraying or bursting attacks. this type animations will be super fits on the game

09 February 2019 - 05:36 PM

Anexpor

Novice Trainer

• Anexpor

one example venusaur gx using solar beam but we saw leaf tornado animation and using hydro pump or beam like attacks cards no need to move for hitting.

Edited by Anexpor, 21 February 2019 - 04:43 PM.

09 February 2019 - 09:46 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

one example too venusaur gx using solar beam but we saw leaf tornado animation. if you more rework attack animations tons of player will come to game.

I doubt that.  Sure, I'd love to have it made more interesting, but I really would prefer the devs spent their time... Well, in an ideal world, petitioning with TPCi to let them fix all the stupid problems with this game that they aren't allowed to, but I'd settle for fixing bugs.  Although, since much has been automated in the game recently, they may have a bit more time on their hands- or that may just mean there have been staff cuts, but if there is time, animations wouldn't be a bad way to spend it, I don't think.

Edited by SuperStone, 10 February 2019 - 11:07 PM.

The truth waits for no one.  That which you refuse to see, TPCi, slips past you.  The chat function was never your problem, yet through your blindness, you have made it one.

10 February 2019 - 05:10 PM

Mod_Alder

• Mod_Alder

Hello trainers, thank you everyone for posting your valuable feedback. I will forward this thread to the development team. 

Moderator Alder
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

21 February 2019 - 04:45 PM

Anexpor

Novice Trainer

• Anexpor

Game is nice state in now with new expansion.   this improving will be good if it released early

Edited by Anexpor, 21 February 2019 - 04:45 PM.

21 February 2019 - 04:54 PM

zain70

Rookie Trainer

• zain70

Since we already have animations, a few more for specific type of attacks can make the game feel fresh and help in knowing which attack was used e.g when marshadow uses an attack, the animations make it really difficult to find out which one was used. Eclipse GX for example

21 February 2019 - 05:50 PM

RigRolled

Rookie Trainer

• RigRolled

some of the attacks do need better animations.

21 February 2019 - 07:01 PM

Mradestroyer

Rookie Trainer

• Mradestroyer

i playing game for 3 years but game already same attacking animations. the gameboy version of this game have much more good animations like fireball - thunderbolt - hydro pump - solar beams. please rework animations and add throwing or burst - spray like attacks.

I Completely agree with this, after playing this game on and off, i feel like what puts me off is seeing the same animations for all the attacks. 

23 February 2019 - 03:19 PM

Cristián-san

Rookie Trainer

• Cristián-san

these are good ideas

Edited by Cristián-san, 23 February 2019 - 03:29 PM.

23 February 2019 - 03:24 PM

Cristián-san

Rookie Trainer

• Cristián-san

i support this too

Edited by Cristián-san, 23 February 2019 - 03:26 PM.

24 February 2019 - 02:10 PM

Pikachu453058

Rookie Trainer

• Pikachu453058
I play from 2 years and i think too that animetions need a restyle

28 February 2019 - 06:47 PM

Anexpor

Novice Trainer

• Anexpor

Cant you add at least gameboy attack animations to the game? its bored every attacks hits melee by cards

28 February 2019 - 09:32 PM

Otakutron

Veteran Trainer

• Otakutron

Cant you add at least gameboy attack animations to the game? its bored every attacks hits melee by cards

If you meant that literally then no, they can't.  The TL;DR is that

1) Game Boy Color code isn't the same as PC, Mac, Android, iOS.

2) Pokémon is jointly owned by multiple companies and has had stuff made for it by those different companies.  Even the shared stuff requires permission to use.

If you do not have Private Messages enabled, it really limits you in discussing the Pokémon TCG. ;)

03 March 2019 - 03:02 PM

Anexpor

Novice Trainer

• Anexpor

but that animations sprites is easy for developers. cards can throw fireball or electroball - ice ball to enemy card . they not to be hits melee like tackle attack

04 March 2019 - 12:13 AM

Otakutron

Veteran Trainer

• Otakutron

but that animations sprites is easy for developers. cards can throw fireball or electroball - ice ball to enemy card . they not to be hits melee like tackle attack

That is not what you asked about, though:

Also, given how many glitches have occurred... no, it is not that easy.  The PTCGO is weird; however it is coded, for some reason any of the thousands of cards can react poorly to it.

Also, I thought they already had animations of this caliber.  Maybe that's why they cut them?  As a reminder, I am biased: I'm the player who either wants

• No animations or
  • Quality animations at least at the level of the old Yu-Gi-Oh TCG video games

The latter would be amazing. The latter is not happening for a free-to-play game that is actually free-to-play. ;)

Edited by Otakutron, 04 March 2019 - 12:15 AM.

04 March 2019 - 05:23 PM

Anexpor

Novice Trainer

• Anexpor

dear developers please game needs to refresh. just add hitting balls - blasts - discharge - spray attack effects and disable melee card hitting effect.

Edited by Anexpor, 04 March 2019 - 05:24 PM.

09 March 2019 - 06:25 PM

Anexpor

Novice Trainer

• Anexpor

different type animations can improve using old and same type cards like expamle: nearly no one using blaziken-gx because that card is simple. add a blaze kick attack effect and everyone want to be use that. new type animations like old nintendo games can be rising this game too much.

11 March 2019 - 04:30 PM

brdlevel

Trainer

• brdlevel

yeah it sounds neat however i would rather have the devs spend more time on things that matter like bug fixxes because this game is in a really bad state as of now

Edited by brdlevel, 11 March 2019 - 04:32 PM.

brd