Sign in to follow this  
Seeker33

Brittney Deck is far too Strong

Seeker33

out of the trainer challenge. most of their decks are sub ok to bad or their AI is suited for the type of style. but I find a big problem with Brittneys deck that its way too strong level it is for the trainer challenge.

Heres why:

First her deck theme is Electrivire/Magmortar which is a strong combination cause 1: they are both stage 1 pokemons and 2 cause of magmortar. Magmortars flame charge attack makes it easy to attach energys from the deck making its twin burst attacks easy to set up in 1-3 turns for a 4 energy cost card. then its twin burst attack makes it impossible to make a comeback cause of its twin burst attack that can do 160 if electrivire is on the bench. which can ko any pokemon from the entire structure deck list.

Then her deck contains Pyroar a card that is immune to all basic pokemon making it more of a pain to deal with limiting your attackers to evlutions. considering water decks beats this deck easily cause of weakness. the Fire and electric starter structure decks find it near impossible to defeat it cause most of pokemons can ohko your mons. limits your options, and plus she can search them easily with trevor and great ball making it hard to not bless rng of not drawing the evolutions. plus she has energy retrieval recycling her energys for her discard costs from pyroar.

Plus she has startling megaphone crippling the fire deck of its Exp. Shares

I just managed to defeat her after 15+ retries only cause she didn't get any other pokemons and managed to ko her only mon easily.

I do think her deck needs a big nerf of removing pyroar for a defferent fire mon instead.

Magmortar/electrivire can be dealt with but with pyroar added makes it very hard or near impossible to win.

Skyleta

Seeker33,

I am pretty new to Pokémon TCG online and, although I found it difficult, I was able to beat her with four different decks. It took me 5 or 6 duels total. I don't know if you know this but you are able to purchase stronger theme decks with the coins you earn in the game! These decks can give you a valuable edge up against some of the stronger AI opponents as these decks often have more advanced strategies that allow you more utility. That being said- the decks used to beat her are as follows.

I started with Daybreak, followed up with Blazing Volcano, third was Tropical Takedown, and fourth was Hidden Depths. 

I understand the first three of the decks I used were purchased in the store but every coin I earned to purchase these decks was using the free theme decks you are given/earn throughout the beginning parts of the game. 

I actually believe that including Brittney was a great idea for a few reasons. The structure of this deck is built to set up its main strategy quickly because when you begin playing other humans online with your theme decks, some of these opponents will be able to set up their strategy just as fast as her-if not faster. Pyroar's special ability in blocking all attacks from basic Pokémon is there to teach you a very valuable strategy in countering one of the quickly powered-up basic Pokémon found in your beginner theme decks such as Kangaskhan.

The theme decks you are facing showcase the different types of decks you may face when using the versus mode within the game. These fights may be difficult but save up your coins and you'll be able to buy a nice theme deck or two within a week or so!

I know it may sound tough but hang in there! You got this!

Best wishes,

Sky

• Upvote 4

harshu

Seeker33,

I am pretty new to Pokémon TCG online and, although I found it difficult, I was able to beat her with four different decks. It took me 5 or 6 duels total. I don't know if you know this but you are able to purchase stronger theme decks with the coins you earn in the game! These decks can give you a valuable edge up against some of the stronger AI opponents as these decks often have more advanced strategies that allow you more utility. That being said- the decks used to beat her are as follows.

I started with Daybreak, followed up with Blazing Volcano, third was Tropical Takedown, and fourth was Hidden Depths. 

I understand the first three of the decks I used were purchased in the store but every coin I earned to purchase these decks was using the free theme decks you are given/earn throughout the beginning parts of the game. 

I actually believe that including Brittney was a great idea for a few reasons. The structure of this deck is built to set up its main strategy quickly because when you begin playing other humans online with your theme decks, some of these opponents will be able to set up their strategy just as fast as her-if not faster. Pyroar's special ability in blocking all attacks from basic Pokémon is there to teach you a very valuable strategy in countering one of the quickly powered-up basic Pokémon found in your beginner theme decks such as Kangaskhan.

The theme decks you are facing showcase the different types of decks you may face when using the versus mode within the game. These fights may be difficult but save up your coins and you'll be able to buy a nice theme deck or two within a week or so!

I know it may sound tough but hang in there! You got this!

Best wishes,

Sky

If only you paid attention to his signature saying 7 years of PTCGO player. And although the advice you gave is probably really good for a "new" player, I am assuming he was trying to beat brittney with a specefic theme deck to get addition pack of the set the theme deck is off (after winning 12 matches in trainer challenge).

As for the thread itself, I never found their decks good, its the AI luck that is broken. In no-time can they get 12 heads in a row to win the game and in no time, they can get 20 tails to lose horribly.

They can have 100% perfect games in terms of draw sometimes and other times totally out classed.

AI is broken as anything and addition of EX pokemon vs theme decks is even worse. However, it compensates for the badly played AI that is here in this game.. Probably he just had a very tough luck against brittney..

• Downvote 1

Sakura150612

If only you paid attention to his signature saying 7 years of PTCGO player. And although the advice you gave is probably really good for a "new" player, I am assuming he was trying to beat brittney with a specefic theme deck to get addition pack of the set the theme deck is off (after winning 12 matches in trainer challenge).

I thought the same thing, but it's the intention that counts xd I like this guy, it's nice to see a relatively new player with a positive attitude.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Seeker33

Purchased Theme decks have a much better chance to defeat Brittney easily but as I had played for almost 7 years. Brittneys deck has changed a lot as she used to had Entei EX in her deck. Idr if I struggled through her ex or not but considering they removed the difficulties of the Trainer challenge if feels more brutal than it used to be.

I remember mick being hard thanks to his HGSS Thyplosion when I first started PTCGO

Its like a hard matchup compared that you do have a few evolution mons that don't have the next stage mon like vulpix, psyduck, porygon, electabuzz. its not a disadvantage but moreso since your best pokemons you have way less of them and with 20 energys in a deck. its hard to draw and setup the right mon in time.

and most of your decient evolutions has 90 hp which is exact damage to Brittneys attacks as a ohko compared to her 110 and 120hp mons which are 2hko most of the time

Princess_Aurora

I thought the same thing, but it's the intention that counts xd I like this guy, it's nice to see a relatively new player with a positive attitude.

I can agree! It's good to see a new player being so enthusiastic.

Otakutron

So...

I've purchased every Theme Deck from the shop; I haven't put them all through their paces yet, but I think (can't check right now) I've unlocked the bonus booster for at least half.  Just establishing that yeah, I've played the PTCGO a lot.

If any character is giving you a problem and it isn't specifically due to Type advantage or a strategy advantage, then stop and come back later.  Whether it is because there is no true RNG for programs like this, a quirk of the AI, or just how repeated attempts can be mentally fatiguing, but stopping, exiting the game, and coming back later seems to make you go "...and I was having trouble with this why?".

Brittany is a terror when that combo sets up... but in my experience, it almost never does set up, between the quality of her deck and the mistakes the AI makes.

• Upvote 1

BowserLuigi

Ugh... Mick and Britney gave me nightmares back then (when theme decks had more bricks than a 20-storey apartment). Wished I could just whip out one of my standard decks and curbstomp those two.

• Upvote 1

SuperStone

Ugh... Mick and Britney gave me nightmares back then (when theme decks had more bricks than a 20-storey apartment). Wished I could just whip out one of my standard decks and curbstomp those two.

Ermgersh!  The lyricysm!  That is such a beautiful simile. :lol:

Edited by SuperStone

Felidae_

A friendly reminder that you can curbstomb a scrub in this game (insert American History X reference here) but if you **** ****** you get a warning for using inappropriate language.

Sign in to follow this