Sign in to follow this  
buddyglass

[MAC] Other - High cpu usage

buddyglass

When I run the app on my Macbook Air the CPU is *always* at 70% or higher even when I'm on a screen with no animations and I'm not interacting with the app.  The fans on the laptop ratchet up to max speed and it gets pretty hot.  The laptop is from 2012 but has 8 GB RAM, SSD, etc.  Running latest MacOS version.

Mod_Lyam

Hi buddyglass,

I-m sorry to hear you experienced this issue with the TCGO application. There are a couple of possible solutions, and though you may have tried some, I'll list them all.

First, go into your Applications folder and open the 'Pokémon Online Trading Card Game' folder. Move the application from this to the main Applications folder and then delete the empty TCGO folder. If this does not work, then please proceed to try a 'full' uninstall by following these specific steps:
1. Delete your TCGO folder (along with any downloaded installers/versions of the game).
2. Click on 'Go' located on your top window, press the 'alt/option' key and select 'Library'.
3. Go to 'Cache' folder. Delete any Pokémon related folders you find.
4. From the 'Library' again, go to 'Saved Application State' and delete "unity.The Pokémon Company International.Refresher.savedState" folder.
5. Empty your trash, restart your Mac, and visit http://pokemon.com/playtcgoto download the latest installer.

If you still encounter the same issue, please try the following:
1. Go to the Applications folder and the Pokémon Online Trading Card Game folder.
2. Right-click on the icon and select 'Show Package Contents.'
3. In the resulting folder, go into 'Contents' and then 'MacOS'
4. There will be a file called Pokemon Trading Card Game Online. Launch this file. It will open a terminal which will run before the game launches.

You should then be able to close the Terminal and run the game as normal. If your issue persists, please confirm that you meet the minimum requirements for the TCGO (found on the download page), and then provide us with a System Snapshot so that we can investigate this issue further. You can do this by:
1. Go to Applications > Utilities > System Profiler/Information.
2. When the application has finished compiling the data, click File and then Save/Save As.
3. Save the file to your desktop and attach it to your reply here.

Then, please submit a ticket by clicking the link [to the support portal] in my signature, signing in on the top right side of the page, then selecting the relevant category and clicking Contact Us.

Thank you!

buddyglass

I think the game is just way, way more compute heavy (on Mac, at least) than I expected.  I did a fresh install on a much more powerful Macbook Pro and, while the fan didn't spin up, it drained the battery like nothing else.

Sign in to follow this