Sign in to follow this  
Lordéthéniél

Espeon-GX/Garbodor Standard 2019

Lordéthéniél

Hello,
I knew there were a lot of Espeon-GX decks before, but all decks I found use cards for previous seasons. Tried to construct one, that is usable for Standard 2019 and would like to hear your thougts about it.

Pokémon-Cards (18):

3x Eevee SUM 101

1x Shuckle LOT 16

2x Inkay FLI 50

1x Marshadow SLG 45

3x Trubbish GRI 50

3x Espeon-GX SUM 140

3x Garbodor GRI 51

2x Malamar FLI 51

Trainer-Cards (30):

4x Mysterious Treasure FLI 113

1x Pal Pad UPR 132

2x Crushing Hammer EPO 92

1x Rescue Stretcher GRI 130

2x Acerola BUS 112

1x Ultra Ball SUM 135

4x Cynthia UPR 119

3x Guzma BUS 115

2x Sightseer LOT 189

2x Altar of the Moone GRI 117

4x Choice Band GRI 121

3x Great Ball XY 118

1x Lillie UPR 125

Energy-Cards (12):

8x Psychic

4x Double Colorless

RestlessThought

Hi! I don't think Espeon needs Malamar. And you don't need Shuckle in Malamar decks. Espeon only takes two attachments and doesn't need the speed up from Malamar, as Espeon's Psychic attack relies on the opponent's Pokemon also being powered up. Otherwise, she's only doing a measly 60 damage!

In the new Team Up expansion, there's a Parasect with an ability that does 20 damage between turns to confused Pokemon. That might be a better bench sitter than Malamar (although it lowers Mysterious Treasure's usefulness and you should probably run more Ultra Balls if you do add them). Two Parasects on the bench turns Espeon's Psybeam from 30 to 70 damage. Not too shabby!

I also think you're a little light on draw supporters and might want to consider a couple more or an Oranguru. Rest of the deck seems pretty good to me otherwise (well, maybe replace Crushing Hammers for more reliable Enhanced Hammers :**

SuperStone

Espeon isn't as good as it used to be, since many other GXs have been printed in the meantime.  It could still be worth trying, though.

This is a deck where Sigilyph-GX might work as a bit player.  Otherwise, I think Restless Thought covered a lot of things.  The deck doesn't have any obvious partners besides malimar, and if you include malamar it may as well become a toolbox deck and we've lost sight of the goal. :P

Sign in to follow this