Sign in to follow this  
buddyglass

any way to upgrade purchased theme deck?

buddyglass

I spent 500 coins to buy the XY deck with two Mewtos, then won 12 trainer battles with it to get the booster pack.

Is there any way to "improve" this theme deck similar to how the starter Water/Fire/Electricity decks get upgraded as you win trainer battles?

Gotta admit it's a little...underwhelming.

SandaledOtter

There is not. The starter decks are online exclusives, given to you incomplete so that completing them is the first challenge you face.

The purchased theme decks are exactly the way they would be purchased as physical cards, and cannot be changed at all.

The "good" theme decks are the ones from the most recent sets.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

buddyglass

Doh!  Thanks, though.  I only got the XY Mewto theme deck because I was trying to complete the "mental" challenge (knockout two mind pokemon) and mistakenly thought I could complete it by fighting trainer battles.  Hindsight's 20/20.

Mod_Alder

Hello there trainers, thanks for helping out a fellow player SandaledOtter. I'm glad to hear your question was answered buddy, even if it was not the answer you were hoping for. 

ShannonBK

Doh!  Thanks, though.  I only got the XY Mewto theme deck because I was trying to complete the "mental" challenge (knockout two mind pokemon) and mistakenly thought I could complete it by fighting trainer battles.  Hindsight's 20/20.

One of the worst Theme Decks out there. Highly underwhelming!

As been told, In shop Theme Decks remain as they are forever. The reason is they are the same as the real Theme decks-

You can modify -not upgrade by the game- any Theme but this will cause it is not a Theme anymore and will become instantly a Standard or Expanded or Legacy deck. These are different formats of the game, and you hardly will win custom Standard or Expanded decks with the power of a Theme deck, so the customization should be big to give a Theme the consistency and power of a custom deck.

Needs deckbuilding basic knowledge to make it possible and any resemblance with the original Theme will be pure coincidence because all the changes required to make it worth as a deck.

But you can change any simple card and remove the bad cards and try in Versus modes. I suggest try the psychic challenge with the Mental Might deck in Expanded versus, if possible with slight changes to make it better, like next example. Include Mach Strike and Blazing Volcano trainers but if you miss cards or have better kinda Rare Candy, more Evosoda, Field Blower in the Scrapper spot, Choice Band, more Vs Seeker etcetera. you can add different. But the core is with starter cards.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 20

* 1 Bouffalant DRX 110
* 2 Miltank FLF 83
* 2 Skitty XY 104
* 1 Delcatty XY 105
* 3 Woobat LTR 64
* 2 Swoobat LTR 65
* 4 Ralts PLS 59
* 3 Kirlia LTR 124
* 2 Gallade PLS 61

##Trainer Cards - 24

* 1 Professor's Letter XY 123
* 3 Ultra Ball DEX 102
* 3 N DEX 96
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 2 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 1 Evosoda XY 116
* 1 Energy Retrieval BLW 92
* 2 Cynthia UPR 119
* 1 Teammates PRC 141
* 1 Skyla BKT 148
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Muscle Band XY 121
* 1 Tool Scrapper DRX 116
* 1 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 1 Level Ball NXD 89

##Energy - 16

* 7 Psychic Energy XYEnergy 8
* 4 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92
* 1 Water Energy Energy 3
* 1 Lightning Energy Energy 4
* 1 Metal Energy Energy 8
* 1 Fire Energy Energy 2
* 1 Darkness Energy Energy 7

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******
  • Upvote 2

Sign in to follow this