Why ins't there Sun&Moon Dragon Majesty boosters on my store in game to buy?

• Please log in to reply

12 January 2019 - 11:14 PM

RafaBaura

Rookie Trainer

• RafaBaura

I really would like to buy those boosters and I don't know how :c please help me

12 January 2019 - 11:37 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

There are certain smaller sets that are Promo products only.  Regular sets are released every 3 months, in February, May, August, and November, usually the 1st week of these months.

When these promo sets are released, they haven't been made available in the Shop.  The reason hasn't been officially explained, but I'm guessing they want us to buy real-world boosters, and get the code cards that way.  After all, this is mostly a physical card game, with the virtual Online app being a bonus for those fans.

The first promo set was the small Dragon Vault (20 cards), which came in blister packs.  The next small one was Double Crisis (30+ cards), also in blister packs.  Then, in 2016, they came out with Generations to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Pokémon.  This set started a new trend, and I believe was over 100 cards.  Since then, they've also released Shining Legends and Dragon Majesty as "promo only" sets, without making them available for free in the game.

On occasion, they have given these latest packs as special bonuses or giveaways.

EDIT:  removed a vocabulary mistake.

Edited by RobRatt, 13 January 2019 - 10:00 PM.

12 January 2019 - 11:57 PM

Mod_Alder

• Mod_Alder

Hello there, I'm going to go ahead and move this thread to game feedback as this subject is not really considered  game a bug.

Moderator Alder
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

13 January 2019 - 02:22 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

There are certain smaller sets (or subsets) that are Promo products only.

Do they call them subsets?  I thought that term was only for sets within sets, such as the radiant collections or the Arceus subset from Platinum Arceus.

Edited by SuperStone, 13 January 2019 - 02:22 AM.

The truth waits for no one.  That which you refuse to see, TPCi, slips past you.  The chat function was never your problem, yet through your blindness, you have made it one.

13 January 2019 - 05:11 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Do they call them subsets?  I thought that term was only for sets within sets, such as the radiant collections or the Arceus subset from Platinum Arceus.

You're right.  After consulting my dictionary -- "a part of a larger group of related things" -- I guess I've been using that term wrong.  I had "smaller sets" within the current choices stuck in my brain, and that word came to mind while I was typing.  Thanks for the correction.

EDIT:  Being wrong is interesting.  Everyone should try it at least once.  :)

Edited by RobRatt, 13 January 2019 - 05:28 AM.

13 January 2019 - 09:02 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

Being wrong is interesting.  Everyone should try it at least once.  :)

Yee-ha!  Can we make this the PTCGO motto? :P

Edited by SuperStone, 13 January 2019 - 09:03 PM.

The truth waits for no one.  That which you refuse to see, TPCi, slips past you.  The chat function was never your problem, yet through your blindness, you have made it one.