Looking for guidance in multiple areas - Please help :)

• Please log in to reply

17 January 2019 - 02:18 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

Cool thank you! I have been checking that out a bit but I am confused with some of these decks that only have like 4-5 energy cards, maybe I have a lot to learn in terms of deck building but it seems very low? Also, it will take a long while to obtain all those cards unless I spend money (which I am trying to avoid). I am having fun right now with the theme decks and theme event tournaments and trying to win and gain extra packs.

Very few decks can afford to go that low.  They are basically all ones that use double colorless and that alone, and even so they almost always use special charge to get energy back from the discard pile.

I have a few GX cards right now as well (never played with any of them).
Not sure if any of those are good to build around?

Sylveon can be used in control/disruption decks, if that's a strategy you're inrerested in.  Gardevoir is very strong, but you'll need minimally two copies and that will be expensive.  Ho-oh and Nihilego have their uses, and you could probably build a solid deck around the phoenix.  I'd suggest paring it with Kiawe.

Another side note question - I obtained a second Mach Strike Deck that is NOT trade locked, is that worth anything in trade?

It is, actually.  I don't know its exact value, but it's not irrelevant.

The truth waits for no one.  That which you refuse to see, TPCi, slips past you.  The chat function was never your problem, yet through your blindness, you have made it one.

17 January 2019 - 11:00 PM

ABeezy13

Rookie Trainer

• ABeezy13

Very few decks can afford to go that low.  They are basically all ones that use double colorless and that alone, and even so they almost always use special charge to get energy back from the discard pile.

Thanks, as a beginner I don't think its a good idea to go that low as I am still learning as I play (continuing with this Blazing Volcano theme deck).

Sylveon can be used in control/disruption decks, if that's a strategy you're inrerested in.  Gardevoir is very strong, but you'll need minimally two copies and that will be expensive.  Ho-oh and Nihilego have their uses, and you could probably build a solid deck around the phoenix.  I'd suggest paring it with Kiawe.

We all have favorite Pokemon, but right now I don't really have any GX cards that are my favorite Pokemon, so taking that aspect out I would say my strategy is to "hit em' hard and hit' em fast". I like to build up cards that can do a good deal of damage and knock my opponent out quick, or at least take the advantage right out of the gate. I am not a fa of having to get lucky and draw all the right cards in the right order to be powerful, because luck is never on my side. One other thing, I am not sure off hand but is there any energy type with the least weakness or the biggest advantage over most other energy types? I think that would be another thing that I would go for.

With that being said I am not sure if there are any decks or examples that come to mind that you could suggest. Speaking of decks... when venturing out of "theme" to "standard" is it pretty much a must have, to build a deck with a GX card? If I don't I will get wrecked time and time again?

It is, actually.  I don't know its exact value, but it's not irrelevant.

Cool, I will hold on to it then and maybe trade it when I start to build my own deck. (I have one Mach Strike already that I purchased, and I have plenty of coins to purchase another for the 2x more Cynthia cards.)

18 January 2019 - 06:26 AM

ABeezy13

Rookie Trainer

• ABeezy13

I also just opened a pack I got from rewards and got a Lugia GX card :) Not sure if that trumps any of the ones from my previous post?

19 January 2019 - 06:27 AM

ABeezy13

Rookie Trainer

• ABeezy13

I also just opened a pack I got from rewards and got a Lugia GX card :) Not sure if that trumps any of the ones from my previous post?

Add a Blaziken GX to my list too :)

21 January 2019 - 12:55 PM

Chasista

Elite Trainer

• Chasista

Add a Blaziken GX to my list too :)

Lugia GX is good. Colourless, can work in almost any deck. More if you're starting and don't have all the cards focused in a main strategy based on 3-4 copies of the main attacker and so. Lugia GX works as a Joker in almost any deck.

Blaziken GX tho is fire and stage 2. Only fits as main attacker in a fire deck based on getting the evolution of Blaziken ASAP having a thick line of 3 or 4 of it. TBH looks better in Expanded with rare candy, battle compressor, vs seeker and blacksmith, but there are better and easier fire options to play both Standard and Expanded.

WE WANT LEGACY TOURNAMENTS BACK !!! If you also want it, show your support http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/55966-feedback-making-it-easier-to-get-the-cards-you-want/

5th day reward packs list http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/56679-5th-day-log-in-pack-is-random-got-a-gur-dd/?p=593037

Foro en español, también existe: http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/2-español/

IGN Chasista