Gameboy Version

• Please log in to reply

09 January 2019 - 02:55 PM

Anexpor

Novice Trainer

• Anexpor

This game needs to be improved like gameboy version trading card game 2.
And first gen cards can be added in this game we want to play with only old cards and mechanics.

10 January 2019 - 05:21 PM

Jammer87

Senior Trainer

• Jammer87

Correct me if my reasoning is wrong, but I believe that, as long as the cards have yet to be eligible to be added to the public domain(80-100 years' time from time of creation due to the owner being a company), the act of adding old cards made before the ownership of future cards changed hands is a big no-no for these reasons:

1. First gen cards were made by Wizards of the Coast internationally. While the GB version was made by Nintendo, making the VC release of the same game acceptable, the physical cards themselves are not. Try adding such cards here unaltered on a line other than its copyright section of the card for originality purposes, and either you agree to pay Wizards for every card they made while they were in charge of localization, or else your game's plans will be toast by a lawsuit by Wizards for infringing their rights to their work w/o their prior say-so...

2. There's also the "Kadabra restriction" established by the Uri Geller controversy that Nintendo has yet to resolve, and until they resolve it, no Kadabra cards can be added under the rules of law... 

Ah, the consequences of plagiarism... I believe that, unless I read the situation wrong, even though the localization license belongs to TPCi now, I'm afraid the old cards made in WOTC's time must be deemed "for display only" and TPCi must focus more on making more original cards for every set they make. They may have the license now, but the rights of cards printed under a different owner's name before the license changed hands to a different owner belongs to the Original Owner. TPCi could add the RS ex-era cards, though, as the license of those cards are in their pocket in that era, and they still have it today...

Edited by Jammer87, 10 January 2019 - 05:24 PM.

http://support.pokemon.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=15227&redirect=true

^ Something I noticed after the latest patch install...

11 January 2019 - 01:05 PM

Anexpor

Novice Trainer

• Anexpor

But at least developers must change animations like gameboy version. that game was 18 year old but it have more smooth and fun gameplay. at this state the game is so slow with excess animations please rework like gameboy version.

13 January 2019 - 08:54 AM

GR0

Senior Trainer

• GR0

Actually, the old cards shouldn't be a problem. The existence of the set Evolutions proves it, and in case you think "they have different stats though" (even though the artwork would be the most important part of what a copyright would protect), see Caterpie, Weedle, Electabuzz, Chansey, Flying Pikachu, and Surfing Pikachu. And then there are of course also the Energy cards and most of the Trainers.

However, I do agree we'd never see the old sets. It just wouldn't fit with the sets this game has, and if they separate the sets you basically get 2 separate TCG games.

13 January 2019 - 09:26 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

Yeah, this game has neither the playerbase nor the devlopment staff to add and run every pokemon format in the game's history.

The truth waits for no one.  That which you refuse to see, TPCi, slips past you.  The chat function was never your problem, yet through your blindness, you have made it one.

19 January 2019 - 06:02 PM

Mod_Lyam

• Mod_Lyam

Hello Trainers,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, I will send them over to our dev team so they can be taken into consideration. 

Enjoy the game!

Moderator Lyam
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!