Lunala GX

• Please log in to reply

01 January 2019 - 09:54 PM

Eiyaki

Novice Trainer

• Eiyaki

Hoo boy... This deck is absolutely trash and I know it. The strategy I thought of was to use Nangandel to charge and then use Psychic Transfer with Lunala. Also have no clue on how to make a competent deck.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 15

* 1 Smeargle LOT 157
* 1 Slugma CES 23
* 1 Magcargo CES 24
* 2 Cosmog SUM 64
* 1 Oricorio GRI 56
* 2 Poipole LOT 107
* 1 Shining Mew SLG 40
* 1 Wobbuffet LOT 93
* 2 Cosmoem UPR 61
* 2 Naganadel LOT 108
* 1 Lunala-GX PR-SM SM17

##Trainer Cards - 30

* 1 Lady FLI 109
* 1 Order Pad UPR 131
* 1 Switch CES 147
* 3 Timer Ball SUM 134
* 1 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Apricorn Maker CES 124
* 2 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113
* 1 Fisherman BKT 136
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Max Potion GRI 128
* 1 Switch KSS 38
* 3 Rare Candy CES 142
* 2 Potion KSS 37
* 1 Rotom Dex SUM 131
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Exp. Share SUM 118

##Energy - 15

* 15 Psychic Energy Energy 5

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

"It's more important to master the cards you're holding than to complain about the ones your opponents were dealt."

-Grimsley

02 January 2019 - 02:00 AM

Eiyaki

Novice Trainer

• Eiyaki

Anyway! Terrible deck aside, I've got a better Lunala GX expanded deck with much better cards.

##Pokémon - 16

* 2 Stufful GRI 112
* 2 Bewear GRI 113
* 2 Slugma CES 23
* 1 Magcargo CES 24
* 2 Cosmog SUM 64
* 1 Mimikyu GRI 58
* 2 Poipole LOT 107
* 1 Shuppet CES 64
* 1 Cosmoem SUM 65
* 1 Naganadel LOT 108
* 1 Lunala-GX PR-SM SM17

##Trainer Cards - 29

* 1 Lady FLI 109
* 1 Switch CES 147
* 2 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 1 Rescue Scarf DRX 115
* 2 Muscle Band XY 121
* 2 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 2 Switch SUM 132
* 1 Apricorn Maker CES 124
* 2 Acro Bike PRC 122
* 2 Skyla BKT 148
* 2 Professor Juniper DEX 98
* 3 Hau SUM 120
* 1 Altar of the Moone GRI 117
* 2 Professor Birch's Observations PRC 134
* 2 Max Potion BKP 103
* 1 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 15

* 15 Psychic Energy Energy 5

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Note that some staples (Guzma, Field Blower, Rare Candy, and Mysterious Treasure) are missing because I haven't traded them yet and I need a deck right away.

Edited by Eiyaki, 02 January 2019 - 02:04 AM.

"It's more important to master the cards you're holding than to complain about the ones your opponents were dealt."

-Grimsley

02 January 2019 - 02:54 PM

Chasista

Elite Trainer

• Chasista

You already told you missing some staples. Even in a budget, you need that cards. It would be better to theorize about a deck with cards you don't own yet. The way to build (competitive) decks is not with what you have in collection, is with the cards you need, and then get it.

The absolutely essential for Expanded are:

1 Karen

1 Ace Spec

4 Vs seeker

And then the staples involve cards like:

N

Prof Juniper or Sycamore

Lysandre/Guzma

Colress

4 Ultra ball

And other cards like

Cynthia

Lillie

Elm's lecture/Brigette/Olivia/Poke fan club...

Acerola/AZ

According to the deck strategy, not missing items and other like:

Nest ball / Level ball / Heavy ball / etc.

Field blower/Startling megaphone/Tool scrapper

Battle compressor/Trainers mail

Rare candy/Evosoda

Choice band/Muscle band

Bodybuilding dumbbells/Bursting balloon

Float stone/Escape board

Switch/Escape rope

Rescue stretcher/Super rod

Professor letter/Energy switch/Energy loto/Energy recycler

Max potion

2 or 3 Stadiums

Choose a main attacker. High HP, low energy requirement, big damage. add 4. Or 3 at least.

What does that pokémon need? More damage? More healing? Energy acceleration? Evolving to high stages? Add partners to help yourself to set up your main attacker before your opponent does it! Add several copies 2 to 4. It depends on the Evo lines.

Complete with the lower possible energies to make it work. There it is your competitive deck.

About your deck, replace Prof Birch. Lady and Hau with some of the staples. Skyla use to be good but I think you'll need the space for more staple cards.

About pokémn, if Lunala GX or Naganadel are going to be your main and backup attackers, you need 3-4 copies and thicker evo lines. Use cards like Rare candy and Evosoda to help evolving faster and find the evo stages without searching for them.

WE WANT LEGACY TOURNAMENTS BACK !!! If you also want it, show your support http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/55966-feedback-making-it-easier-to-get-the-cards-you-want/

5th day reward packs list http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/56679-5th-day-log-in-pack-is-random-got-a-gur-dd/?p=593037

Foro en español, también existe: http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/2-español/

IGN Chasista

04 January 2019 - 07:15 PM

Eiyaki

Novice Trainer

• Eiyaki

Well, I took your advice and here is my new and updated Lunala GX Deck. Might need a few more basics...

##Pokémon - 13

* 4 Cosmog SUM 64
* 2 Inkay FLI 50
* 1 Cosmoem SUM 65
* 2 Malamar FLI 51
* 4 Lunala-GX PR-SM SM17

##Trainer Cards - 37

* 2 Karen PR-XY XY177
* 1 Computer Search BCR 137
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 2 Lysandre AOR 78
* 2 Colress PLS 118
* 4 Ultra Ball SLG 68
* 2 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
* 2 Lillie UPR 125
* 2 Professor's Letter TK-Sylveon 28

* 2 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113
* 2 Battle Compressor PHF 92
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Rare Candy CES 142
* 2 Max Potion BKP 103
* 2 Muscle Band XY 121
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137

##Energy - 10

* 10 Psychic Energy  5

Total Cards - 60

The goal here is to spam Malamar's Psychic Recharge so Lunala GX can get it back. Might need a backup attacker (such as Bewear GRI 113) to clean up the mess if Lunala gets rekt.

Edited by Eiyaki, 04 January 2019 - 07:27 PM.

-Grimsley

04 January 2019 - 08:09 PM

Chasista

Elite Trainer

• Chasista
Way much better.

3-3 Malamar would be great, (even 4-3 or 4-4). 3-1-3 Lunala should be enough (with the R stretchers).

1 Karen must be enough too. It's just for Night March. Of course you can use it in benefit but you won't be facing Night march all the time and there's more useful cards to waste the space on a second Karen.

A 3rd Rare candy and 3rd Compressor even 4 of it is highly recommended. You can replace the Ultra balls or keep just 2 and increase the Mysterious treasures to 4. It fits perfect for this deck but that's up to you testing the number of energies you use to discard.

As it's expanded, use Evosoda will help you a lot to get those Malamar.

Add also 1-2 N, it's great in Expanded.

Lunala is not the best GX, 4 energies is a lot and 120 it's not too much damageoutput. Although Muscle band is ok, think about Choice band too.

Usual partners for Malamar are: Dawn wings Necrozma GX and Necrozma GX. And also Ultra Necrozma GX. All of them hit same or harder for less energies and they are BASICS, easier to get and more space for trainers, not dedicated to ******** stages. If you will, take a look at them and

ShL Marshadow is a common disruptive tech (not only in Psy decks).

WE WANT LEGACY TOURNAMENTS BACK !!! If you also want it, show your support http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/55966-feedback-making-it-easier-to-get-the-cards-you-want/

5th day reward packs list http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/56679-5th-day-log-in-pack-is-random-got-a-gur-dd/?p=593037

Foro en español, también existe: http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/2-español/

IGN Chasista

12 January 2019 - 10:21 PM

Akatsuk1Zer0

Rookie Trainer

• Akatsuk1Zer0
It’s better than origin but... I think naganadel works better with lunala GX. Because lunala have ability to move energy as often as you want. Ultra.Necrozma GX need malamar because it don’t have ability like lunala GX. If use naganadel I think u can cut the float stone.

Also, comparing to be a main attacker, Lunala GX tend more to be a sup. I think that might be better to use nagannadel with lunala GX to charge for another one such as mewtwo-GX, or other Pokémon that attack based on energy numbers. 250hp is not that easy to be slayed but 120 is relatively low....

Add 4 mysterious treasure instead of 4 ultra ball, and 1 Karen is enough, and 4 Rare candy.

23 January 2019 - 08:52 PM

Megazardxyg

Rookie Trainer

• Megazardxyg

I play sightseer and spell tag