Help a vet trainer oil up the rust PLEASE HELP W THIS DECK

• Please log in to reply

01 January 2019 - 07:46 AM

Gengstar_23

Rookie Trainer

• Gengstar_23
so it’s been a few years since I was into the TCG, maybe when Diamond and Pearl were still pretty new. I’m 28, I know I’m old so bare with me. But I am an ultra fan, I’ve been playing the games more than the TCG but both since 1997. One year after it hit the US
Anyways, I have two questions first I’d like to get the deck I’ve created some feedback, advice and overall stratesgies that may or may not work:

Pokémon cards-
x3 Poipole- HP 70, Psychic ULTRA BEAST
Move- eye opener, Peck

x2 Naganadel(evolves from Poipole) - HP 130, Psy ULTRA BEAST
Ability- Charging Up
Move- Turning Point

x1 Mr. Mime GX- HP 150, Psy
Ability- Magic Evens
Move- Breakdown
Life Trick GX(heals all damage from this poke)

Necrozma GX- HP 180, Psy
Ability- Lights End
Move- Prismatic Burn
Black Ray GX(does 100 damage to each of ur opponents pkmn GX and EX. This damage isn’t effected by weakness or resistance)

Necrozma GX Dawn Wings- HP 180, Psy
Ability-Invasion
Move- Dark Flash
Moons Eclipse GX- 180(u can use this atk if u have more prize cards than ur opponent, prevent all atks, including dmg done to this pkmn during opponents next turn)

x3 Raikou- HP 120, Electric (2 with Lost Voltage and one with Shining Body ABILITY)

x3 Mareep- HP 60, Electric
Thunder Shock

x2 Flaafy(evolves from Mareep) HP 80, Elecrtic
Signal Beam

x2 Ampharos(evolves from Flaafy) HP 140, HP 150, Electric
Ability Ampharos 1- Shocking Light
Move- Gigavolt 80 dmg
Ability Ampharos 2- Unseen Flash
Move- Split Bomb

x1 Pikachu- HP 60, Electric
Moves- Tail Whip, Electro Ball

x1 Minum- HP 70, Electric
Moves- Ditch and Draw, Electro Ball

x1Electabuzz- HP 80
Moves- Punch, Thunder Shock

Energy Cards-
x6 Psychic Energy cards
x14 Electric Energy cards

Trainer cards-
Greedy Dice - Item
Hau- Supporter
Energy Switch- Item
Timer Ball- Item
Sophocles- Supporter
x2 **********- Supporter
Energy Retrieval- Item
Ultra Ball- Item
Beast Ball- Item
Misty’s Determination- Supporter
Underground Expedition- Supporter
N- Supporter
Fighting Fury Belt- Item
Switch- Item
Acro Bike- Item
Hustle Belt- Item
Energy Recycle System- Item
Life Herb- Item

And off all the cards I recently invested in, and the fact that I have more electric energy cards than any other, this was the best I can come up w on my own. Like I said I’m jumping back in after about a good 3-4 yrs and I xan use ALL the help, criticism, and feedback I can possibly get.
There is a local comic/board games store where they hold Pokémon games for fun and occasional tournaments and I’d love to start there and ascend into a magical journey of the Pokémon world lol jk but seriously
Friday I get my check from work and I plan on investing in a 3ds and Pokémon sun or Moon so I’m diving head first into this thing.
not new to Serebii and sites like that neither, have been a memeber for years and it’s one of the first places that popped in my head when I made the decision. I have plenty of other cards and plan on getting more.

Hit me back yo and help a 28 yr old get get back on his shwifty high horse

01 January 2019 - 07:50 AM

Gengstar_23

Rookie Trainer

• Gengstar_23

so it’s been a few years since I was into the TCG, maybe when Diamond and Pearl were still pretty new. I’m 28, I know I’m old so bare with me. But I am an ultra fan, I’ve been playing the games more than the TCG but both since 1997. One year after it hit the US
Anyways, I have two questions first I’d like to get the deck I’ve created some feedback, advice and overall stratesgies that may or may not work:

Pokémon cards-
x3 Poipole- HP 70, Psychic ULTRA BEAST
Move- eye opener, Peck

x2 Naganadel(evolves from Poipole) - HP 130, Psy ULTRA BEAST
Ability- Charging Up
Move- Turning Point

x1 Mr. Mime GX- HP 150, Psy
Ability- Magic Evens
Move- Breakdown
Life Trick GX(heals all damage from this poke)

Necrozma GX- HP 180, Psy
Ability- Lights End
Move- Prismatic Burn
Black Ray GX(does 100 damage to each of ur opponents pkmn GX and EX. This damage isn’t effected by weakness or resistance)

Necrozma GX Dawn Wings- HP 180, Psy
Ability-Invasion
Move- Dark Flash
Moons Eclipse GX- 180(u can use this atk if u have more prize cards than ur opponent, prevent all atks, including dmg done to this pkmn during opponents next turn)

x3 Raikou- HP 120, Electric (2 with Lost Voltage and one with Shining Body ABILITY)

x3 Mareep- HP 60, Electric
Thunder Shock

x2 Flaafy(evolves from Mareep) HP 80, Elecrtic
Signal Beam

x2 Ampharos(evolves from Flaafy) HP 140, HP 150, Electric
Ability Ampharos 1- Shocking Light
Move- Gigavolt 80 dmg
Ability Ampharos 2- Unseen Flash
Move- Split Bomb

x1 Pikachu- HP 60, Electric
Moves- Tail Whip, Electro Ball

x1 Minum- HP 70, Electric
Moves- Ditch and Draw, Electro Ball

x1Electabuzz- HP 80
Moves- Punch, Thunder Shock

Energy Cards-
x6 Psychic Energy cards
x14 Electric Energy cards

Trainer cards-
Greedy Dice - Item
Hau- Supporter
Energy Switch- Item
Timer Ball- Item
Sophocles- Supporter
x2 **********- Supporter
Energy Retrieval- Item
Ultra Ball- Item
Beast Ball- Item
Misty’s Determination- Supporter
Underground Expedition- Supporter
N- Supporter
Fighting Fury Belt- Item
Switch- Item
Acro Bike- Item
Hustle Belt- Item
Energy Recycle System- Item
Life Herb- Item

And off all the cards I recently invested in, and the fact that I have more electric energy cards than any other, this was the best I can come up w on my own. Like I said I’m jumping back in after about a good 3-4 yrs and I xan use ALL the help, criticism, and feedback I can possibly get.
There is a local comic/board games store where they hold Pokémon games for fun and occasional tournaments and I’d love to start there and ascend into a magical journey of the Pokémon world lol jk but seriously
Friday I get my check from work and I plan on investing in a 3ds and Pokémon sun or Moon so I’m diving head first into this thing.
not new to Serebii and sites like that neither, have been a memeber for years and it’s one of the first places that popped in my head when I made the decision. I have plenty of other cards and plan on getting more.

Hit me back yo and help a 28 yr old get get back on his shwifty high horse

I’m also a bit confused on the energy cards like most of the psychics I’m using only have basic cost points mostly and I have more electric energies than any other that’s y I went with an electric/Psy deck.. Please let me know where I went wrong and if somebody TRULY wants to help I can go over the rest of the cards I have, cus grass is my fav type kinda wanted to make a grass/dark deck but idk if I can yet. I need a lot more energy’s of different kinds.
Here’s a place down here that have Pokémon TCG matches every Thursday and I want to get into it and continue building an epic deck, maybe go competitive some day as I plan to do when I get my moon version and 3ds Friday

01 January 2019 - 11:16 AM

Felidae_

Elite Trainer

• Felidae_

Short breakdown:

• Too many Energy cards

• not enough draw supporter

• trainer cards are to thin ( you want 4 copies of your important cards, in order to ensure that you draw them on your first turns every time – remember that setting up on turn 1 and 2 consistently is the key to victory)

• too many random Pokemon (stick to a strategy and try to build your deck around 1-2 strong attackers and 1-2 supporting Pokemon)

Its difficult to judge how high the “competition” is in your local store, but I can safely say that in any tournament setting you'd get torn apart. Usually the best course of action in those scenarios is to visit the event, talk with the local player base and see if they can help you. Nowadays its fairly easy to get the cards you need online and a decent stock can also be obtained from theme decks (especially the uncommon trainer cards that build the core of any good deck.

I'd also advise you to browse a couple of threads here on the forum, simply because a lot of advise has already been given to beginners and it can be a bit tedious to repeat it every time. Just clicking through the first page here on the subforum will arguably give you plenty of resources and insight on how to build a deck.

Edited by Felidae_, 01 January 2019 - 11:17 AM.

The shadows of the abyss are like the petals of a monstrous flower that shall blossom within the skull and expand the mind beyond what any man can bear, but whether it decays under the earth or above on green fields, or out to sea or in the very air, all shall come to revelation, and to revel, in the knowledge of the strangling fruit - and the hand of the sinner shall rejoice, for there is no sin in shadow or in light that the seeds of the dead cannot forgive...

01 January 2019 - 01:01 PM

Gengstar_23

Rookie Trainer

• Gengstar_23
Hey thanks for the info I’ll def take heave to it and incorporate on rebuilding my deck. The reason I chose electric as my main type was because simply I had the most energy cards of it but I’m gonna do some research and edit my deck. I have a lot of good cards but not many energies for each type

Also, my main goal was to do the 20-20-20 ration of cards but I see that’s not the case at times

Edited by Gengstar_23, 01 January 2019 - 01:06 PM.

01 January 2019 - 02:05 PM

Felidae_

Elite Trainer

• Felidae_

To be honest 20-20-20 was never a viable option in this game.

The shadows of the abyss are like the petals of a monstrous flower that shall blossom within the skull and expand the mind beyond what any man can bear, but whether it decays under the earth or above on green fields, or out to sea or in the very air, all shall come to revelation, and to revel, in the knowledge of the strangling fruit - and the hand of the sinner shall rejoice, for there is no sin in shadow or in light that the seeds of the dead cannot forgive...

01 January 2019 - 06:10 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

To be honest 20-20-20 was never a viable option in this game.

It's interesting, isn't it.  Older theme decks have somewhat different ratios- about 28/14/18 compared to 23/16/21.  Both give very inaccurate ideas of how to build good decks. :P Still, I think the shift is interesting- they're now teaching the importance of draw support, which is good- but they made the energy situation even worse, and instead of reducing the number of evolution lines, just got rid of useless basics, which teaches that evolution pokemon are always better- something completely wrong.

I wish they made more and more prominent battle arena decks.  But it'd be nice if they could do it without identically reprinting old cards. ;) 

The truth waits for no one.  That which you refuse to see, TPCi, slips past you.  The chat function was never your problem, yet through your blindness, you have made it one.

02 January 2019 - 01:59 PM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

Since you're here in these forums, I'll say it: The online game can help playtest your deck. You'll need to do online trading to build it.

Some other things that I'm not thinking of because I've just woken up.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!