[CARD] Suicune-GX (Lost Thunder 60) - Suicune gx does not get the reduced 30 damage when he attacks

• Please log in to reply

31 December 2018 - 02:47 AM

PrincessKitty93

Rookie Trainer

• PrincessKitty93
Suicune gx has an attack called cure stream that says during the opponents next turn the defending Pokémon attacks do 30 less damage. Well I’ve played multiple games with this card and not once has that effect activated. Thought it was just me but it had been happening with a friend of mine also. I have lost a good number of game because the effect does not activate. Anybody else having this issue?

31 December 2018 - 03:49 AM

GR0

Senior Trainer

• GR0

Was it the same Pokemon you used Cure Stream against?

If not, it's not a bug: there's a difference between "takes less damage" (such as Kommo-o GX's Adamantine Press) and "defending Pokemon deals less damage". Whenever something specifically refers to the defending Pokemon, it specifically means the opponent's current Pokemon: switching out removes the effect (even if the affected Pokemon is immediately switched back in). So in Cure Stream's case, if the opponent switches (because it was KO'd or the opponent just switched it out), the effect ends.

31 December 2018 - 03:54 AM

PrincessKitty93

Rookie Trainer

• PrincessKitty93
For example I played against a metagross deck. I attacked him and did my damage. During his turn he attached a choice band and attacked for 180. No switching or guzma involved. If the effect activated I should have only took 150 damage. I’m I looking at this correctly or am I missing something

31 December 2018 - 08:07 AM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

For example I played against a metagross deck. I attacked him and did my damage. During his turn he attached a choice band and attacked for 180. No switching or guzma involved. If the effect activated I should have only took 150 damage. I’m I looking at this correctly or am I missing something

No switching with a metagross deck? Switching is what metagross GX decks do. They need to if they are going to keep attacking.

But I thought I'd seen posts about things like this before. It doesn't seem to be in the current known bugs list. OK, do I own this card...? One. Enough to test against a trainer, if I can find one with a pokemon that can take a hit... ok, testing...

It took a couple tries, and a lot of turns, but tested, and it worked correctly:

Spoiler

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

03 January 2019 - 11:38 PM

Mod_Elderberry

• Mod_Elderberry

Hello Trainer PrincessKitty93,

Thank you for your bug report about Suicune-GX's Cure Stream attack. I have forwarded this report to the proper channels to be reviewed and tested.

And thank you both, GR0 and SandaledOtter, for your very friendly help.

Moderator Elderberry
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!