[CARD] Xerneas prism star Lost Thunder 144 - does not do “Path of Life”

• Please log in to reply

30 December 2018 - 11:26 PM

OrigBitmancer

Junior Trainer

• OrigBitmancer
I just tried to do the Path Of Life property on my Xerneas prism star in Active position. It would not activate. It had two out of three Fairy Energy. I then goofed up the “save game” clipboard by hitting Ok too many times so I cannot show my moves.

Without a log, can you still take this bug report?
TCG Trainer from original release through Neo 4; then Diamond & Pearl block; now Sun & Moon.
League Leader for Horizon Games (Webster TX), then Skirmish Games (Deer Park TX); pending for Gerard’s Gaming (Webster TX). Semi-retired software engineer available for contract work....

30 December 2018 - 11:55 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Without a game log, or someone being able to replicate the bug, it's unlikely that they'll make this a Known Issue.

Too many variables can take place.

Maybe there was something on the field that blocks Abilities?

Did you actually MOVE this Xerneas into the Active spot DURING your turn?  ...From your Bench, into the Active, during your turn?  Just being in the Active position does not allow you to move Energies.  At least that's the way I read it.

Edited by RobRatt, 31 December 2018 - 12:06 AM.

31 December 2018 - 12:34 AM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

I just traded for one, built a deck, and tested it. It worked fine.

As RobRatt says, it needs to move to the active position during your turn. That means moving it after your turn starts, not after your previous pokemon is knocked out, which happens before your turn.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

31 December 2018 - 04:08 AM

Mod_Elderberry

• Mod_Elderberry

Hello Trainer OrigBitmancer,

I have updated the title of this thread and I have submitted your bug report to the proper channels for testing and review.

Thank you for your bug report.

Moderator Elderberry
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

01 January 2019 - 07:35 PM

OrigBitmancer

Junior Trainer

• OrigBitmancer
Thank you tremendously, Mod_Elderberry.

Thank you to SandaledOtter for the research. I understand the movement distinction you exemplify. I would counter that this is a difference that needs to be brought out. Words should be added that “and if you have moved [this card] to active during your turn” so as not to be confused with the other card/prior knockout scenario.

RobRatt, I see your triage. There was no secondary effect on Abilities on the playfield. I went back to read it, and if I have to reread it then it is not sufficiently spelled out. I have been playing CCGs since 1998, and I have a software engineering background. If my approach to the card does not expose its function/purpose correctly, I would argue that it needs an edit!
TCG Trainer from original release through Neo 4; then Diamond & Pearl block; now Sun & Moon.
League Leader for Horizon Games (Webster TX), then Skirmish Games (Deer Park TX); pending for Gerard’s Gaming (Webster TX). Semi-retired software engineer available for contract work....