[General] Login - is the server down?

• Please log in to reply

27 December 2018 - 05:49 PM

YopYops

Rookie Trainer

• YopYops

I wanted to check te server status as i have been trying to log into the game for the past 4 or so hours without success on both my ipad and my pc and i was playing all day yesterday without any issues, i have tried to reinstall the game on my mac but i needed to redownload the installer from your website and it is taking crazy long to do so and then it shuts down by automatically. 

I figured it must means the servers must be down as i reseted my router multiple times and my download speeds for other programs is working fast and propper as always, and when i download the game the day before yesterday it took only minutes to do it.

Hope someone can clarify this issue, thanks in advance.

Regards. 

27 December 2018 - 06:09 PM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

The game is working correctly for me, so I think the issue might be in your end. I don't know what it could be though, considering that your internet is working fine otherwise.

I have no idea if this is it, but maybe your firewall is getting in the way. The only other thing I can think of is that maybe you're mistyping your password (as in, maybe you're typing 1 character wrong, or you forgot that the password is case sensitive). I've honestly no idea, I'm just saying some random things that may or may not be the problem.

27 December 2018 - 06:53 PM

YopYops

Rookie Trainer

• YopYops
My passwords where always saved in the app so that’s not an issue, I can’t really figure out reasons why it would be working perfectly for the last few days in both platforms and now cannot manage to get into any.

27 December 2018 - 07:12 PM

Loof6

Veteran Trainer

• Loof6

I have the same problems right now.

27 December 2018 - 07:26 PM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

It's hard to say what it is when it affects multiple users but not the entirety of them. It's possible the problem is on the server's end after all, but my knowledge on these technical things is practically null, so I really have no idea of what's causing it.

27 December 2018 - 07:37 PM

GR0

Senior Trainer

• GR0

Same here. At "Loading data from server. Please wait." it stays for an unusually long time at 0%. It then finally goes to 62%, but from there on out it won't move any further, regardless of how long I keep the game running.

EDIT: figures. At exactly the same time I post this, it suddenly works. Well, maybe it'll work for you now as well.

Edited by GR0, 27 December 2018 - 07:39 PM.

27 December 2018 - 08:24 PM

YopYops

Rookie Trainer

• YopYops

Same here. At "Loading data from server. Please wait." it stays for an unusually long time at 0%. It then finally goes to 62%, but from there on out it won't move any further, regardless of how long I keep the game running.

EDIT: figures. At exactly the same time I post this, it suddenly works. Well, maybe it'll work for you now as well.

Happens exactly the same for me, i managed to log in once from my tablet but if i log off and try connecting again the problems come back up and still have no luck re downloading the instaer on my pc. At least i know now that is not just me.

27 December 2018 - 08:52 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

You guys don't have to download and reinstall the game whenever the server is acting wonky.  It happens from time to time.  If The Pokémon Company is doing major maintenance, or an update, it's usually obvious.

Mostly, this game is run on AWS (Amazon Web Services), with multiple servers interlinked.  If one device is on the fritz for a certain area (geographically), it may need to be repaired/replaced, but it's generally done in a reasonable time.  You may want to wait a short while, maybe watch a good movie in the meantime.  If you suspect it's a problem they don't know about, it's always a good idea to contact the Support Team, but patience is your best option most of the time.

Edited by RobRatt, 27 December 2018 - 09:00 PM.

27 December 2018 - 11:03 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

It's kind of ironic.  Right after I made the post above (^^), this entire Forum went "kablooey" for well over an hour.

I haven't had any issues logging into the game this afternoon/evening, but it looks like the gremlins are active today.

28 December 2018 - 05:38 AM

Mod_Lyam

• Mod_Lyam

Hi Trainers,

The game seems to be working properly. If you continue experiencing any kind of issues, please contact our support team. You can submit a ticket by clicking the link [to the support portal] in my signature, signing in on the top right side of the page, then selecting the relevant category and clicking Contact Us.

Thank you!

Moderator Lyam
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!