[CARD] Ultra Prism Cyrus 120/156 - Ultra Prism Cyrus confusion?

• Please log in to reply

18 December 2018 - 02:55 AM

mustlovedogs

Rookie Trainer

• mustlovedogs

Ultra Prism Cyrus 120/156 reads exactly as is: You can play this card only if your Active Pokemon is a water-type or steel-type Pokemon. Your opponent chooses 2 Benched Pokemon and shuffles the other and all cards attached to them, into their deck. 

Well, for the past few days when I play with my Solgaleo GX deck, even when my active Pokemon is Solgaleo or Alolan Vulpix I can't play this card, even though I haven't yet played a Supporter card. I noticed this always happens when my opponent only has 1 benched Pokemon. In order to play this card does my opponent have to have more than 1 benched Pokemon? I just got done playing a game where I was finally able to play this card because my opponent had 3 benched Pokemon. Well, they only chose one Pokemon to remove from their bench and into their deck. Shouldn't they have chosen 2 like the card states? Uh what? They had 2 Pokemon on their bench loaded with energy and an energyless Wimpod. Well guess which one got shuffled back into their deck. Yeah, the useless Wimpod. I was hecking bamboozled

18 December 2018 - 03:15 AM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

I think you understood the effect of this card backwards. Your opponent chooses which 2 benched Pokemon they get to KEEP, not shuffle back into the deck. That means that Cyrus has no effect if your opponent has 2 or less benched Pokemon, because they can keep all of their bench. If your opponent had, say, a full bench, they'd have to choose which 2 Pokemon to keep and shuffle the other 3 back into the deck. In your case, since your opponent had 3 benched Pokemon they get to keep 2 and must shuffle back 1.

18 December 2018 - 04:08 AM

mustlovedogs

Rookie Trainer

• mustlovedogs

I think you understood the effect of this card backwards. Your opponent chooses which 2 benched Pokemon they get to KEEP, not shuffle back into the deck. That means that Cyrus has no effect if your opponent has 2 or less benched Pokemon, because they can keep all of their bench. If your opponent had, say, a full bench, they'd have to choose which 2 Pokemon to keep and shuffle the other 3 back into the deck. In your case, since your opponent had 3 benched Pokemon they get to keep 2 and must shuffle back 1.

Omg oh! Wow I'm an idiot. Thank you 

18 December 2018 - 04:16 AM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

You're welcome :)

28 December 2018 - 07:43 PM

nautiscarader

Junior Trainer

• nautiscarader

Yes, you should add a "Are you sure you want to discard those?" box. it is very, very confusing in the middle of the battle. 

28 December 2018 - 08:05 PM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

Yes, you should add a "Are you sure you want to discard those?" box. it is very, very confusing in the middle of the battle. 

What are you talking about, there was no discarding involved with this thread xd And this issue was resolved a while back already, there's no need to necro the thread.