Bug with Scizor GX and weakness?

• Please log in to reply

06 December 2018 - 03:32 AM

Spotikus

Rookie Trainer

• Spotikus

So i just played a game, and I ran ho oh with reshiram and salazzle. A fire deck if you will. My opponent ran Scizor GX and things like dhelmise for boosted damage. He used metal frying pan. I know it reduces damage, but when i attacked with vermillion GX, the damage was reduced AND he did not take weakness damage. I dont know if i was missing anything, but i was taken by surprised and lost because of it. After i knocked one of his frying pans off with field blower, he seemed to gain weakness back. It also seemed to take a turn to lose the damage resistance from metal pan. I didnt get a good video, but i did get two screenshots of board state, one looking at his scizor gx and one at the board in general.

Am I missing something here? Am I not seeing something? Or his this a glitch/bug? Or cheating? Thanks for the fresh eyes.

also im having trouble posting the link for screenshots. how do i do?

Edited by Spotikus, 06 December 2018 - 03:39 AM.

06 December 2018 - 04:43 AM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612
This is just a guess, but I think your opponent may have had Altar of the Sunne in play, which removes the weakness of Fire and Metal type Pokemon.

I think that when you played field blower, besides removing the Metal Frying Pan you also removed the Stadium, which would have caused your opponent's Scizor-GX to be vulnerable to weakness damage again.

As for Scizor-GX keeping the damage reduction for 1 more turn, that was probably the damage reduction from its attack, Steel Wing. I don't think that it's the effect of the Frying Pan that lingered for 1 more turn.

If that's not what happened then I'm out of ideas.

EDIT: As a side note, you cannot post images (or even external links to images) in this forum. Their security policy is rather strict, but they do have their reasons. While a big part of us forum users are probably adults, the game still has children as its prime target audience and TPCi doesn't want to risk people posting... questionable images, lets say. So, they just blocked the option to post images altogether.

Edited by Sakura150612, 06 December 2018 - 05:21 AM.

06 December 2018 - 06:49 AM

Spotikus

Rookie Trainer

• Spotikus
My screenshots will show that no altar or the sunne was in play. Thats what was so confusing. His board was scizor gx, a steelworker dhelmise, a registeel, and a backup scyther/scizor gx on the bench. There was nothig wlse. A metal frying pan was attached to the active.

I wouldnt even been mad if there was just something i didnt know about, but i really cant see anything else that would cause this.

06 December 2018 - 07:24 AM

jamestone56577

Rookie Trainer

• jamestone56577

You take a hit with Scizor GX and then retaliate?

Looking for games with a little more style? see here: https://ucw18.com/vn/top-game-danh-bai-doi-thuong-uy-tin-an-tien-cao

06 December 2018 - 01:10 PM

Chasista

Elite Trainer

• Chasista

Ok let's read the cards:

(FLi 112/144) Metal frying pan - The Metal Pokémon this card is attached to takes 30 less damage from your opponent's attacks (after applying Weakness and Resistance) and has no Weakness.

Solved.

About the hit after the Frying pan removed, if you were hit before by Steel wing (1st Scizor GX attack), opponent gets 30 damage reduced next turn (after weakness/resistance applied).

Steel Wing
Damage eighty

During your opponent's next turn, this Pokémon takes 30 less damage from attacks (after applying Weakness and Resistance).

This 30 can look same as the 30 from Frying pan, hence this looks like "he still last 1 turn to loose the Frying pan reduction".

All clear, no bugs.

About screenshots, it's not allowed by pokémon to link to external sites so, it's no way to attach it or showing, unless you can describe where it is and we can search for it (like, it's in the well known platform Broadcast yourself in the channel named yara yara...). And not sure if this is allwed tho.

Edited by Chasista, 06 December 2018 - 01:13 PM.

WE WANT LEGACY TOURNAMENTS BACK !!! If you also want it, show your support http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/55966-feedback-making-it-easier-to-get-the-cards-you-want/

5th day reward packs list http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/56679-5th-day-log-in-pack-is-random-got-a-gur-dd/?p=593037

Foro en español, también existe: http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/2-español/

IGN Chasista

06 December 2018 - 03:23 PM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612
I guess even I can't read correctly at times xd

07 December 2018 - 06:47 AM

Mod_Alder

• Mod_Alder

Hello there, I'm glad to see everyone trying to help diagnose a problem.

Moderator Alder
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!