I am done trying

• Please log in to reply

06 December 2018 - 11:01 PM

B03

Trainer

• B03

I think it would be easier to see a deck list and see how you built your deck then you can get suggestions on how to improve.

This is my best deck I believe.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 6

* 1 Buzzwole FLI 77
* 1 Buzzwole-GX PR-SM SM69
* 1 Diancie {*} FLI 74
* 1 Marshadow-GX BUS 80
* 1 Regirock CES 80
* 1 Regirock-EX FCO 43

##Trainer Cards - 40

* 1 Lusamine CIN 96
* 2 Acerola BUS 142
* 2 Tate & Liza CES 166
* 2 Brooklet Hill GRI 120
* 3 Crushing Hammer EPO 92
* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Lysandre FLF 90
* 2 Pal Pad UPR 132
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 1 Town Map BKT 150
* 1 Energy Recycler GRI 123
* 1 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 1 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 1 Enhanced Hammer GRI 124
* 1 Lillie SLG 62
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Ether PLS 121
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 14

* 1 Beast Energy {*} FLI 117
* 1 Strong Energy FCO 115
* 12 Fighting Energy  6

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

06 December 2018 - 11:54 PM

samuraison

Veteran Trainer

• samuraison
Do you always play so few pokemon? Six pokemon is WAY too few besides speciality decks like Guzzlord-GX. You usually want 10-15 pokemon with your main attacker having around 3 or 4 copies.

I imagine you just run out of pokemon before your opponent takes all their prizes. Also, I imagine your opponent gets to draw multiple cards since you dont start with a pokemon often.

The easy fix since you're playing expanded is to take out 1 crush hammer, the 2 ethers, and 1 fight energy and add more copies of buzzwole. I know they are expensive but Buzzwole GX and baby Buzz with a Beast Ring can win games on its own. The deck isn't bad though.

TL;DR - Add more pokemon!!

samuraison AKA Son Samurai

Team Skull Moderator

Alola Region Office

"I'll take you on in Pokémon, yo! Been playing this game since '98, bro!"

07 December 2018 - 12:02 AM

B03

Trainer

• B03

Do you always play so few pokemon? Six pokemon is WAY too few besides speciality decks like Guzzlord-GX. You usually want 10-15 pokemon with your main attacker having around 3 or 4 copies.

I imagine you just run out of pokemon before your opponent takes all their prizes. Also, I imagine your opponent gets to draw multiple cards since you dont start with a pokemon often.

The easy fix since you're playing expanded is to take out 1 crush hammer, the 2 ethers, and 1 fight energy and add more copies of buzzwole. I know they are expensive but Buzzwole GX and baby Buzz with a Beast Ring can win games on its own. The deck isn't bad though.

TL;DR - Add more pokemon!!

Main reason I have so little pokemon is because those are the only buzzwole I got. I try to play around 12-15 pokemon with like 6-8 basics. I am just so unlucky that if I have any evolution pokemon I will tend to get only the first/second stage or some way that I have issues evolving them.

07 December 2018 - 12:12 AM

Felidae_

Elite Trainer

• Felidae_
  • only 6 Pokemon

• not a single copy of the best fighting supporter in Expanded (Korrina)

• only 1 Max Elixir but 2 Ether

• Crushing Hammer in a deck that doesn't really benefit from the tempo gain

• Crushing Hammer over Enhanced Hammer (excluding the lone copy) in a format where Special Energy are everywhere

Those would be the first things I noticed when looking at your deck. That being said, it looks a lot better than I imagined. You should definitely try to get yourself a set of Korrina and Max Potion (both are fairly cheap). 1 Lusamie and 2 Pal Pad are definitely overkill.

A couple of Float Stones are always a good idea. Nest Ball is pretty neat to get your Pokemon onto the bench. Speaking of Pokemon, you want more copies of your main attacker. 2-3 Buzzwole GX (you can also run Landorus EX as a cheap replacement), 1-2 Baby Buzzwole, 1 Diancie, 2-3 Regirock EX and maybe a 2-2 Octillery line if you can find the space (or 1 Mew EX if you want to be cheeky and want a surprise check against opposing Psychic Pokemon).

Overall you should always remember what you want to accomplish with this deck. Buzzwole can hit for quite a lot from the first turn onwards, but the deck can sometimes struggle to close the game. Your focus should therefore be to set up on the first turn with ease. I like Korrina for that, as the card can find you your desired attacker, or a supporting Pokemon, as well as the means to get the party started.

Overall this is what I'd play ( or at least a rough draft, as you'll naturally fine tune the list after testing it):

##Pokémon - 9

* 2 Buzzwole FLI 77
* 2 Buzzwole-GX PR-SM SM69
* 1 Diancie {*} FLI 74
* 1 Landorus FFI 58
* 1 Landorus-EX BCR 89
* 1 Regirock-EX FCO 43
* 1 Mew-EX PR-XY XY126

##Trainer Cards - 38

* 1 N FCO 105
* 2 Nest Ball SUM 158
* 2 Fighting Stadium FFI 90
* 1 Karen PR-XY XY177a
* 1 Professor's Letter XY 123
* 1 Beast Ring FLI 102
* 3 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 3 Cynthia UPR 119
* 3 Float Stone PLF 99
* 4 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 1 Special Charge STS 105
* 1 Enhanced Hammer GRI 124
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 3 Choice Band BUS 162
* 4 Korrina FFI 111
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 4 VS Seeker ROS 110

##Energy - 13

* 1 Beast Energy {*} FLI 117
* 4 Strong Energy FFI 104
* 8 Fighting Energy Energy 6

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

I'm a big fan of tool box decks and Korrina enables me to play a lot of 1-offs that can be searched in the blink of an eye. The rest is just your standard Buzzwole stuff with a little personal flavour added on top.

The shadows of the abyss are like the petals of a monstrous flower that shall blossom within the skull and expand the mind beyond what any man can bear, but whether it decays under the earth or above on green fields, or out to sea or in the very air, all shall come to revelation, and to revel, in the knowledge of the strangling fruit - and the hand of the sinner shall rejoice, for there is no sin in shadow or in light that the seeds of the dead cannot forgive...

07 December 2018 - 12:16 AM

B03

Trainer

• B03

What do I have to trade to get those cards?

07 December 2018 - 12:20 AM

Chasista

Elite Trainer

• Chasista

ok then. What do I need to trade to get the best cards/what are the best cards?

Really?

You said you checked for the best decks of tournaments and you missing pieces. And now you ask what are good cards? The ones contained on the Tournaments decks are good cards!

My last comment says what you need for trade are packs. And now you asking what you need for trading?

Did you care about reading any of the hundreds of messages we all left in your threads about how to make a good deck, tips, construction and more?

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/65055-any-anti-meta-decks/ (2 pages)

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/68091-how-do-you-make-a-consistent-deck/(2 pages)

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/66254-help-improving-expanded-decks/(2 pages, and others too but I reviewed myself thoroughly almost every of the decks you posted)

You have long messages from a lot of very good players and nice people like Felidae, Sakura, Phyrrous, TheStalk and more. General, detailed, personalized, format focused, analysed step by step, card by card, recommendation after recommendation.

You started those threads and others September 2nd onwards. Time enough to get at least some basic points. And you keep asking silly questions? Did you care about reading anything? It doesn't look like.

And this being your best deck, after 2 months of playing, corroborates every word I'm saying..

Of course you re-shuffle. With 6 pokémon you have high chances. Add 4 N. If you go 1st, once your opponent have drawn 4 extra cards, leave it at 6 again. If you go second... ADD MORE POKÉMON.

Buzz mini it's 1 pack, and no need to be LoT. Sometimes you can get a couple of RA for a valued 1 pack.

Ether is a bad card, unless you would be using something like Magcargo, which is free in the game with Blazing Volcano deck. Use it.

Don't think a Strong energy can be important? 4 would be great. "Oh I only have one". GET MORE.

Is this expanded? Add an Ace Spec. There are some cheap ones.

Is this a fighting deck? What about Korrina?

Are they Ultra beasts? What about Ultra space, Beast ring, Beast ball?

Your attacker is a non GX/EX? Counter energy.

You don't know the cards, but we say you the cards and you just keep telling you don't have it.

That's how the game works, I said in my message in previous page. No excuses anymore. If you loose is because you want to loose.

WE WANT LEGACY TOURNAMENTS BACK !!! If you also want it, show your support http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/55966-feedback-making-it-easier-to-get-the-cards-you-want/

5th day reward packs list http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/56679-5th-day-log-in-pack-is-random-got-a-gur-dd/?p=593037

Foro en español, también existe: http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/2-español/

IGN Chasista

07 December 2018 - 12:32 AM

B03

Trainer

• B03
Buzz mini it's 1 pack, and no need to be LoT. Sometimes you can get a couple of RA for a valued 1 pack.

This was literally the info I wanted. I just want to make sure I am going to be looking for deals that wont rip me off.  I also do not need your vague info. Saying "get more" and "just trade" does not give me the proper info to make the informed choices. I have no idea how many packs each card costs and saying "Cheap" or "expensive" mean nothing to me. 

07 December 2018 - 12:46 AM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

You have to admit we've been extremely patient with you... Chasista is absolutely right, it's been a couple of months already and you've received a ton of advice and help, but I think that you hardly appreciate it. Then there's this:

I also do not need your vague info. 

This is completely uncalled for. Chasista is a very nice member of our community too and was trying to help you as well. And this is how you answer him, just because he told you the facts as they are. He deserved a better response than that one.

I never give up on new players as long as they are trying to improve, but it seems like you're gonna be the first one. I am done trying to help you, to borrow your own words. Good luck, and hope that the rest of our community is more patient than I am.

Also, pardon the ADHD moment, but:

Of course you re-shuffle. With 6 pokémon you have high chances.

45.8% chance to mulligan to be exact xd Math compels me to include that statistic.

Edited by Sakura150612, 07 December 2018 - 12:47 AM.

07 December 2018 - 01:07 AM

B03

Trainer

• B03

This is what I am seeing.

Them:your deck sucks, copy the top decks.

Me:I do not have those cards

Them:just trade for them idiot.

Me:how much are these cards

Them:you idiot you said you looked up the tops decks so you should know

Me:ok? not sure how that helps since they only give the price in USD

Them:you are a worthless cause, you just want to lose, why dont you know the info I know?

It is one thing to tell me what cards to get, it is another to tell me the price/packs needed to get it without getting ripped off and how to set up the deck with those cards. I can not just add 4 of every single card people told me to add since there is only a 60 card limit. I say you give my vague answers because it seems to me that you are giving me these answers under the assumption that I have the same knowledge as you, which I do not.

07 December 2018 - 03:22 AM

B03

Trainer

• B03
I never give up on new players as long as they are trying to improve, but it seems like you're gonna be the first one. I am done trying to help you, to borrow your own words. Good luck, and hope that the rest of our community is more patient than I am.

You should of seen that state of my collection earlier. I had none of the staple supporters and barely any of the decent/good cards. At least now I got those and finally started using cards that discard others from my hand/deck.

07 December 2018 - 04:54 AM

Zyragoon

Novice Trainer

• Zyragoon
I just barely started about a month ago and I already have a sivally and suicune water toolbox deck built, and the reason why is because I used the advice that a friend of mine gave me. These people may not be your friends but they do want to help you get better at the game.

Whenever i see a Zoraork GX i always receive a riotous beating, and so do the people who read my signature

;) 

07 December 2018 - 06:14 AM

B03

Trainer

• B03

Just tried to make a deck with some sort of way to get the cards I need. Not sure how it will play out tho.

##Pokémon - 16

* 2 Fletchling GRI 109
* 1 Fletchinder GRI 110
* 2 Entei LOT 47
* 2 Slugma CES 23
* 2 Magcargo CES 24
* 2 Talonflame ROS 15
* 1 Talonflame BREAK STS 21
* 2 Alolan Sandshrew GRI 19
* 2 Alolan Sandslash GRI 20

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 2 Max Potion GRI 128
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Energy Recycler GRI 123
* 1 Lillie SLG 62
* 3 Lysandre AOR 78
* 2 Pal Pad UPR 132
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 2 Rare Candy CES 142
* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Tate & Liza CES 148
* 1 Town Map BKT 150
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 2 Blacksmith FLF 88

##Energy - 10

* 2 Burning Energy BKT 151
* 8 Fire Energy  2

Total Cards - 60

07 December 2018 - 01:57 PM

Zyragoon

Novice Trainer

• Zyragoon
That's actually not a bad deck. Good job

Whenever i see a Zoraork GX i always receive a riotous beating, and so do the people who read my signature

;) 

07 December 2018 - 11:28 PM

B03

Trainer

• B03

The first couple games the deck worked wonders but now I am having an issue setting up. Any tips?

09 December 2018 - 07:02 AM

B03

Trainer

• B03

never mind the deck is terrible as always

09 December 2018 - 07:54 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

The first couple games the deck worked wonders but now I am having an issue setting up. Any tips?

That's probably partially because of the game's matchup system.  You win a couple games, so your 'ranking' moves up (we don't know what the exact system is, so it may not use ranking), and you play against stronger opponents.  So it's not just luck that slows it down later on, but the fact that you're doing better. :)

One piece of the puzzle you do seem to be missing, though, is how to handle evolutions.  Right now you have a lot of them, and many are just not very good attackers.  It's not just that they won't be doing much damage- it's this: every card in the deck that doesn't help you get card you need, gets in the way of cards you need.  It's a "dead draw," when instead you might have gotten a supporter, or an ultra ball, or a pokemon that's useful in the situation at hand.  So instead of having a lot of them, it's usually better to have just one or two, with more copies of each evo stage- plus a good number of non-evolving basics.

And don't beat up on yourself so much.  Deckbuilding is hard.  It takes some time to figure out strategy- but you're moving the right direction. 

Edited by SuperStone, 09 December 2018 - 07:54 PM.

The truth waits for no one.  That which you refuse to see, TPCi, slips past you.  The chat function was never your problem, yet through your blindness, you have made it one.

09 December 2018 - 09:58 PM

B03

Trainer

• B03

So should I get rid of magcargo and alolan sandslash?