New player, need advice

• Please log in to reply

03 December 2018 - 04:43 PM

afr0dec00

Novice Trainer

• afr0dec00

Can someone explain me what's the use of Marshadow GX in this deck and how I put him to work if I don't  have proper energy card for him. Sorry for noob question.

Second question: Is there any way to improve this deck list for standard ?

Pokemon - 18
4 Inkay FLI 50
4 Malamar FLI 51
2 Necrozma-GX BUS 63
1 Dawn Wings Necrozma-GX UPR 63
1 Marshadow-GX BUS 80
1 Giratina LOT 97
1 Deoxys CES 67
1 Mimikyu GRI 58
1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
1 Marshadow SLG 45
1 Chimecho CIN 43

Trainer - 32
4 Lillie SUM 122
3 Cynthia UPR 119
3 Guzma BUS 115
4 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113
4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
4 Acro Bike PRC 122
2 Nest Ball SUM 123
2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
1 Escape Rope BUS 114
4 Escape Board UPR 122
1 Altar of the Moone GRI 117

Energy - 10
10 Psychic Energy 5

03 December 2018 - 06:39 PM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

Hey, don't worry about it. You do have the right energies, because you're not supposed to use Marshadow-GX's own attacks, you're just supposed to use its ability to copy the attacks of the Basic Pokemon in your discard pile. It's basically a backup attacker, and it gives you additional type advantage coverage (as in, if you face a deck with fighting type weakness, you use Marshadow-GX to attack instead of your psychic type Pokemon).

03 December 2018 - 07:03 PM

Felidae_

Elite Trainer

• Felidae_

Your deck is already better than every other beginner deck I've seen in years and probably better than a lot of the advanced player decks posted on the forums as well.

The shadows of the abyss are like the petals of a monstrous flower that shall blossom within the skull and expand the mind beyond what any man can bear, but whether it decays under the earth or above on green fields, or out to sea or in the very air, all shall come to revelation, and to revel, in the knowledge of the strangling fruit - and the hand of the sinner shall rejoice, for there is no sin in shadow or in light that the seeds of the dead cannot forgive...

03 December 2018 - 10:40 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Your deck is already better than every other beginner deck I've seen in years and probably better than a lot of the advanced player decks posted on the forums as well.

Psychic Malamar (with Tools) isn't exactly top secret, even for new players. ;)

Would that deck be "one of the best in years" if the question had been framed differently?

"I copied this deck list from the internet (almost identical to 5th place at Roanoke Regionals).  But I don't understand how to pilot it properly.  Could someone explain how to use Marshadow-GX, or make this list better."

Net-decking is understandable.  I think we all do it, to a degree.  Still, praising someone for it is kind of funny.  :)

Edited by RobRatt, 03 December 2018 - 11:20 PM.

03 December 2018 - 11:15 PM

Felidae_

Elite Trainer

• Felidae_

Psychic Malamar (with Tools) isn't exactly top secret, even for new players. ;)

Would that deck be "one of the best in years" if the question had been framed differently?

"I copied this deck list from the internet (almost identical to 5th place at Roanoke Regionals).  But I don't understand how to pilot it properly.  Could someone explain how to use Marshadow-GX, or make this list better."

Net-decking is cool.  I think we all do it.  Still, praising someone for it is funny.  :)

I have to admit I didn't read a single word and only took a quick glance on the deck list :S.

You are obviously right and in hindsight my praise was probably a little rushed. However, I'd still argue that I prefer anyone who at least knows how to use google and find a decent list over a user whose deck looks like a a jigsaw puzzle consisting of pieces from 10 different puzzles all while being completed by a blind man with his hands tied behind his back.

The shadows of the abyss are like the petals of a monstrous flower that shall blossom within the skull and expand the mind beyond what any man can bear, but whether it decays under the earth or above on green fields, or out to sea or in the very air, all shall come to revelation, and to revel, in the knowledge of the strangling fruit - and the hand of the sinner shall rejoice, for there is no sin in shadow or in light that the seeds of the dead cannot forgive...

03 December 2018 - 11:18 PM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

I have to admit I didn't read a single word and only took a quick glance on the deck list :S.

You are obviously right and in hindsight my praise was probably a little rushed. However, I'd still argue that I prefer anyone who at least knows how to use google and find a decent list over a user whose deck looks like a a jigsaw puzzle consisting of pieces from 10 different puzzles all while being completed by a blind man with his hands tied behind his back.

I was going to say something to that effect, but it looks like I got Greninja'd xd

04 December 2018 - 11:19 AM

afr0dec00

Novice Trainer

• afr0dec00

Ok than, lets try this again. :)

Pokemon - 18
4 Inkay FLI 50
4 Malamar FLI 51
2 Necrozma-GX BUS 63
1 Dawn Wings Necrozma-GX UPR 63
1 Marshadow-GX BUS 80
1 Giratina LOT 97
1 Deoxys CES 67
1 Mimikyu GRI 58
1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
1 Marshadow SLG 45
1 Chimecho CIN 43

Trainer - 32
4 Lillie SUM 122
3 Cynthia UPR 119
3 Guzma BUS 115
4 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113
4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
4 Acro Bike PRC 122
2 Nest Ball SUM 123
2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
1 Escape Rope BUS 114
4 Escape Board UPR 122
1 Altar of the Moone GRI 117

Energy - 10
10 Psychic Energy 5

I copied this deck list from the internet (almost identical to 5th place at Roanoke Regionals). But I don't understand how to pilot it properly. I'm new player and I would  be very thankful if someone more experienced explains me in short what is my game plan with this deck.

05 December 2018 - 02:38 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

Hey, It's not my fault I like rogue. :angry:

I copied this deck list from the internet (almost identical to 5th place at Roanoke Regionals). But I don't understand how to pilot it properly. I'm new player and I would  be very thankful if someone more experienced explains me in short what is my game plan with this deck.

I haven't played it personally, but I think I can say how it works well enough. :) You want to use mysterious treasure, nest ball, and Ultra Ball to get was many Inkay out turn one as possible, and probably a Dawn Wings or normal Necrozma-GX.  Try to discard Giratina with one of those items- if you decide later you want to attack with it, you can always use the ability. ;) Also try to discard at least a couple of energy, though not too many- you'll be using Malamar's ability to attach energy whence you evolve them, but you still want to be able to the the on-from-hand-a-turn attachment.  Acro bike also helps with this discard, as well as finding pokemon.  If early on you need to get more pokemon out but your hand is low, you can use Marshadow small's ability.  You can also use it later, but it's really best T1.  From there, take a look at your oppenent's deck- which attacker is best?  Should you use non-GXs?  Will a fighting type hit for weakness?  ...Do you need to stall with Chimecho?  Did your opponent use a big attack last turn- that mimikyu can copy?  Is it a good turn for Dawn Wings's GX attack (a turn they're unlikely to have Guzma)?

The stadium, being a one-of, should be saved until it is necessary or to replace a prism-star stadium.  The tools, escape board, also help with retreating.  Ideally, they get used on one-retreat-cost pokemon, but they make it easier for anyone who's stuck active.

That's the basics. :)

Edited by SuperStone, 05 December 2018 - 02:39 AM.

The truth waits for no one.  That which you refuse to see, TPCi, slips past you.  The chat function was never your problem, yet through your blindness, you have made it one.