Coin Flips

• Please log in to reply

01 December 2018 - 01:12 PM

KongBoyz

Rookie Trainer

• KongBoyz

This game is so rigged. I used an Alolan Exeggutor and I flip a coin 4 times! Guess what? every single one of them was tails! This is such a rigged game

01 December 2018 - 02:04 PM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

You're trolling right? You have to be. Please tell me that you're trolling. But if you aren't...
http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/50987-rng-experiment-attack-coinflips/

I can't tell if I'm happy or sad that I've had to cite this twice in less than a week. Geez...

Edited by Sakura150612, 01 December 2018 - 02:05 PM.

01 December 2018 - 05:09 PM

Dave230

Novice Trainer

• Dave230
Not necessarily, but I tend to notice my opponent gets the flip they need more than I do and it's very frustrating significantly too. But rigged? I win just like I lose its a part of the game .

Edited by Dave230, 01 December 2018 - 05:11 PM.

01 December 2018 - 05:44 PM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

Not necessarily, but I tend to notice my opponent gets the flip they need more than I do and it's very frustrating significantly too. But rigged? I win just like I lose its a part of the game .

Yeah, this is where the "rigged" argument breaks down, even before you actually look at enough coin flips to matter.

The game has no reason to care who wins or loses it. It is in the best interest of the company that people enjoy the game, so it is best that the hidden skill level value be as accurate as possible to make matching players of similar skill easier.

That means they want the people who should win to win in any given match. That is best done by NOT favoring one player over the other, as doing so would throw off the player ratings.

Hmm... I can't remember if I've completed this, or if there was more I wanted to say. I need lunch.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

01 December 2018 - 06:12 PM

Dave230

Novice Trainer

• Dave230
Yes confusion for example 5 times before I hit a heads. Several times it was hard to get a pokemon center of something like guzma or switch it can get nuts. That's the one I see most often.

Edited by Dave230, 01 December 2018 - 06:17 PM.

01 December 2018 - 10:17 PM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

Yes confusion for example 5 times before I hit a heads. Several times it was hard to get a pokemon center of something like guzma or switch it can get nuts. That's the one I see most often.

No dude, just no. The RNG is fair and end of the story. Anyone who claims otherwise is deluded unless they can provide SOLID proof, backed up by a significant amount of data and a proper statistical analysys.

02 December 2018 - 12:23 AM

Dave230

Novice Trainer

• Dave230
I'm simply stating my experience with it. That's my only head scratching annoyance I can think of. The first coin flip I consider pretty fair so is some of the card that requires it.

02 December 2018 - 12:52 AM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

I'm simply stating my experience with it. That's my only head scratching annoyance I can think of. The first coin flip I consider pretty fair so is some of the card that requires it.

If you really think that the RNG malfunctions based on exclusively on "your experience" then you're delusional. You can't possibly think that random bits and pieces of unregistered data that are obviously influenced by confirmation bias can be considered representative of the true distribution of the results.

To take your previous example, flipping 5 tails in a row a single time doesn't mean jack squat. Even if you flip 0 heads, the true average will be±3 heads for a confidence interval of 95%, which is correct because the true average is 2.5 heads, which lies within the margin of error. The same applies to the example posted by OP, which has an even wider margin of error due to being a sequence of only 4 coin flips.

Edited by Sakura150612, 02 December 2018 - 12:58 AM.

02 December 2018 - 02:02 AM

Dave230

Novice Trainer

• Dave230
Delusional hmm I know what I'm seeing sakura. Not crazy or seeing something that's not there at all.

02 December 2018 - 02:10 AM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

Delusional hmm I know what I'm seeing sakura. Not crazy or seeing something that's not there at all.

Well, then don't tell me you see weird patterns with the RNG where there aren't any ;-;

02 December 2018 - 02:17 AM

Dave230

Novice Trainer

• Dave230
I'm not saying there is wierd patterns in the system I'm just stating that the flips can be quite annoying and the frustration that i have. 5 times can be frustrating when it happens. Where did mention anything about weird patterns? Further I've defended it by saying there is fairness not what what the original post said as being rigged.But I will concede that if my ability to play is hampered by a coin flip. Then the coin flip is not the problem.

02 December 2018 - 02:36 AM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

I'm not saying there is wierd patterns in the system I'm just stating that the flips can be quite annoying and the frustration that i have. 5 times can be frustrating when it happens. Where did mention anything about weird patterns? Further I've defended it by saying there is fairness not what what the original post said as being rigged.But I will concede that if my ability to play is hampered by a coin flip. Then the coin flip is not the problem.

Well, dang. My apologies. It seems I just completely misunderstood you and just kind of lumped you into the same category as the original poster.

I take back what I said about you being delusional, I hope you can forgive this misunderstanding. 

EDIT: I do think that KongBoyz is delusional though xd My apology extends only to you.

Edited by Sakura150612, 02 December 2018 - 02:53 AM.

02 December 2018 - 03:07 AM

Dave230

Novice Trainer

• Dave230
Its okay I should have been more clear in my argument.

02 December 2018 - 03:15 AM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

Its okay I should have been more clear in my argument.

Don't worry about it, misunderstandings happen all the time. If we can clear them afterwards it's all good :)