Regarding prizes.

• Please log in to reply

21 November 2018 - 07:33 PM

Dave230

Novice Trainer

• Dave230
Have you all considered perhaps fixing the prizes offered in versus mode, especially the ladder where it ends with 5 tokens. It's kind of disappointing to end the ladder that way. Also the carda seem to be in a rotation I found jolteon being offered again. Would you mind changing it up?

21 November 2018 - 07:52 PM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

Not like this is anything new, but you really can't please everyone it seems. I remember back in the days of the Prize Wheel where whatever you got (and that´s IF you managed to get it) was RNG and people complained non-stop about the rewards even though they were been given free stuff. Then people complained about "genting" and the length of the ladder (although I actually agreed with those), and now that "genting" is gone, they've added the winstreak bonuses to make clearing a 2000 point ladder reasonable, AND effectively removing most of the RNG from your Daily Rewards from VS (mystery boxes are still RNG, but now you don't have a chance to hit a "used" box like it used to be), people STILL find new ways to complain about it.

What do you mean by fixing the rewards, anyways? 11 daily wins seems like a perfectly reasonable amount. You don't have to worry about wining 30 times and still claiming only 5 boxes anymore. You have no reason to grind for hours on end each day, playing a healthy amount each day should be enough to earn plenty of freebies.

I don't get what you're talking about the rotation. If you're talking about this Ladder being Expanded cards, there are a lot of people who are fine with it or even prefer it when Standard/Expanded Ladders alternate. Personally, I'm really glad I can go get a FA Juniper and open some good old Freeze packs.

It's not like constructive criticism isn't appreciated, but your post doesn't really say anything. To me it just looks like you're complaining that you aren't receiving enough free stuff, even though there was no obligation to give us free stuff in the first place.

Also, wrong section. This sort of post should go on the Feedback section.

21 November 2018 - 09:00 PM

Dave230

Novice Trainer

• Dave230
Not complaining just a critique that much it's just I find the ladder to be off. I'm getting free stuff okay.. not going to deny it. I know its probably not a good idea to start giving rayquazas all the time. Not sure what the other debates where about but I'm not digging the repetition. I mean if you reach the top of the daily prize wheel there should be something better. As for the main 20 day prizes. It's just that I see alot of burning shadows and belows prizes. The game has advanced a little more since then. Wouldn’t mind something lIke a prism card or something someday. Im happy to see celestial storms I do recognize that. Probably alone but thus is just a suggestion.

21 November 2018 - 09:07 PM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

That's fine, but I really can't see a reason as to why more than 11 daily wins would be needed. Like I said, that's already plenty of rewards for the average player who doesn't get to play 20+ games each day. The prizes that have been in the ladder are good, too. People play more than just Standard, so Expanded rewards are desired by several players as well, even if there is no unanimous agreement on whether having Expanded VS rewards is better or not.

I'm kind of surprised that your idea of better rewards is Prism Star cards though. For the most part those cost around 1 pack and are very accessible, so that'd be a downgrade compared to what we're currently earning. I would rather earn a GX/EX than a Prism Star card, personally.

21 November 2018 - 09:16 PM

Dave230

Novice Trainer

• Dave230
I don't know about you but more times than not I've gotten gx and ex more than prisms from packs. Though your probably right about odds. True prisms maybe a downgrade altogether.

21 November 2018 - 09:25 PM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

I don't know about you but more times than not I've gotten gx and ex more than prisms from packs. Though your probably right about odds. True prisms maybe a downgrade altogether.

It's more about their cost than how frequently they appear in packs. It's probably because they're limited to 1 of each per deck, but they're not that expensive.

In fact, just to prove a point (well, and because I like helping), I'll give you a Prism Star card of your choosing for free. You name which one, I'll give it to you. (and I really hope I didn't forget a card that's worth 1000 packs because I intend to follow through with this xd).

21 November 2018 - 09:31 PM

Dave230

Novice Trainer

• Dave230
Though how things are I'd probably reach 1000 packs online to get certain cards online celestial storm is very stingy so Is lost thunder sometimes.

Edited by Dave230, 21 November 2018 - 09:33 PM.

21 November 2018 - 09:37 PM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

I'm serious though. Is there any Prism Star you need right now?

21 November 2018 - 09:44 PM

Dave230

Novice Trainer

• Dave230
Victini I hear it may work for reshiram. I know its a pretty simple card to obtain, bit free carde I suppose.

Edited by Dave230, 21 November 2018 - 09:51 PM.

21 November 2018 - 10:08 PM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

Consider it done. When I get one I'll send it to you. Add me in-game.

21 November 2018 - 10:20 PM

Dave230

Novice Trainer

• Dave230
Palkia ex decidueye gx and alolan ninetales gx.

21 November 2018 - 10:25 PM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

Palkia ex decidueye gx and alolan ninetales gx.

I don't understand. What do you mean by this?

22 November 2018 - 01:35 AM

Dave230

Novice Trainer

• Dave230
I think a one of the more recent full arts trainers would be cool too. Don’t think we'll see a Cynthia full art . That's a long shot. Maybe a reporter or copycat card. Just an idea. Yeah I know about hau.

Edited by Dave230, 22 November 2018 - 01:57 AM.

22 November 2018 - 06:43 AM

xRurita

Novice Trainer

• xRurita

I don't understand. What do you mean by this?

He's asking you to gift him all those cards, plus the one you offered first, and more.

Now, on topic. I recently started playing and yeah, not everyone will play and win more than 11 games in a day, normally I don't play that much, but sometimes I want to play a lot. Of course it's free stuff and all that (I don't know how it was before because I didn't play), but 5 tokens is a bit... underwhelming. I mean, I don't want 100 tokens, or 50, after 11 wins, but 5 tokens seem too little, almost not worth playing anymore for the day. Don't get me wrong, if I want to play, I'll keep playing even for those 5 tokens, I would play even if they didn't give any, but still, they could add a bit more.

22 November 2018 - 09:53 AM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

He's asking you to gift him all those cards, plus the one you offered first, and more.

Now, on topic. I recently started playing and yeah, not everyone will play and win more than 11 games in a day, normally I don't play that much, but sometimes I want to play a lot. Of course it's free stuff and all that (I don't know how it was before because I didn't play), but 5 tokens is a bit... underwhelming. I mean, I don't want 100 tokens, or 50, after 11 wins, but 5 tokens seem too little, almost not worth playing anymore for the day. Don't get me wrong, if I want to play, I'll keep playing even for those 5 tokens, I would play even if they didn't give any, but still, they could add a bit more.

That's what I thought he meant, but I didn't want to come to that conclusion. I do give out cards from time to time, but that's not an open invitation for people to ask for more and more. I just do this when I can.

I see what you mean with 5 tokens being too little, but I think there must be a reason for it after all. Given the history of VS rewards, they are probably trying to make the experience of the average player rewarding while still dissuading people from excessively grinding. To some the idea of stopping people from playing your own game sounds stupid, but it does make sense. In the past we've seen exploitative behaviour on the Ladder with the intent to grind as many wins as possible. Back then daily win rewards wasn't the incentive; it was just to grind 2000 points quickly. This happened because earning VS points used to be much slower, so several people participated in "genting"; esentially win trading and never actually playing the game.

Now the race for 2000 points is reasonable and people stopped genting altogether. But, and this is entirely my own speculation, if the rewards for grinding beyond 11 games were too good then people might return to things like genting or something similar. Right now the VS rewards from daily wins find a good balance between your time spent and rewards earned up to a limit of 11 wins. My guess is that beyond that limit, the game intends for you to call it a day.

Idk, these are all my own ideas about why things are like the are. I honestly don't think rewards beyong 11 wins need to be improved. I wouldn't be opposed to a slight increase to the 5 tokens, but I don't think it's necessary.

22 November 2018 - 04:54 PM

Dave230

Novice Trainer

• Dave230
This will be my last post because I don't want to push it more than I have. Happy thanksgiving to aĺl