Please help me with my first deck! (Sylveon GX, Xerneas GX)

• Please log in to reply

19 November 2018 - 12:36 AM

StarSuga

Rookie Trainer

• StarSuga
Hi everyone!

I recently got into the TCGO and have been playing with theme decks for a couple of months. I finally tried my hand at making a deck in expanded (mono fairy) and was hoping you all could give me some pointers or feedback. :)

I've not got a whole lot of cards to choose from but I don't think my deck is doing too badly. I had 17 wins in a row at one point which is twice as many as I've ever gotten in theme lol. Don't know if that's good or bad because I've only been playing expanded for two days..

Slurpuff & Ribombee are solely there because their abilities are useful. They've never been off my bench, unless I get only their basic stages in my starting hand.

Basically, what cards do you suggest removing/ adding? Are there any cards you'd recommend I get from the theme decks?

Also, what booster packs do you recommend I spent my tokens on?

I'm such a noob...hah**

****** Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 15

* 3 Eevee FFI 80
* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 1 Cutiefly SUM 92
* 1 Cutiefly LOT 145
* 1 Morelull UPR 92
* 1 Swirlix XY 94
* 1 Xerneas-GX FLI 90
* 1 Ribombee BUS 96
* 1 Shiinotic BUS 98
* 1 Slurpuff XY 95
* 2 Sylveon FFI 72
* 1 Sylveon-GX GRI 92

##Trainer Cards - 30

* 1 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 1 Xerosic PHF 119
* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Switch CES 147
* 1 Lysandre AOR 78
* 2 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 2 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 1 Bodybuilding Dumbbells BUS 113
* 1 Enhanced Hammer GRI 124
* 1 Guzma BUS 143
* 1 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 N FCO 105
* 1 Fairy Garden XY 117
* 2 Hau SUM 120
* 2 Acro Bike CES 123
* 1 Big Malasada SUM 114
* 2 Energy Retrieval SUM 116
* 2 Muscle Band XY 121
* 1 Escape Rope BUS 114
* 1 Fairy Charm {G} LOT 174
* 1 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 1 Delinquent BKP 98

##Energy - 15

* 4 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114
* 11 Fairy Energy XYEnergy 2

Total Cards - 60

Thanks very much!

StarSuga
x

19 November 2018 - 02:11 PM

Wolfofdogs

Novice Trainer

• Wolfofdogs
Hello there!
It seems an OK deck, but I would suggest changing some of the trainers. For example, change the Haus and the big malcasada for N, professor sycamore, Acerola (it puts a damaged Pokemon from your hand into your deck) or that-new-supporter-which-name-I-can’t-remember that lets you search your deck for a fairy energy and attach to one of your Pokémon, which is pretty useful for charging up your Xerneas GX, but I would only recommend 1 of this kind, since you will usually want to play draw supporters.
I would also suggest adding more VS seekers, and if you can, more Xerneas GX or other basic strong hitters, like lugia GX, that way you can use max elixir (look at the top six cards of your deck and attach a basic energy you find there to one of your basic benched Pokémon)
Also, instead of switch, try getting 1 or 2 float stone, which are a Pokémon tool that allows your Pokémon to have a retreat cost of 0.

Hope this was helpful. Have a good day!

19 November 2018 - 03:23 PM

samuraison

Veteran Trainer

• samuraison
In expanded, every deck should have an Ace Spec card. They play like the Prism cards in standard and are usually worth making space for. Also, I would swap the malasada and two energy out for vs seekers.

15 energy seems like overkill for this deck. That is a quarter of your deck and leads to having a hand of energy and nothing else. Usually most decks go with about 10 energy.

Cards I would think about adding that arent Tapu Lele GX or Shaymin EX are:

Diantha- she lets you grab two cards from your discard when your fairy type pokemon gets knocked out. All your pokemon are fairy so you can grab cards every knockout.

Xerneas XY - his 1st attack puts energy on your other pokemon. Lets you get your best attackers set up faster.

Special Charge - Puts your special energy back into your deck.

These are my suggestions. Good luck!!

samuraison AKA Son Samurai

Team Skull Moderator

Alola Region Office

"I'll take you on in Pokémon, yo! Been playing this game since '98, bro!"