LF: Cheaper Gem Promos

• Please log in to reply

18 November 2018 - 10:47 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

For a long time now, my son and I have been missing several of the Gem Promos.  We haven't pursued them very hard, because of their rarity, and the belief that The Company should really put them back in the game's Shop, where everybody has an opportunity to get them.

Does anyone have extras of these?  I fully realize that some are too rare or expensive for my goal.  But, are any of these affordable?  Basically, I'm hoping to find 3 or 4 of the least expensive in this list.

1x Blissey (XY56)
2x Braixen (XY161)
2x Cobalian (BW72)
2x Fearow (XY57)
2x Floette (XY139)
2x Froakie (XY138)
1x Gastly (XY132)
2x Pikachu (BW54)
2x Raichu (NXD 40)
2x Shiftry (XY23)
2x Terrakion (BW71)
2x Umbreon (XY96)
2x Virizion (BW70)
2x Vivillion (XY137)
1x Weezing (XY163)

What I'd like to trade for them are Secret Rare GX cards (Rainbow Rare), though I do have a few other items or packs if I dig deep.  Willing to negotiate.  We've got most of the RR GX's available (usually multiples), from S&M Base through Ultra Prism.  They're tagged already, if anyone is in my Friend's List, and wants to make an offer.

Knowing the exact "price" to offer is very hard, at least for me.  These Gems aren't traded enough to get a firm grasp on value, and the people who have them always seem to want my first-born, but he's already spoken for.  If anyone has suggestions, price recommendations, or possible offers, I'd appreciate any input.

Edited by RobRatt, 20 November 2018 - 08:22 PM.

29 November 2018 - 11:52 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

To be honest, I didn't expect fast results from this thread.  But do any of you "trading masters" know which ones should be the easiest to find if I put offers up in Public trading?

Which of these are the least expensive?  ...Fearow?  Blissey?  Gastly?  Weezing? ...or another?

Blissey (XY56)
Braixen (XY161)
Cobalian (BW72)
Fearow (XY57)
Floette (XY139)
Froakie (XY138)
Gastly (XY132)
Pikachu (BW54)
Raichu (NXD 40)
Shiftry (XY23)
Terrakion (BW71)
Umbreon (XY96)
Virizion (BW70)
Vivillion (XY137)
Weezing (XY163)

It's kind of silly, really, why I'm looking for them.  I don't mind missing some of the cards.  But if I find 3 more for me, and 2 for my son's collection, we'll be able to have all of our "missing" on one single page when it's in the Tile View.  Since I check almost daily for newly added cards to the game, it would just be easier to spot them visually.

Again, any help or advice will be appreciated.  :)

Edited by RobRatt, 30 November 2018 - 03:34 AM.

30 November 2018 - 04:30 AM

XK920XK

Veteran Trainer

• XK920XK

i dont know what you consider cheap or expensive but i know filo fil  (however the spelling is) was offering 2 tropical beaches for 1 shifty with no takers for a while, not sure if he got it or not but just a price range for you to gauge on for that card

30 November 2018 - 07:52 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

i dont know what you consider cheap or expensive but i know filo fil (however the spelling is) was offering 2 tropical beaches for 1 shifty with no takers for a while, not sure if he got it or not but just a price range for you to gauge on for that card

Thank you for the input.  Yes, some of them are perceived to be very expensive.  But that's why I'll NEVER own a few of them, unless they put them back in the Shop for Tokens.

In total, I'm hoping to find 5 or 6 (3 each, for 2 of us) in the 15-50 range.  I've seen them in the past, when I didn't have the resources to trade.  That's why I'm asking which are cheapest in today's market.  Where would you start?  I'm just not sure.  Maybe it will take placing offers in Public for the next 3 months to find them, but I don't want to waste my time (or anyone else's) making offers for the out-of-reach ones.

Edited by RobRatt, 30 November 2018 - 08:12 AM.

03 December 2018 - 03:12 AM

matthew69

Elite Trainer

• matthew69

Hi there, 

I believe Umbreon is the least expensive of those probably, then Blissey, Froakie, Vivillion, Cobalion/ Terrakion/ Virizion and Weezing (possibly in this order) 

[these are in your range probably, though I doubt you will get any below 25, these days probably below 35] 

Totally unsure about Fearow and Floette but Braixen is very hard to get, Gastly is very hard to get, Pikachu and Raichu I suspect will be (basically) impossible even with like 1000 in value. Shiftry is very hard to get but would probably be in the 100s now. 

Edited by matthew69, 03 December 2018 - 03:15 AM.

PTCGO Achievements: Trading Card League CEO, Top Cut CEO, 1st 2013 Fall Championship, 1st 2014 Type Tournament, 1st 2015 'Ultimate Player'
IRL Achievements: 2013 1st Aldershot City, 2013 1st Shoreham City, 2013 1st Horsham BR, 2014 4x 1st League Challenge, 2015 1st Southern Regional, 2015 2nd East-Midland Regional Won invite to 2015 World Championships

03 December 2018 - 04:54 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Thank you Matthew.  That was what I needed to know.  Very cool.

-- Best wishes.

05 December 2018 - 01:38 AM

micromaster

Novice Trainer

• micromaster

For a long time now, my son and I have been missing several of the Gem Promos.  We haven't pursued them very hard, because of their rarity, and the belief that The Company should really put them back in the game's Shop, where everybody has an opportunity to get them.

Does anyone have extras of these?  I fully realize that some are too rare or expensive for my goal.  But, are any of these affordable?  Basically, I'm hoping to find 3 or 4 of the least expensive in this list.

1x Blissey (XY56)
2x Braixen (XY161)
2x Cobalian (BW72)
2x Fearow (XY57)
2x Floette (XY139)
2x Froakie (XY138)
1x Gastly (XY132)
2x Pikachu (BW54)
2x Raichu (NXD 40)
2x Shiftry (XY23)
2x Terrakion (BW71)
2x Umbreon (XY96)
2x Virizion (BW70)
2x Vivillion (XY137)
1x Weezing (XY163)

What I'd like to trade for them are Secret Rare GX cards (Rainbow Rare), though I do have a few other items or packs if I dig deep.  Willing to negotiate.  We've got most of the RR GX's available (usually multiples), from S&M Base through Ultra Prism.  They're tagged already, if anyone is in my Friend's List, and wants to make an offer.

Knowing the exact "price" to offer is very hard, at least for me.  These Gems aren't traded enough to get a firm grasp on value, and the people who have them always seem to want my first-born, but he's already spoken for.  If anyone has suggestions, price recommendations, or possible offers, I'd appreciate any input.

Blissey 20-25

Braixen is a bunch, probably 60-70 but could be more, and good luck finding it in the first place

Cobalion/Terrakion/Virizion is the set I've heard the widest variety of prices for, but something like 150 for the set is what I think is right, but if you can get for a lot cheaper I wouldn't be that surprised

Fearow 30-35

Floette is a bunch as well, I think I paid 80 for mine but again could be more, and will also be incredibly difficult to find

Froakie, also a lot, I paid 150 for mine, could be a bit less but probably atleast 100, also super hard to find

Gastly is the only gem I don't have yet (besides fossil set and theme deck stuff), so I can't really give an accurate price, but the last 2 that sold both sold for 90 I believe, this is the hardest gem to find in my opinion (besides fossil set of course)

Pikachu 80-100

Raichu 100-130 idk this value too well or pikachu but I know they're a lot

Shiftry 210-230 probably, could vary a lot though depending who you're buying from, might be able to get lower but probably not

Umbreon is pretty cheap, but people are buying it atm for some reason, so you'll probably have to pay atleast 25 to get one

Vivillon is hard to find like the others, I've seen them go for 70-80 but they might well be higher, like 90-100 range

Weezing is sorta hard to find, but definitely the easiest of the hard fates gems, probably 50-60

These values are based on my experience, but are probably a bit low. Gem values vary a lot a lot a lot, so what you'll end up having to pay if you want them will probably vary massively from the prices I gave.

05 December 2018 - 02:25 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Thank you for your detailed reply, and the time it took to write it.  Much appreciated.  I'm not sure how many of these we'll be able to chase down, but the answers so far have helped a lot.