• Hydreigon42

idk what cards i should put with it

heres what i have so far:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 14

* 1 Lugia-GX LOT 159
* 1 Tauros-GX SUM 100
* 3 Charmander BUS 18
* 1 Ho-Oh-GX PR-SM SM57 (gx lets u put 2 fire gx pokemon from discard onto ur bench)
* 3 Houndour LOT 45
* 2 Charmeleon BUS 19
* 2 Houndoom LOT 46
* 1 Charizard-GX BUS 20

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 2 Super Potion XY 128
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 3 Ultra Ball DEX 102
* 3 Timer Ball SUM 134
* 1 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 2 Gladion CIN 95
* 2 Blacksmith FLF 88
* 2 Evosoda XY 116
* 2 Cynthia UPR 119
* 3 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 2 Kiawe BUS 116
* 1 Scorched Earth FCO 110
* 2 Big Malasada SUM 114
* 4 Hau CES 132
* 2 Energy Retrieval SUM 116

##Energy - 14

* 4 Burning Energy BKT 151
* 10 Fire Energy  2

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

im mainly having trouble with the pokemon

i tried magcargo to do the changing the top card of ur deck but that didnt last long and i also tried the lost thunder deck naganadels and it worked somewhat but sometimes didnt

i have these pokemon i think can work

-houndoom fire to pick a card from ur deck and put it into ur hand

-magcargo that lets u pick a card from ur deck and put it on top

-entei gx

-gumshoos that has the 2 energy attack where it gives 100 damage if the opponent has any pokemon in their hand

-fire salazzle gx

-naganadel that lets u attach an energy from discard pile each turn

i seem to be able to set up the charizard fine if no one attacks charmander and charmeleon

17 November 2018 - 12:44 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

This is a great start to a deck. :)

Lugia's pretty good if you can get it charged up, if only it could use Blacksmith.   But as it can't, I'm not sure if he's worth it.  Three or four turns of attaching energy is a long time.  Tauros is pretty solid, if he takes the first hit.  How well he works in this deck depends on your opponents, so if you think it works, then I like it. ^_^ Now, Charizard also needs a lot of energy.  But f that's what your deck's based around, we can make it less of a problem.  Consider running some cards like Volcanion (which you can get from the StS theme deck) or Turtonator-GX for energy acceleration.  And you've already got Kiawe and Blacksmith, which helps a ton.  You could also run some of the non-GX charizard just for having more evolutions and a lower-prize attacker.  As for the magcargo you mentioned- it's definitely a good card.  But I think you already have so many evolution lines that it would only clog the deck up.  Salazzle-GX is also really good, but I think if you want to run it you should take out the houndoom.  If you're keeping them, though, we should probably find some ways to expand hand size so it's attack does more damage. ;)  I see you already have a lot of draw supporters, which is good.  The trouble with Hau, though, is that while he can get you a big hand, he has trouble getting you the cards you need to evolve and attack.  I'd suggest running some Sycamore (or Juniper, they're identical) and Colress, plus maybe Lillie.

Right now, you have eleven items for getting pokemon from the deck.  That's probably a bit excessive, so I'd suggest cutting the timer ball, and if you can get some copies of Brigette, the nest balls as well.  And I know they're a bit hard to get, but if you can trade for some Vs. Seekers, well, it's just a beautiful card.  Gives you a ton more flexibility with supporters.  

My final thoughts, then, are on healing.  Usually, cards like potions and the Malasada just don't do enough to be worth it.  There are some better options, of course- such as Gold Potion (and Ace Spec), last chance potion, and using Guzma to relieve status conditions, as he can be used in many other situations as well.  However, depending on what you've seen in your battles, healing might not be necessary at all.  Oftentimes, it's simply not worth the space.

I like what you've set up. :) Good luck on your games.

Edited by SuperStone, 17 November 2018 - 12:45 AM.

The truth waits for no one.  That which you refuse to see, TPCi, slips past you.  The chat function was never your problem, yet through your blindness, you have made it one.

17 November 2018 - 02:43 AM

Chasista

Elite Trainer

• Chasista

I see it's an almost Standard deck, but with Evosoda and Superpotion. I think it would work better as a Standard deck with changes, or on the other side you have to go full to Expanded staples.

It's a budget deck but, Pokémon good decks and Meta are not made with the pokémon you like, o the ones you have. They're done with the most powerful possible combos, even if you hate the Pokémon or the trainer. So what I mean is, you need to get the staple cards for the format you're going to play. And there are some rules to build any deck.

Choose a main attacker. High HP, low energy requirement, big damage. add 4. Or 3 at least.

What does that pokémon need? More damage? More healing? Energy acceleration? Evolving to high stages? Add partners to help yourself to set up your main attacker before your opponent does it! Add several copies 2 to 4. It depends on the Evo lines.

Then add the staple trainers, and any focused trainer that help.

In any Expanded deck, no matter the type or the pokémon included you need:

1 Ace Spec

3 Juniper/Sycamore

2 Cynthia

1/1 Guzma/Lysandre (or 2 of what fits best your strategy)

2  N

2 Lillie

4 Vs seeker

4 Ultraball

1 Karen (anti Night march)

Then add some more trainers that you can need:

Elm's lecture/Brigette/Olivia/Poke fan club...

Colress

Acerola/AZ

Nest ball / Level ball / Heavy ball / etc.

Field blower/Startling megaphone/Tool scrapper

Battle compressor/Trainers mail

Rare candy/Evosoda

Choice band/Muscle band

Bodybuilding dumbbells/Bursting balloon

Float stone/Escape board

Switch/Escape rope

Rescue stretcher/Super rod

Professor letter/Energy switch/Energy loto/Energy recycler

Max potion

2 or 3 Stadiums fitting your deck type or strategy. Take a look to Heat factory Prism star !!

And any focused trainer, like Kiawe/Blacksmith for fire, Focus sash/Korrina for fight, Mysterious treasure for psy/dragon and so on. Sometimes you replace some staples for that type focused trainers.

Finally add the less possible energies to make it work, Special energies included.

And should look like 14 to 16 pokémon, 30 to 34 trainers and the rest energies, 8 to 14. More or less. So your numbers are perfect, but you missing some staple trainers to make it work better. You need to get the cards.

I would remove Hau, Super potion, Big malasada, 1 Gladion (or both), and the Timer ball probably. I think there are better choices than flipping a coin.

Is Charizard GX your main attacker? Then you need more copies. But maybe 2, as much 3. Not 4.

What I would do is get 4 Ho-oh, 4 Kiawe, 4 Ultraball, 4 Battle compressor (and a couple Tapu Lele GX if possible, then 3 Kiawe could be enough probably) to maximize the possibilities to turn one starting with Ho-oh, Compressor a couple of Charizard GX and another Ho-oh, and Kiawe the Ho-oh (via Ultra ball+Lele or other method).

Next turn use Ho-oh GX attack.to bench your Stage 2 Charizard GX. No basics, no evosoda, no rare candies. And you can save a lot of space (of course you can run a couple Charmander and one Charmeleon and 2 Rare candies for example, just in case). But I would focus into getting at the beginning the Stage 2 with the Ho-oh GX attack mainly. Then Battle compressor some energies and add it with Blacksmith, or use Kiawe.

And use some Guzma/switch to change Ho-oh with others to attack hard every turn. Ho-oh it's a very good attacker.

Problem with Charizard is 5 energies is a lot. You could use the Magcargo+Max elixir combo to accelerate. Or choose other attacker like Blaziken GX (210 damage for 3 energies discarding 2 that you can Blacksmith recover every turn, 240 to GX with Choice band. Lovely!), Turtonator GX, Salazzle GX...

OK, I changed a lot of things but just suggesting :)

WE WANT LEGACY TOURNAMENTS BACK !!! If you also want it, show your support http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/55966-feedback-making-it-easier-to-get-the-cards-you-want/

5th day reward packs list http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/56679-5th-day-log-in-pack-is-random-got-a-gur-dd/?p=593037

Foro en español, también existe: http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/2-español/

IGN Chasista

17 November 2018 - 05:11 AM

Hydreigon42

Novice Trainer

• Hydreigon42

Thank you everyone!

i changed the deck to this

##Pokémon - 14

* 3 Charmander BUS 18
* 1 Entei-GX SLG 71
* 1 Ho-Oh-GX PR-SM SM57
* 1 Moltres LOT 38
* 3 Moltres FCO 9
* 1 Turtonator-GX GRI 18
* 2 Charmeleon BUS 19
* 1 Charmeleon EVO 10
* 1 Charizard-GX BUS 20

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 2 Hau CES 132
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Energy Retrieval EVO 77
* 3 Ultra Ball DEX 102
* 2 Super Potion EVO 87
* 2 Timer Ball SUM 134
* 1 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 1 Gladion CIN 95
* 2 Blacksmith FLF 88
* 2 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 2 Evosoda XY 116
* 2 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Kiawe BUS 116
* 1 Scorched Earth FCO 110
* 2 Big Malasada SUM 114
* 1 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 2 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Healing Scarf ROS 84
* 1 Energy Recycler GRI 123

##Energy - 14

* 4 Burning Energy BKT 151
* 10 Fire Energy  2

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

its working better for me now

i like to try to make different decks to make battles interesting

i decided to not have any more evolving pokemon so i put in the moltres and also took out the tauros and lugia

24 November 2018 - 12:46 AM

Hydreigon42

Novice Trainer

• Hydreigon42

I made a standard version

i think i will use the standard version instead to make up for not having lots of the trainer cards from expanded

here is the standard version

##Pokémon - 14

* 3 Charmander BUS 18
* 1 Entei-GX SLG 71
* 1 Ho-Oh-GX PR-SM SM57
* 2 Salandit GRI 15
* 2 Slugma CES 23
* 2 Charmeleon BUS 19
* 1 Magcargo CES 24
* 1 Salazzle-GX BUS 132
* 1 Charizard-GX BUS 20

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 1 Acerola BUS 112
* 2 Acro Bike CES 123
* 1 Altar of the Sunne GRI 118
* 2 Big Malasada SUM 114
* 2 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Energy Recycler GRI 123
* 2 Energy Retrieval SUM 116
* 1 Energy Switch CES 129
* 1 Energy Switch SUM 117
* 3 Ultra Ball FCO 113
* 1 Lady FLI 109
* 1 Gladion CIN 95
* 1 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Kiawe BUS 116
* 1 Lysandre {*} FLI 110
* 1 Olivia BUS 119
* 2 Pal Pad UPR 132
* 2 Potion SUM 127
* 1 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 2 Sophocles BUS 123
* 1 Wishful Baton BUS 128

##Energy - 14

* 14 Fire Energy BLW 106

Total Cards - 60