card text is hard to read sometimes

• Please log in to reply

15 November 2018 - 04:05 AM

Hydreigon42

Novice Trainer

• Hydreigon42

in battles when u hover over the card, the text is sometimes very small and hard to read

also during deck construction the text is hard to read sometimes because the text font is so small

maybe when u hover over the card u can get a text window with bigger font descriptions or have the card popup be bigger

and maybe the deck constructor can be bigger like the collection thingy where the text is easier to read

15 November 2018 - 04:18 AM

8_Bit_Kraken

Novice Trainer

• 8_Bit_Kraken

You can right click on the card to have a zoom up on the card and text.

15 November 2018 - 12:55 PM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

Probably not what you were talking about, but I still want them to do something about 2-sided Stadiums like Parallel City. It's still very akward having to read upside-down text xd

15 November 2018 - 01:25 PM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

Probably not what you were talking about, but I still want them to do something about 2-sided Stadiums like Parallel City. It's still very akward having to read upside-down text xd

Heh. I can read upside down nearly as well as right-side-up, but the cards do get hard to read.

I NEED to run the game full screen with the highest resolution just so that the relatively large Stage # isn't too blurry on the smaller card. (You can't always click to zoom!)

Add in the art behind the text and the foil/holo effects, and it does get messy.

There absolutely should be some options to fix that, and they've been suggested before.

• Text in a pop-up. This could get in the way of clicking what you want to click, as you'll notice the hover-zooms already do. There's a lot of wasted space to the side of the screen that could be used for it as an alternative.
  • An option to turn off the art, or just the art under the text. You can see when card art hasn't loaded just how wonderfully clear all the text is, when it's displayed AS text on a flat background rather than as art with text in it.

Since we're on visibility here, I'll add in that there's still no remedy for color-blind people. Most obviously for this, the "done" button changes from red to green as a primary action indicator. I'm sure that's not the only problem they have with the game, and they may not even be aware of that one.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

15 November 2018 - 07:24 PM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

Heh. I can read upside down nearly as well as right-side-up, but the cards do get hard to read.

That's actually pretty impressive xd Between being upside-down and being in the middle of the card's art, I have a really hard time reading those.

16 November 2018 - 07:16 AM

Mod_Alder

• Mod_Alder

Hello trainers, thanks everyone for posting your great feedback. I will forward this thread to the development team. 

Moderator Alder
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

17 November 2018 - 01:06 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

Pffft- that's nothing.  I spent seven years in ninja school learning the dark art of reading RighSide UP.  Beat that.

XD No, I actually respect that.

The truth waits for no one.  That which you refuse to see, TPCi, slips past you.  The chat function was never your problem, yet through your blindness, you have made it one.

17 November 2018 - 07:30 PM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

Pffft- that's nothing.  I spent seven years in ninja school learning the dark art of reading RighSide UP.  Beat that.

XD No, I actually respect that.

Most other digital card games flip the cards for you. When this one doesn't, it confuses me because I want everything around them to also be inverted.

I continually read the numbers on my opponent's cards upside down. His pokemon has 09 damage, and he has 9 prize cards remaining. Things just flip in my head depending on context, and his cards are upside down.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!