How do you make a consistent deck?

• Please log in to reply

17 November 2018 - 05:04 AM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

A bit of an off topic question, how do you get the last star in the practices?

In the Trainer Challenge? You need to buy at least 1 Theme Deck from the shop and use that. IIRC you only get 3 Theme Decks by default that can be used in Trainer Challenge.

If you're looking to buy one, I personally really like Hydro Fury, but there are plenty that are performing well right now. Blazing Volcano seems to be in a pretty good spot. Match Strike isn't as popular as it once was, but it might still be good. Leaf Charge is also popular.

17 November 2018 - 05:49 AM

B03

Trainer

• B03

I guess I should save up some coins. Currently throwing away tickets in event because all of my decks suck.

17 November 2018 - 06:46 AM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

My recommendation to you is that you don't enter Standard or Expanded Events until you have a deck that you're comfortable using. If you can save some Tokens from daily challenges and the ladder, you could buy a solid Theme Deck and use that in Theme Events. I'd like to hear someone else's opinion on this too, but personally I'd recommend Hydro Fury (the one with Swampert). It's a pretty strong deck all around, and you have type advantage against Blazing Volcano, which seems to be pretty popular right now.

17 November 2018 - 07:03 AM

B03

Trainer

• B03

My recommendation to you is that you don't enter Standard or Expanded Events until you have a deck that you're comfortable using. If you can save some Tokens from daily challenges and the ladder, you could buy a solid Theme Deck and use that in Theme Events. I'd like to hear someone else's opinion on this too, but personally I'd recommend Hydro Fury (the one with Swampert). It's a pretty strong deck all around, and you have type advantage against Blazing Volcano, which seems to be pretty popular right now.

I heard that the new ones where pretty decent

17 November 2018 - 07:34 AM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

I heard that the new ones where pretty decent

I'm not so sure about Storm Caller, but Blazing Volcano (the Entei one) is pretty solid. I could recommend buying that one too.

18 November 2018 - 04:21 AM

B03

Trainer

• B03

I bought blazing volcano and I will just get a couple packs from the train challenge things

18 November 2018 - 06:04 AM

B03

Trainer

• B03

I tried one theme event and everyone had the same deck. Pretty stale meta

18 November 2018 - 07:35 AM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

I tried one theme event and everyone had the same deck. Pretty stale meta

Yeah, sadly that tends to happen. It's kinda boring, but the grind pays off when you can start building more fun Standard and Expanded decks with the packs you've earned. You will still see some popular decks appear often in the other formats of course (specially in Standard), but it's more varied than the Theme format.

Today I played Expanded Tournaments pretty much all day long, and I versed a variety of different decks. Some of the old favorites do appear with certain frequency (faced plenty of NM mirror matches today), but otherwise there was a good bit of everything.