Plumeria

• Please log in to reply

09 November 2018 - 07:41 AM

LiteHope

Novice Trainer

• LiteHope
Plumeria is a trainer support card that lets you discard 2 to discard/remove from play one energy card an opponent has played.

This card is useful when the opponent has a special energy or an odd rare energy, thus throwing off his energy curve.

In one ******* video it was mistakenly misunderstood. mtg would better express it as "as an additional cost to cast" meaning it turns the 2 discards into fuel for the function of removal. This is not to say its "not milling" just a crucial counterplay that isnt braindead simple.

It is a tough choice to discard from your hand if you have few cards/small hand. But its easier if you have many. This is esp so when youre energy flooded, turning a design negative into positive. in combination with filters/deck thinning, one could improve the draw chances at the expense of self milling the deck( its only 60 cards).

idk what do you think

goodday

10 November 2018 - 08:40 PM

Pokegen85

Trainer

• Pokegen85
I could maybe see it useful in certain agitation decks, but on the whole its not very viable. Many decks can recover discarded energy very easily. This makes cards like Plumeria not worth the deck space that it takes. I try to avoid cards that are used in an if and only if scenario in favor of consistency when I am considering what to include.

12 November 2018 - 03:07 PM

LiteHope

Novice Trainer

• LiteHope

I could maybe see it useful in certain agitation decks, but on the whole its not very viable. Many decks can recover discarded energy very easily. This makes cards like Plumeria not worth the deck space that it takes. I try to avoid cards that are used in an if and only if scenario in favor of consistency when I am considering what to include.

thanks I can see your point.

i suppose its for the rare decks that have discardable worthy cards in a flexible deck. or in decks that have evolutions and no recovery of pokemon, so when that basic is lost that one strategy is lost-- favoring discard to clear out the hand or deck. i see it more of a plan B scenerio than a what if, as the opposing pokemon is rarely a threat without energy.