Spell Tag not working correctly

• Please log in to reply

05 November 2018 - 11:22 PM

trainerdylan19

Novice Trainer

• trainerdylan19

Hi,

I've  noticed throughout several matches that whenever a Sky Pillar is in play, I couldn't place the damage counters onto my opponent's Benched Pokemon. This is definitely a bug since Spell Tag is not an attack and so Sky Pillar would not prevent the placement of damage counters.

06 November 2018 - 12:05 AM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

If the only common factor is Sky Pillar being in place then I doubt you made any of these mistakes, but just to be safe:

1) Was Spell Tag attached to a Psychic Pokemon? It wouldn't work otherwise.

2) Was your Pokemon KOd by damage from an attack, and not by an effect (such as burn damage)?

3) Was there an effect in play that would cancel the effects of tools (can't think of anything other than Lysandre's Lab, which wouldn't be possible if Sky Pillar is in play. Asking this just in case there is a similar effect on a non-Stadium card)?

If none of these were the case, then this is probably a bug.

Edited by Sakura150612, 06 November 2018 - 12:06 AM.

06 November 2018 - 12:08 AM

trainerdylan19

Novice Trainer

• trainerdylan19

If the only common factor is Sky Pillar being in place then I doubt you made any of these mistakes, but just to be safe:

1) Was Spell Tag attached to a Psychic Pokemon? It wouldn't work otherwise.

2) Was your Pokemon KOd by damage from an attack, and not by an effect (such as burn damage)?

3) Was there an effect in play that would cancel the effects of tools (can't think of anything other than Lysandre's Lab, which wouldn't be possible if Sky Pillar is in play. Asking this just in case there is a similar effect on a non-Stadium card)?

If none of these were the case, then this is probably a bug.

Yes, it was attached to a psychic type (usually Giratina) and was always KO'd by actual damage.

06 November 2018 - 12:29 AM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

Weird. In that case this is almost definetely a bug unless I'm missing something here. I can't think of anything other than Lysandre's Lab that would be able to block Spell Tag damage asuming that Spell Tag's conditions for activation are met.