I need a Karen for the Lost Zone please!

• Please log in to reply

05 November 2018 - 10:37 PM

Pokegen85

Trainer

• Pokegen85
Has anyone seen a card in the Japanese sets that does for Lost March what Karen does for Night March? Are there any indications that the powers that be at Pokémon Company will eventually make this happen? I know Lost Thunder just came out and everyone is clicking their heels, but I have major concerns about game balance with the advent of this new deck type. I haven’t faced it yet, but I’d be lying if I said that I wasn’t afraid of it becoming an unstoppable strategy.

05 November 2018 - 10:52 PM

Princess_Aurora

Veteran Trainer

• Princess_Aurora
A single card: Shuckle-GX.

Also useful against any other low-energy attackers. Just watch out for the Guzzies.

Friendship is magic!

05 November 2018 - 10:55 PM

Wolfofdogs

Novice Trainer

• Wolfofdogs
I doubt there is ever going to be anything that recovers cards from the lost zone, so I wouldn’t expect a Karen for lost March.

Also, l don’t think lost March will be as powerful as night March. Night March is much faster than lost March, and if you check the Japanese tournament results, the highest lost March got was top 32.
So yes, lost March is a a good deck, but it won’t be invincible. Spread decks such as decidueye GX/fairy ninetales GX or any deck with tapu koko will not allow that.

Have a good day!

05 November 2018 - 11:44 PM

SharKing319

Expert Trainer

• SharKing319

Any cards that are sent to the Lost Zone are removed from play for the rest of the game - that's the entire point of the Lost Zone mechanic. I don't see Pokémon Card Lab putting out anything that would undermine the point of the Lost Zone just to get rid of a bad version of Night March.

05 November 2018 - 11:50 PM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

Highly unlikely that such a card would be printed. The Lost Zone has been established as a true banish zone, so like SharKing said, you're not supposed to ever be able to recover any cards sent to the Lost Zone.

06 November 2018 - 12:15 AM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

I really hope they stay firm to that "lost = lost" rule, and never let anything come back from there.

But then, they didn't hold too long to the "1 GX attack per game" thing.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

06 November 2018 - 12:35 AM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

I really hope they stay firm to that "lost = lost" rule, and never let anything come back from there.

But then, they didn't hold too long to the "1 GX attack per game" thing.

Wait, how do you get around the "1 GX attack per game" rule? Is there a card that allows you to flip your GX counter back to the "unused" position?

06 November 2018 - 01:00 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

Wait, how do you get around the "1 GX attack per game" rule? Is there a card that allows you to flip your GX counter back to the "unused" position?

Only Zygarde-GX gets to do it.  There's a supporter card, Bonnie, that allows it to attack again.  It was actually a pretty solid deck before the rotation- though most versions only ran one copy of Bonnie, so the GX-abuse wasn't its main strong point. :P

The truth waits for no one.  That which you refuse to see, TPCi, slips past you.  The chat function was never your problem, yet through your blindness, you have made it one.

06 November 2018 - 01:30 AM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

Only Zygarde-GX gets to do it.  There's a supporter card, Bonnie, that allows it to attack again.  It was actually a pretty solid deck before the rotation- though most versions only ran one copy of Bonnie, so the GX-abuse wasn't its main strong point. :P

Ah, I see. Thank you for the answer. 

06 November 2018 - 03:24 PM

Pokegen85

Trainer

• Pokegen85

A single card: Shuckle-GX.
Also useful against any other low-energy attackers. Just watch out for the Guzzies.

Thanks! I’ll have to sneak one into my deck somehow.