• Please log in to reply

05 November 2018 - 08:56 PM

BigBattle

Rookie Trainer

• BigBattle

Client: 2.57.0.4037
Card: Blacephalon-GX, Beast Energy
Card Number: Lost Thunder #52, 199, and 219; Forbidden Light #117
Expected Action: Put 4 energy in the lost zone for the attack "Mind Blown" including Beast Energy. Damage calculation should be 230.
Actual Action: Put 4 energy in the lost zone for the attack "Mind Blown"including Beast energy. Damage calculation is 200
Steps to Reproduce: Use attack "Mind Blown" while choosing to put 3 basic energies and a Beast energy in the lost zone. Damage calculation will be -30 not factoring in the Beast Energy's +30 damage.

The damage calculation isn't taking into account the order or operations for the game. I hope this gets fixed soon. This happened to me in a match a very critical moment.

Thanks,

BigBattle

05 November 2018 - 09:11 PM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

I wasn't too sure that this was a bug, so I did a quick google search and found the answer to this question in a Reddt post. What I found confirms that this is in fact a bug, because the following precedent establishes that energies that give bonus damage, if discarded as a cost, still provide the bonus damage:

Q: "If I have a Strong Energy attached to a Fighting type Pokemon and use an attack that says to discard an energy, do I get the bonus damage from Strong Energy before I discard it or not?

A: "Yes, you do"

Source: Furious Fists FAQ: Aug 28, 2014 TPCi Rules Team 

Just posting this to clarify that this is actually a bug according to official rulings.

Edited by Sakura150612, 05 November 2018 - 09:14 PM.

07 November 2018 - 09:24 PM

MrRaptr4

Rookie Trainer

• MrRaptr4

I can confirm this is a bug. Needs to be fixed.