[CARD] Splash Energy BKP #113 - Only highest stage evolution card of the Knocked Out Pokémon is returned to the hand

• Please log in to reply

04 November 2018 - 04:31 PM

rahzark

Rookie Trainer

• rahzark

Apparently there is already a known bug in Splash Energy Splash Energy (BKP #113), but it is different form the bug I'm reporting.

Splash Energy (BKP #113) is returning only the last evolution Pokemon back to hand. I am pretty sure this is not how the card was implemented before, as it returned ALL Pokemon cards of the evolution line to hand and discarded the tools and energy. I searched for ruling changes just in case but was unable to find any, so I'm assuming this is a gameplay bug.

This happened several times in two separate tournament games I just played (and lost because of the bug), where the Splash Energy was returning only the Greninja BREAK and not the Greninja, Froakie and Frogadier cards.

edit: removed links as they were not working

Edited by rahzark, 04 November 2018 - 06:15 PM.

04 November 2018 - 05:49 PM

nautiscarader

Novice Trainer

• nautiscarader

Yeah, it seems like the last update has opened up a whole can of bugs...

04 November 2018 - 06:02 PM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

Looking at the ruling discussions from several different sites, you would be correct. Splash energy is supposed to recover all of the pokemon and not just the one on top. Don't have any splash energies to test this myself, but if this is how it's working right now, then it must be a bug.

04 November 2018 - 07:51 PM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

I realized I did have some splash energies after all so I gave it a test. I can confirm now that the splash energy is currently working as OP indicated; it's only recovering the pokemon that's on top and not all of the pokemon, which is how it should work according to the ruling discussions of many online PTCG sites. We need someone from the staff to confirm now whether this is a bug or a collective ruling misinterpretation. Here's the log btw:

Spoiler

09 November 2018 - 01:13 AM

Mod_RedDragon

• Mod_RedDragon

Apparently there is already a known bug in Splash Energy Splash Energy (BKP #113), but it is different form the bug I'm reporting.

Splash Energy (BKP #113) is returning only the last evolution Pokemon back to hand. I am pretty sure this is not how the card was implemented before, as it returned ALL Pokemon cards of the evolution line to hand and discarded the tools and energy. I searched for ruling changes just in case but was unable to find any, so I'm assuming this is a gameplay bug.

This happened several times in two separate tournament games I just played (and lost because of the bug), where the Splash Energy was returning only the Greninja BREAK and not the Greninja, Froakie and Frogadier cards.

edit: removed links as they were not working

I believe this has been added to the Known Issues list here. Thanks for the report!

Moderator RedDragon
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!