[CARD] Magnezone 83/156 Magnetic Circuit working way too slowly

Cards

• Please log in to reply

04 November 2018 - 06:14 AM

Vvardim

Rookie Trainer

• Vvardim

Hello,

I just started to use this Magnezone 83/156 card again, as I used to do back in the time, but something changed with its ability Magnetic Circuit. I don't know if we can call that a bug, but it's definitely annoying, and since it wasn't working like that in the past, i think it's a problem.

How it worked before: You were able to choose as many energies as you wanted at once when you used the abiity, then had to click "finish" when you were done.

How it works now: You don't even have the button "finish" anymore, so the ability is stopped when you have attached 1 energy. You have to activate the ability again and again until you're done. So if you want to attach 8 energies to your Pokémon during your turn thanks to Magnetic Circuit, you have to repeat the action and all the animations linked to it 8 times, what a waste of time. Instead of doing that in like 10 seconds, now it lasts almost 1 minute to do so.

04 November 2018 - 06:20 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

That's something they recently changed with Abilities like this.  You're not the only player who thinks "the new way" is inconvenient (from other's comments).

Check this thread, in particular Mike's reply (Staff), and the comments after.

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/66284-blastoise-deluge-ability-bug/

04 November 2018 - 06:30 AM

Vvardim

Rookie Trainer

• Vvardim

Thanks, well I hope they'll double back ...

05 November 2018 - 04:49 AM

nautiscarader

Novice Trainer

• nautiscarader

Well, hope dies last. I still hope they'll bring back "undo" button, since it is impossible to misclick in real life...

05 November 2018 - 09:32 PM

shinygeodude

Veteran Trainer

• shinygeodude

Well, hope dies last. I still hope they'll bring back "undo" button, since it is impossible to misclick in real life...

Yes but it's not like the hitboxes are tiny. If you click the wrong thing it's your own fault for not paying attention.

But regarding Magnetic Circuit and similar abilities, I agree that there was absolutely no reason to make that change. Or if they really had to for coding reasons, the least they could've done was drastically shortened the animation to make up for it. But I guess that made too much sense.

05 November 2018 - 10:15 PM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

But regarding Magnetic Circuit and similar abilities, I agree that there was absolutely no reason to make that change. Or if they really had to for coding reasons, the least they could've done was drastically shortened the animation to make up for it. But I guess that made too much sense.

Can't say I understand coding or programing, but I have a strong gut feeling that this wasn't the reason. First, because the ability used to work differently for a very long time (as in, the entire time where it was possible to attach several energies at once). Second, because of the official response we were given by a Mod in the other thread (the one about Deulge) seems to imply that the reasoning behind this change was a literal interpretation of the exact words writen on the card (attach "a" energy as many times as you want rather than attach "as many" energies as you want, which effectively mean the same thing but the former implies you have to activate, and therefore announce, the activation of the ability for every energy you attach).

For us it's obviously riddiculous that you have to reactivate, and announce, the ability for each energy attached, since that would produce the exact same result as attaching multiple energies in a single activation while saving a lot of tedium for both you and your opponent. If you were to consider real life play (which the TCGO is supposed to reflect to the last detail), you would realize that no one says "I activate Deulge" 6 times in a turn, even if had to if we wanted to stay strictly formal.

There just wasn't any reason to make this change. I'm usually understanding of TPCi's more unpopular decisions regardless of whether I personally agreed with them or not (such as with the canning of the chat), but with this one I'm left scratching my head. I cannot possibly understand what possesed them to do this if their only reason was to follow the exact words of the card.

Edited by Sakura150612, 05 November 2018 - 10:17 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cards