[CARD] Super boost energy Ultra Prism #136 and koko-GX Guardians Rising #47

Cards Help Other

• Please log in to reply

03 November 2018 - 08:06 PM

hevvychef

Rookie Trainer

• hevvychef

I just played a game where i was up against a Zoroark/gardevoir deck with my Zeraora/koko deck. The opposing gardevoir had a fairy energy and a super boost energy attached to it, and i used koko's ability to come in with three lightning energy. the super boost and fairy combined should make for 5 energy, thus mean a 250 damage on tapu koko's GX attack. But when i used the attack, only 100 damage was applied to the opposing Gardevoir.

is there something i dont understand about this situation, or is this (as i expect it is) in fact a bug, just like it was with swampert in combination with the Super Boost energy?

Edited by hevvychef, 03 November 2018 - 08:07 PM.

03 November 2018 - 08:26 PM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

Tapu Thunder-GX 50× This attack does 50 damage times the amount of Energy attached to all of your opponent's Pokémon.

The energy on your Koko doesn't matter. 1 for the Fairy, 1 for the S.Boost, 100 damage.

Edited by SandaledOtter, 03 November 2018 - 08:27 PM.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

03 November 2018 - 08:50 PM

hevvychef

Rookie Trainer

• hevvychef

The energy on your Koko doesn't matter. 1 for the Fairy, 1 for the S.Boost, 100 damage

i know the energy on the koko doesn't matter, i put that in there for the devs for it might be something that could cause said bug. my point is that the Super boost energy should count for 4 energy instead of 1 since the discription of koko's GX says energy, not energy cards.

03 November 2018 - 10:58 PM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

i know the energy on the koko doesn't matter, i put that in there for the devs for it might be something that could cause said bug. my point is that the Super boost energy should count for 4 energy instead of 1 since the discription of koko's GX says energy, not energy cards.

...If you have 3 or more Stage 2 Pokémon in play, it provides every type of Energy but provides 4 Energy at a time.

How many stage 2s did your opponent have out?

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

03 November 2018 - 11:01 PM

nautiscarader

Novice Trainer

• nautiscarader

Super boost only applies 4 energy if one has at least three stage 2 pokemon in play. otherwise, it's one rainbow energy (any energy) if it's attached to stage 2 pokemon and the other requirement is not met, and 1 colorless if neither of them is. 

04 November 2018 - 02:35 PM

hevvychef

Rookie Trainer

• hevvychef

How many stage 2s did your opponent have out?

darn it, i don't remember. That could be it, but i did get KO'd the turn before from full health. so in my memory he had plenty stage 2. i'll play test it as soon as i can to see if the bug is consistent

05 November 2018 - 03:50 AM

Mod_Alder

• Mod_Alder

Hello trainers, thanks everyone for trying to help out a fellow player. 

Moderator Alder
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

05 November 2018 - 09:35 PM

shinygeodude

Veteran Trainer

• shinygeodude

Wait, Super Boost Energy doesn't have to be attached to a stage 2 for it to provide 4 energy, as long as you have at least 3 stage 2s in play? I didn't realize that.

05 November 2018 - 10:34 PM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

Wait, Super Boost Energy doesn't have to be attached to a stage 2 for it to provide 4 energy, as long as you have at least 3 stage 2s in play? I didn't realize that.

According to the Compendium from Feb 8, 2018 (writen by the TPCi Rules Team), SB Energy will only provide 4 energies if both conditions are met. If you attach it to a non-Stage2 Pokemon it will always provide a single colorless energy regardless of how many Stage 2 Pokemon you have in play. I'll agree that the wording is vague, but this is what the official ruling says.

If anyone has been able to activate the 4 Energy effect while having the SB Energy attached to a non-Stage2, THAT would be a bug (again, according to official ruling).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cards, Help, Other