[GENERAL] Login - Cannot Login Due to "Protocol Error"

Login Mac Installation Game Crash PC

• Please log in to reply

31 October 2018 - 12:34 AM

serwiseguy

Rookie Trainer

• serwiseguy

I just downloaded the game today and have played in the past on my MacBook Air. I now have an iMac. The iMac can run the game since I have seen it done. The download and installation had no issues at all. After I log into the game it shows this message: "authentication failure / protocol error." I attempted to restart the client to no avail. I have not tried to reinstall the game yet, hoping there is a way around it. I did check to make sure the game server is up as well. Does anyone have any solution for this error?

31 October 2018 - 12:51 AM

Mod_RedDragon

• Mod_RedDragon

Hey there!

Sorry to hear you are having an issue logging in. Have you tried logging into the website to see if you run into any problems signing in? Also, have you tried rebooting your system by chance?

Moderator RedDragon
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

31 October 2018 - 01:02 AM

serwiseguy

Rookie Trainer

• serwiseguy

Hey there!

Sorry to hear you are having an issue logging in. Have you tried logging into the website to see if you run into any problems signing in? Also, have you tried rebooting your system by chance?

The website hasn't given me any issues at all. I did reboot the Mac earlier, after installation, to do a system update. I updated to Mojave if that matters at all. Know of any other solutions?

31 October 2018 - 01:21 AM

Hrockdric

Rookie Trainer

• Hrockdric

I have the same issue, the game is working if i log in as a guest but not with my credentials 

31 October 2018 - 02:23 AM

BergBowedahl

Rookie Trainer

• BergBowedahl

Also experiencing this issue. Authorization Failure: Protocol Error
Brand new account. Can't play anything except as guest.

31 October 2018 - 03:09 AM

ItsDr0xs

Rookie Trainer

• ItsDr0xs

Hi, i decided to start playing ptcgo and made an account but everytime i try to log in i receive an error saying "authoriztion failure - protocol error". I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game a few times, aswell as trying to use the refresher but nothing has worked is there anyway around this?

Edited by ItsDr0xs, 31 October 2018 - 03:10 AM.

31 October 2018 - 04:18 AM

DagdaIV

Rookie Trainer

• DagdaIV

Add one to this. It's very frustrating. I tried logging in on computer, and on mobile, as well as restarting my device, reinstalling the game, everything.

31 October 2018 - 04:31 AM

Konfusio

Rookie Trainer

• Konfusio

I have the same problem

31 October 2018 - 04:37 AM

Konfusio

Rookie Trainer

• Konfusio

I have the same problem

31 October 2018 - 05:15 AM

Lalimba

Rookie Trainer

• Lalimba

Same here

31 October 2018 - 05:16 AM

juve1989

Rookie Trainer

• juve1989

me too, can't log in

31 October 2018 - 06:57 AM

Dunk3r123144

Rookie Trainer

• Dunk3r123144
Same problem for me on windows, got a few codes to redeem that apparently im just not allowed to...

31 October 2018 - 10:07 AM

wookiehairball

Rookie Trainer

• wookiehairball
Same here, iOS, new account, disappointing.

31 October 2018 - 10:36 AM

Mosaxx

Rookie Trainer

• Mosaxx
Yup same issue on my Samsung phone I can't log into my account only as a guest and sign in on the website is perfectly fine TCG Support please fix this

31 October 2018 - 12:17 PM

MikeyMikeT

Rookie Trainer

• MikeyMikeT

Same issue on PC and Kindle ;-(

31 October 2018 - 12:49 PM

Spicy_Doritos

Rookie Trainer

• Spicy_Doritos

Can't login either, same error.

31 October 2018 - 12:53 PM

Spicy_Doritos

Rookie Trainer

• Spicy_Doritos

Me too, same error.

31 October 2018 - 01:22 PM

lnvictus277

Rookie Trainer

• lnvictus277

i have the same problem. i already do all. uninstall, install again. use de computor , the android. create multiple accounts...... use refresh..... and a lot more......... and again the same error.... please fix it. and give a quick reply about that

31 October 2018 - 02:14 PM

CupCakeGirl79

Rookie Trainer

• CupCakeGirl79
Both my son and I play, my account is new, his old. Both of us (iPad and android) are getting the Authorization Failure Protocol Error Code

31 October 2018 - 03:25 PM

ScorpidAngel

Rookie Trainer

• ScorpidAngel

I too have just created an account last night and I can login to the website just fine but the game client says the same thing as everyone else: Authentication Failure, Protocol Error.  Will continue playing as guest until i can bind the account to the client, but this is very unpleasant coming from a system that has been out for a long time. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Login, Mac, Installation, Game Crash, PC