Lost Thunder cards STILL not visible even after 2.57 patch

• Please log in to reply

30 October 2018 - 08:25 PM

King-Magikarp

Novice Trainer

• King-Magikarp

Usually the entire set is viewable about a week or so prior to the release of a set but Lost Thunder is the first time where this has yet to happen. The update states that it adds support for the new set but so far the only changes I really see are the banners for the new set, the set icon has been added to the filters, and a home page banner stating the set will be released on the 2nd of November.

Many people like myself like to actually see the full set prior to the set releasing to get ideas for what cards may be needed for decks or just to see what the cards look like and what they do. Also its gives people a larger view of the cards in the set.

30 October 2018 - 10:40 PM

Mod_Lyam

• Mod_Lyam

Hi King-Magikarp,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I will send them over to our dev team so they can be taken into consideration.

Enjoy the game!

Moderator Lyam
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

30 October 2018 - 11:56 PM

SonicDream

Novice Trainer

• SonicDream

I think it's fair for them not to have them active until Thursday when the set actually goes live. It would confuse a lot of players that may not know the set goes live on Thursday and they may post offers for cards that aren't even available for trade which could cause it to be a waste of coins and frustration for those players.

Maybe they can add a feature that allows you to preview the set like you can with decks. Make the Booster Pack have a timer, but you can right click it and click the Information icon. Something fun =)

“The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking.       

It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.”                                                                - Albert Einstein

31 October 2018 - 12:28 AM

King-Magikarp

Novice Trainer

• King-Magikarp

I think it's fair for them not to have them active until Thursday when the set actually goes live. It would confuse a lot of players that may not know the set goes live on Thursday and they may post offers for cards that aren't even available for trade which could cause it to be a waste of coins and frustration for those players.

Maybe they can add a feature that allows you to preview the set like you can with decks. Make the Booster Pack have a timer, but you can right click it and click the Information icon. Something fun =)

Older sets when they did this were not able to be included as part of any trade as the cards were not available. The packs and decks were not added to the store until street date so you also were not able to use coins to buy them either. 

31 October 2018 - 02:42 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Usually the entire set is viewable about a week or so prior to the release of a set but Lost Thunder is the first time where this has yet to happen.

Your initial premise is remembered wrong and/or mistaken.  The booster packs have always shown, with a countdown timer, but the individual cards have never been "viewable" before that countdown is finished.  With the last couple sets, we've been able to open boosters the day before release, but before that we had to wait until the actual date.

I've been trying to keep an accurate log of when new cards are added to the game, for all of us.  Look at the top of In-Game Item Exchange section.  This is something I would have noticed (when they were added), so I'm fairly confident that it's never happened in the last year at least.

P.S.  Not that it's a bad idea.  It would be handy for prereleases.

Edited by RobRatt, 31 October 2018 - 02:58 AM.