On October 30, 2018 the Pokémon TCG Online was updated to version 2.57. Changes in this version include:
- Added support for the Pokémon TCG: Sun & Moon—Lost Thunder expansion. This expansion will be available in the game for code redemption on November 1 and in the Shop on November 2. Sun & Moon—Lost Thunder will be legal for use in tournaments starting November 16.
- Event Tickets can no longer be purchased with real money. Unspent Event Tickets previously purchased with real money will continue to be redeemable for entry into tournaments, alongside Event Tickets earned through gameplay bonuses and activities.
- Gems can no longer be purchased with real money and are being retired as a digital currency. Unspent Gems previously purchased with real money will continue to be redeemable in the Shop until December 10. After this date, unspent Gems will be automatically converted to Sun & Moon—Lost Thunder digital booster packs at a rate of 1 pack per 100 Gems, rounded up.
- Alolan Muk (SUM #58): Power of Alchemy no longer prevents the effects of Abilities on some evolved Pokémon from moving Energy to or from a Basic Pokémon.
- Celesteela (CES #100, PR #SM131): Attacks that copy Moon Raker no longer fail if the total of both players' remaining Prize cards was reduced from exactly 6 as a result of the opponent's Celesteela using Moon Raker on the last turn.
- Greninja (PR #XY24): The effect of Mist Concealment is no longer removed if Greninja is moved to the Bench.
- Lucario (BUS #71, PR #SM54): The effect of Stance is no longer removed if Lucario is moved to the Bench.
- Porygon-Z (BUS #105): Initialize now consistently devolves each of the opponent's evolved Pokémon.
- Splash Energy (BKP #113): When a Pokémon with a retaliation effect and Splash Energy attached is Knocked Out by damage from an opponent's attack, the retaliation effect will no longer prevent Splash Energy from returning the Pokémon to its owner's hand.
- Thundurus-EX (PLF #38, 110, PR BW81): The prompt text for Raiden Knuckle now correctly states that the Energy card will be attached to a Benched Pokémon.
- Booster packs that include both a Prism Star card and a Pokémon-GX card will no longer display them in the wrong order.
- Decks are now consistently ordered alphabetically by name in the deck selection window.
- Evolution Pack bundles can now be traded.
- The client should no longer become non-responsive after importing a decklist that includes specific cards.
- Trainer Kits are now properly excluded from the Set Nearest to Completion and Complete Sets portions of the Collection Stats.
- When the Settings menu is opened in the Windows or OSX client the Windowed setting now consistently defaults to a selection that matches the client's current full screen or windowed mode setting.
Pokémon TCG Online Associate Producer
The Pokémon Company International
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!