Sign in to follow this  
Jigglypuffan

Reason of removing gems?

Jigglypuffan

I really don't mind about losing gem.. but its stronger than me.. why??

it was the only way ptcgo could do money.

• Upvote 1

Chasista

Well, indeed, the money is in physical products.

I don't thing the business is into the online game, in any way.

Maybe it's a logistic mess to have the gems feature working, maybe it's more expensive to maintain it than what they win, maybe the amount is not enough in economy graphics, maybe the users are not enough, maybe the experiment didn't work, maybe they have had complaints about the gem products destabilizing the online market prices (LOL)... who knows.

I would love to know why not spreading this to USA, the bigger Pokémon market out of Asia. If the business was not enough only in Canada, open it to new markets. I think it have potential.

Sad to say, I don't think we are going to get an answer here in forums nor in News or other place in the web -_- Review economy newspapers, who knows  :lol: 

• Upvote 1

karljtaylor

it's likely a lot of work to maintain two different currencies for two different versions of the app. I'd be surprised if they entirely eliminate purchases long term. 

Felidae_

I honestly hope that this is just temporarily and with the next update they will reveal a new currency that is available in every region.

More money → more developers been hired → more bugs are fixed → more interesting features can be implemented → more players join the game → more money → rinse and repeat

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Sign in to follow this