KaiLaSo

Senior Trainer

• KaiLaSo
It seems that more and more people are quiting this game

26 October 2018 - 11:58 AM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

Hmm, I can't really say that the game is dying since at least I haven't experienced an increase in queue times (barring legacy, based on what I've heard), which would be a direct effect of having players abandon ship en masse. As for the forums, it can't be denied that they are not as active as they once were. But even so, I don't think that they are dead. Even if a lot of people have left, several others have joined too and have been actively participating. Plus, from time to time you get returning members like myself xd

I don't intend on giving up hope on the PTCGO community. On the contrary, I intend to do everything I can to keep it as vivid as possible. Not like I think of myself as some sort of forum messaiah or anything though, I know there is only so much an individual can do. I simply know that, with the help of the rest of the community, we can keep this game alive (and by that I mean mostly the forum because as long as the physical TCG remains active it's very unlikely that the TCGO will die, regardless of what we forum dwellers do or don't do).

EDIT: btw I remember you from before I left. As you can see, we're still sticking around xD Lets have faith in our community.

Edited by Sakura150612, 26 October 2018 - 07:45 PM.

26 October 2018 - 08:20 PM

Norien711

Rookie Trainer

• Norien711
I, for one, am a new player. I played way back when the original sets were first coming out and I just started collecting again a couple weeks ago. I’ve been impressed by how active the Pokemon community is, actually, and I’m in the middle of nowhere Georgia.

Obviously, if your friends are leaving it might feel like the community is getting smaller, but I think on a whole the community is quite a healthy size.

26 October 2018 - 09:50 PM

XK920XK

Veteran Trainer

• XK920XK

It seems that more and more people are quiting this game

the numbers shows otherwise, according to pokemon official released stats, last month we had the most players then that ive ever seen on.

i think one of the things players like you might feel like its dying is because of the interactions between players.

not too long ago you had to trade and really earn your cards, now they made coins and getting cards very easy for casual players. so this has allowed for basically a single player mode and makes it feel like there are less players on.

27 October 2018 - 02:48 PM

KaiLaSo

Senior Trainer

• KaiLaSo

the numbers shows otherwise, according to pokemon official released stats, last month we had the most players then that ive ever seen on.

i think one of the things players like you might feel like its dying is because of the interactions between players.

not too long ago you had to trade and really earn your cards, now they made coins and getting cards very easy for casual players. so this has allowed for basically a single player mode and makes it feel like there are less players on.

Maybe you are right :( I have played this game for a long time and it doesn't seem to have any interactions between players.... just some emoji face ....

28 October 2018 - 07:28 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

That's good to know. :) May I ask where they release those stats?  I don't know if I've heard of them before.

Also, a note to the forums in general: 

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

This is the first time that's happened to me in months.  Trending up, peepcicles!  We're trending up!  Yes, I think we're going to be just fine. :)

The truth waits for no one.  That which you refuse to see, TPCi, slips past you.  The chat function was never your problem, yet through your blindness, you have made it one.