Spooktober Pokémon TCG Trivia! Win Prizes!

• Please log in to reply

25 October 2018 - 03:54 PM

Mod_Turtle

• Mod_Turtle

Spooktober Pokémon TCG Trivia!

Hello Trainers!

Solve any spooky Pokémon TCG trivia question listed below that hasn't been solved to win your share of rare Halloween themed Avatar Items, Deck Boxes & Sleeves, or a booster pack! Please read the rules posted at the bottom and only solve 1 trivia question. Have fun and share this post with your friends so they can win prizes too!

Feel free to use the official Pokémon TCG Database for research!

UPDATE: All Red questions have been solved!

UPDATE 2: All questions have been solved! Congratulations and thank you to all trainers who participated in this event!

1. Gastly - Crimson Invasion #36, What is the retreat cost for Gastly?

2. Haunter - Crimson Invasion #37, What is the resistance for Haunter?

3. Gengar - Crimson Invasion #38, What is the retreat cost for Gengar?

4. Marshadow - Shining Legends #45, How many cards does the Ability Let Loose allow each player to draw after shuffling their hands into their decks?

5. Misdreavus - Crimson Invasion #38, How much base HP does Misdreavus have?

6. Shuppet - Celestial Storm #63, How much damage does Will-O-Wisp do?

7. Banette - Celestial Storm #65, What color is the lamp shade on this card?

8. Duskull - Burning Shadows #51, The attack Dark Guidance allows you to put a basic Pokémon on your bench from where?

9. Dusclops - Burning Shadows #52, What is the retreat cost for Dusclops?

10. Drifloon - Ultra Prism #51, What is the weakness for Drifloon?

11. Drifblim - Ultra Prism #52, What is the energy cost for Damage Transport?

12. Mismagius - Crimson Invasion #40, The attack Dark Arts does 20x damage for each what?

13. Spiritomb - Ultra Prism #52, The attack Lightless World allows you to put 2 of what type of cards from your discard pile into your hand?

14. Dusknoir - Burning Shadows #53, How much base HP does Dusknoir have?

15. Hoopa - Forbidden Light #54, The attack Hyperspace Ring allows you to search your deck and add 2 of what type of cards to your hand?

16. Giratina - Ultra Prism #53, How many and what type of energy cards does Ability Chaotic Star allow you to attach to Girantina when played from your hand to your bench?

17. Pumpkaboo - Crimson Invasion #44, What is the retreat cost for Pumpkaboo?

18. Gourgeist - Crimson Invasion #45, How much extra damage does the attack Pumpkin Bomb do for each tool card discarded from each of your Pokémon?

19. Sandygast - Burning Shadows #61, What is the retreat cost for Sandygast?

20. Mimikyu - Guardians Rising #58, How many cards does the attack Filch allow you to draw?

21. Lunala - Ultra Prism #62, The attack Psystorm does 20x damage for each energy attached to where?

22. Dark Wings Necrozma-GX - Ultra Prism #63, #143, #161, What is the weakness for Dark Wings Necrozma-GX?

23. Yamask - Noble Victories #44, The attack Perplex allows you to flip a coin. If heads, what does the attack do?

24. Darkrai - Ultra Prism #77, How many and what type of energy cards does Ability Nightmare Star allow you to attach to Darkrai when played from your hand to your bench?

25. Litwick - Guardians Rising #11, What is the weakness for Litwick?

26. Lampent - Guardians Rising #12, How much damage does Will-O-Wisp do?

27. Chandelure - Guardians Rising #13, How much base HP does Chandelure have?

28. Phantump - Guardians Rising #6, Which other spooky Pokémon is featured on this card?

29. Trevenant - Guardians Rising #7, The attack Poltergeist does 30x the amount of what type of cards in your opponents hand?

30. Sableye - Celestial Storm #88, The Ability Excavate allows you to look at the top card of your deck once per turn and do what with it if you choose?

Only 1 entry is allowed per trainer. Please only post 1 answer and allow other trainers the opportunity to join this event and win prizes! Once a trivia question has been solved, it cannot be solved again.

This event ends Oct 30th 11:59 PM PDT. Any responses posted after the event end time will not count for prizes.

Prizes will be trade locked special event items ranging from Halloween themed Avatar Items to Deck Boxes & Sleeves. Trainers may also opt for 1 trade locked Dragon Majesty booster pack. Please note in your reply which prize you prefer (Avatar Items, or Deck Boxes/Sleeves, or 1 booster pack).

For more spooky Pokémon Halloween content, be sure to check out the official Pokémon Halloween site! You'll find awesome Pokémon pumpkin carving stencils, Pokémon Center Halloween information, and a spine-chilling article about the 13 scariest Pokémon locales. Make sure to check out the bottom of the page for Pokémon Halloween content submitted by trainers around the world! Some of the costumes and pumpkins are absolutely amazing!

Have fun Trainers!

Moderator Turtle
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
“Shello, how may I help you today?”

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

27 October 2018 - 03:19 PM

Loof6

Veteran Trainer

• Loof6

1. Gastly - Crimson Invasion #36, What is the retreat cost for Gastly?

The retrat cost for this Gastly is 1.

I would prefer Deck Boxes & Sleeves. Thanks.

27 October 2018 - 04:27 PM

Princess_Aurora

Veteran Trainer

• Princess_Aurora
Interesting, I never thought that I’ll see any official events. I’ll add a tradable Shining Legends booster pack to any trainers who answers a question after me AND is active on the forums. Please send friend requests to The_Archives, he’ll handle everything.

24. (Off the top of my head, so might not be accurate) Nightmare Star allows you to attach two Dark-type energies from your hand to Darkrai when you play it.

I would prefer avatar items, please. Anything Gardevoir-related, if possible. ^.^

Edited by Princess_Aurora, 27 October 2018 - 04:33 PM.

Friendship is magic!

27 October 2018 - 08:21 PM

Zeroarchy

Junior Trainer

• Zeroarchy

27. Chandelure - Guardians Rising #13, How much base HP does Chandelure have?

140HP

I would like boosters, thanks.

^Also, I don't think I'm active enough to claim that shining booster

28 October 2018 - 01:12 AM

TogeDelques

Rookie Trainer

• TogeDelques

4. Marshadow - Shining Legends #45, How many cards does the Ability Let Loose allow each player to draw after shuffling their hands into their decks?

4 cards, booster packs please :]

28 October 2018 - 01:27 AM

WingsofFire1014

Senior Trainer

• WingsofFire1014
21. Lunala. 20x the amount of energy attached to all pokemon.

Booster pack is what I would prefer.
Try try again. Never ever quit.

28 October 2018 - 04:04 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

Wait.  Actually? (checks date) No, it's not April First. (Checks date in Japan) Nope.  Still not April 1.  :o 

I honestly don't believe it.  This is like all my wishes in one little event.  I'm just waiting for somebody to tell me it's a prank.  But...  While I'm waiting, may as well join in, yes?  :cool: 

Numba twenny: Filch draws two cards. 

Avatar items are preferred, but you probably knew that about me already. I've been less than subtle in the past.  :P 

The truth waits for no one.  That which you refuse to see, TPCi, slips past you.  The chat function was never your problem, yet through your blindness, you have made it one.

28 October 2018 - 10:06 AM

Felidae_

Elite Trainer

• Felidae_

25. Litwick - Guardians Rising #11, What is the weakness for Litwick?

The poor little candle is weak to water :(.

I'd like the deckbox + sleeves. Thanks a lot :).

Btw: It's a bit selfish, but I'd highly appreciate if the Pumpkin head won't return^^.

The shadows of the abyss are like the petals of a monstrous flower that shall blossom within the skull and expand the mind beyond what any man can bear, but whether it decays under the earth or above on green fields, or out to sea or in the very air, all shall come to revelation, and to revel, in the knowledge of the strangling fruit - and the hand of the sinner shall rejoice, for there is no sin in shadow or in light that the seeds of the dead cannot forgive...

28 October 2018 - 12:10 PM

RexUltimus111

Junior Trainer

• RexUltimus111

3. Gengar - Crimson Invasion #38, What is the retreat cost for Gengar?

The retreat cost for Gengar is 0.

I would like the avatar set pls.

28 October 2018 - 05:21 PM

dMm

Senior Trainer

• dMm

12. Mismagius - Crimson Invasion #40, The attack Dark Arts does 20x damage for each what?

Answer: for each card in your opponent's hand

I'd like a booster pack

28 October 2018 - 08:14 PM

picsupes

Junior Trainer

• picsupes

30. Sableye - Celestial Storm #88, The Ability Excavate allows you to look at the top card of your deck once per turn and do what with it if you choose?

Sableye's Excavate ability allows you to look at the top card of your deck and discard it if you wish.

I would prefer the deckbox+sleeves as my prize. Thanks!

Edited by picsupes, 28 October 2018 - 08:17 PM.

29 October 2018 - 06:11 PM

SonicDream

Novice Trainer

• SonicDream
I'm really happy to see Pokemon doing this, it is fun =) I think the Number of this card is #39

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/pokemon-cards/sm-series/sm4/39/

5. Misdreavus - Crimson Invasion #38, How much base HP does Misdreavus have?

Base HP is 60HP, I would prefer Avatar items.

Thank You =)

Edited by SonicDream, 29 October 2018 - 08:47 PM.

“The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking.       

It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.”                                                                - Albert Einstein

29 October 2018 - 06:43 PM

Trainer801979

Rookie Trainer

• Trainer801979
16. Giratina - Ultra Prism #53, How many and what type of energy cards does Ability Chaotic Star allow you to attach to Girantina when played from your hand to your bench?

2 psychic energies
Prefer avatar thank you

29 October 2018 - 08:37 PM

zebra123454321

Novice Trainer

• zebra123454321

#14 Dusknoir from Burning Shadows has 150 HP

I prefer Halloween Themed avatar items (female) 

Thanks ^_^ this Halloween trivia is awesome!

Edited by zebra123454321, 29 October 2018 - 08:39 PM.

Im just a pokemon loving zebra  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

29 October 2018 - 08:45 PM

WelshPika

Rookie Trainer

• WelshPika

6. Shuppet - Celestial Storm #63, How much damage does Will-O-Wisp do? The answer is 20
I like any sleeves or boxes please :-) 
Thanks for the trivia! 

Edited by WelshPika, 29 October 2018 - 08:46 PM.

29 October 2018 - 08:51 PM

micromaster

Novice Trainer

• micromaster

23. Yamask - Noble Victories #44, The attack Perplex allows you to flip a coin. If heads, what does the attack do?

If heads, the defending pokemon is now confused.

I would prefer halloween themed avatar items, thank you

29 October 2018 - 09:29 PM

8_Bit_Kraken

Novice Trainer

• 8_Bit_Kraken

28. Phantump - Guardians Rising #6, Which other spooky Pokémon is featured on this card?
Answer: Mimikyu

I would prefer Halloween themed avatar items :D

Edited by 8_Bit_Kraken, 29 October 2018 - 09:29 PM.

29 October 2018 - 09:46 PM

Chasista

Elite Trainer

• Chasista

15. Hoopa - Forbidden Light #54, The attack Hyperspace Ring allows you to search your deck and add 2 of what type of cards to your hand?

> Two Item cards to your hand !

I'd like a Dragon Majesty pack if it's right. Thank you.

WE WANT LEGACY TOURNAMENTS BACK !!! If you also want it, show your support http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/55966-feedback-making-it-easier-to-get-the-cards-you-want/

5th day reward packs list http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/56679-5th-day-log-in-pack-is-random-got-a-gur-dd/?p=593037

Foro en español, también existe: http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/2-español/

IGN Chasista

30 October 2018 - 11:29 AM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

A lot of holes, and no one actively moderating this to track which have been taken.

So:

2. Haunter - Crimson Invasion #37, Resistance is  Fighting-20

Sleeves/box please.

1 3 4 5 6 12 14 15 16 20 21 23 24 25 27 28 30 and now #2 have been answered.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

30 October 2018 - 01:58 PM

XK920XK

Veteran Trainer

• XK920XK

7. Banette - Celestial Storm #65, What color is the lamp shade on this card?

Pink

Sleeves/box please.