Stop being overly greedy & stingy

• Please log in to reply

25 October 2018 - 02:06 AM

Mystik4sT

Rookie Trainer

• Mystik4sT

You've been told numerous times the no compensation for >4 trade locked cards is an issue. 

You are the only online card game in existence that still shafts its paying customers with non-trade-able digital duplicates.

Stop it.  Stop.  Bad company.  *rubs nose in excessive profits by shorting consumer*

I've heard some pathetic pleas to 'end it' and give us 5 or 10gold for a GX 5th copy.  5 or 10 gold? As if we have to barter with them for a pathetic pittance of 5-10gold for a 5th GX?

Hey guys, we pay their salary.  We are the reason this game has a player-base, we are the reason money goes to them; this is a two-way street -- and they are not our overlords.

Get your act together, both you guys who are asking for pathetically low pity money 'just to get something', and gamefreak/nintendo with their over stinginess and greed.

25 October 2018 - 02:24 AM

WingsofFire1014

Senior Trainer

• WingsofFire1014
As far as I am concerned, you are only supposed to post nice and positive things on these threads. You should keep your opinions off these forums.
Try try again. Never ever quit.

25 October 2018 - 02:57 AM

Mystik4sT

Rookie Trainer

• Mystik4sT

As far as I am concerned, you are only supposed to post nice and positive things on these threads. You should keep your opinions off these forums.

Well, its good thats only as far as you are concerned; if everyone were like you, real problems would never get tackled.

Thank you for adding nothing to the discussion.

Edited by Mystik4sT, 25 October 2018 - 02:58 AM.

25 October 2018 - 03:05 AM

XK920XK

Veteran Trainer

• XK920XK

You've been told numerous times the no compensation for >4 trade locked cards is an issue. 

You are the only online card game in existence that still shafts its paying customers with non-trade-able digital duplicates.

Stop it.  Stop.  Bad company.  *rubs nose in excessive profits by shorting consumer*

I've heard some pathetic pleas to 'end it' and give us 5 or 10gold for a GX 5th copy.  5 or 10 gold? As if we have to barter with them for a pathetic pittance of 5-10gold for a 5th GX?

Hey guys, we pay their salary.  We are the reason this game has a player-base, we are the reason money goes to them; this is a two-way street -- and they are not our overlords.

Get your act together, both you guys who are asking for pathetically low pity money 'just to get something', and gamefreak/nintendo with their over stinginess and greed.

you do realize that the locked cards are just freebies the game gives you.  they can just say no more freebies and everything has to be loaded in via card codes. imagine that. 

25 October 2018 - 05:08 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

^^ To answer this...

The truth is not mean or negative.  It's just the truth.  There's a big difference between being respectful (i.e. not trolling or insulting), and talking with a mouth full of sugar.  The latter is misguided, and not honest.  I believe the OP is wrong in his approach, but all opinions should be welcome.  The Company (TPCi) has no feelings to violate.

On topic:  It would be nice if they let us do something with the extra cards.  Even if they're free.  I would love to give them away to new players, since I collect 4 playable copies anyway.  But I like the idea of trading them for Tokens too, well, just because I'd get more free stuff, and that's always fun.

Edited by RobRatt, 25 October 2018 - 05:18 AM.

25 October 2018 - 12:12 PM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

you do realize that the locked cards are just freebies the game gives you.  they can just say no more freebies and everything has to be loaded in via card codes. imagine that. 

Once more, it's exactly as XK9 says. Everything in this game that is tradelocked is either 100% free, or gets bought with in-game currency (which is also free). Anything you actually PAY for with real money is TRADABLE. So, no, paying customers are not getting shafted with non-tradable stuff because paying customers receive their money's worth in tradable items.

In fact, the game is kind enough to provide you with tradable packs even if you don't invest a single cent into it. You can use your freely obtained tickets (if you're buying tickets with real money, we need to have a conversation. Around these parts it's considered general knowledge that they're not worth the price) in order to participate in tournaments and earn TRADABLE packs.

If you're like me and prefer seeing the glass half-full, you could even say you're "earning money" (or at least saving money) by earning tradable packs at 0 cost. The conversion really only goes codes-->packs and not the other way around, but consider that IRL a code is worth aproximately 30 cents. If across several months you've earned 100+ packs, you've technically saved yourself 30 USD that you would have otherwise needed to spend in codes. If you don't buy codes and only buy actual booster packs, you're actually saving yourself around 5 USD for each free tradable pack you earn. (Although to be fair to you, this would be a rather optimistic point of view and I don't expect everyone to share it).

Either way, the bottom line is that you, as a paying customer, will always get your money's worth, and not any less. All physical products have a code (AFAIK at least) that will give you a tradable virtual copy. Everything that's tradelocked was free to begin with. 

I hope this can change your perspective in this subject of matter.

Edited by Sakura150612, 25 October 2018 - 12:15 PM.

25 October 2018 - 03:28 PM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

...except for the tins.

You buy those tins, you enter the codes from them, and there are 7 cards you can trade out of what you get. 6 of those are energy.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

25 October 2018 - 06:28 PM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

...except for the tins.

You buy those tins, you enter the codes from them, and there are 7 cards you can trade out of what you get. 6 of those are energy.

Ah, I see. I haven't bought anything  other than single booster packs as of late, so I figured that there might have been one without a code (or a dissappointing code in this case, I guess) that I didn't know of. Thanks for pointing this one out.

27 October 2018 - 11:02 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

...except for the tins.

Well, for it tin itself, yes.  It comes with a custom (locked) theme deck, which includes two copies of the card displayed in the tin window.  One of those two is tradeable, as well as the energies you mention.  But the four packs inside still have the normal codes, so you technically get a little bit more than even- though honestly nobody cares about the energies.

Edited by SuperStone, 27 October 2018 - 11:02 PM.

The truth waits for no one.  That which you refuse to see, TPCi, slips past you.  The chat function was never your problem, yet through your blindness, you have made it one.