Oh boy, where do I even begin? 2 years after leaving... I'm back.

• Please log in to reply

24 October 2018 - 06:00 PM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

Hello PTCGO forums, 

I don't know how many of you who remember me are still sticking around, but almost 2 years after retiering, today I'm officially returning to this game. It's been a very long 2 years and a bunch of stuff has happened in my life since then (which I can't go into detail with since forum rules limit the sharing of personal information, and most of the people reading this won't really care anyways since after so long I'm basically just one more new face xd).

To be honest, the reasons for which I initally left (pretty much all having to do with my private life and not the game state or anything) haven't been completely resolved. EDIT: for those of you who remember my farewell thread, I had quite the serious issue to deal with. At that time, I honestly thought my only option was to go dry and never touch a videogame ever again. Now, after many hardships and attempts to regain control of my life, I've managed to return little by little to my hobby without having to forsake everything else. I'm still not 100% confident on myself, and I may have to once more leave when I return to college in March 2019. But I'll do my best for this to not have to be that way. With the help I've received, I'm hoping I will be able to both do the things I like and live out a normal (real) life without having to sacrifice one or the other.

(Like with my farewell thread, Mods can edit out anything that they deem innapropriate for the forum. Incidentally, I noticed that my farewelll thread was not only allowed to stay, but was also left entirely untouched. For this, I am very thankful. You have my gratitude, PTCGO forum staff members).

But enough of this sob story; right now I'm here and I'm back to play some Pokemon TCG and write a few more absurdly long walls of text xD

A lot of things seem to have changed while I was gone. It's sad to see Legacy tournaments gone, the big TCs currenly closed and the forum activity overall decreased (not like I did it any favors by quitting lol). But at the same time, I'm happy to see some new people and some of the good old forum dwellers still sticking around and helping people as they always had (I'm looking forward to talking to you once more, Felidae, my friend :D).

As you can imagine, I'm rather outdated on a lot of things, both game-related and forum-related. I'll take a while to catch up. But even so, I'll try to the best of my ability to contribute to this community once more.

I'm really exited to be back. Expect to see me around doing stuff from time to time. I'm in your care, everyone.

(PS: I was going to post this in the feedback section as per the tradition of farewell and returning threads, but I decided to respect the forum rules for a change and put this in the appropriate section. At least I hope I did, I'm going to be very sad if I still put it in the wrong section xd)

Edited by Sakura150612, 24 October 2018 - 09:50 PM.

24 October 2018 - 11:28 PM

WingsofFire1014

Senior Trainer

• WingsofFire1014
Hello! Welcome back!

There are so many areas where you can start.

You can try looking at some websites that give you basic information about the current format
Try try again. Never ever quit.

25 October 2018 - 12:28 AM

XK920XK

Veteran Trainer

• XK920XK

welcome back, i remember you, i was just starting to post stuff on this forum when you were leaving the game, i remember you made a coin flip RNG thread.

25 October 2018 - 12:43 AM

Mod_RedDragon

• Mod_RedDragon

Hey there!

Welcome back!  :cool:

Moderator RedDragon
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

25 October 2018 - 01:03 AM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

Thanks guys :) Much appreciated, it feels good to be back.

welcome back, i remember you, i was just starting to post stuff on this forum when you were leaving the game, i remember you made a coin flip RNG thread.

Yeah, I do remember seeing you around a little at around the same time I left. Nice to hear that my little experiment is remembered even after this long xd Actually, one of the things that reminded me of the PTCGO and got me nostalgic is that, for several different reasons, I ended up revisiting my math as of late and I've had to work with probabilities and combinations specifically. It didn't take me too long to recall the coin flip experiment and made me feel like looking at it again now that I've dusted off my math notebooks. I don't actually intend to make a new experiment anytime soon, but I might again some day if the topic gathers enough interest and I have enough time to do it.

25 October 2018 - 02:22 AM

WingsofFire1014

Senior Trainer

• WingsofFire1014
I know you have never seen me. I am rather new here, but am trying to do my best to help others! I hope you enjoy all that has happened.

P.S. On the in game item exchange, you should enter the every single Pokemon GX giveaway. Lord Kieta runs it and hands out GX's when people post. There is more to it. You could try it since you seem to not be fully familiar with the current meta. It could help you get started.

25 October 2018 - 02:49 AM

GrewupGeek

Veteran Trainer

• GrewupGeek

Welcome back, hope some of the changes done while you were gone weren't too much of a shock for you.

25 October 2018 - 02:52 AM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

I know you have never seen me. I am rather new here, but am trying to do my best to help others! I hope you enjoy all that has happened.

P.S. On the in game item exchange, you should enter the every single Pokemon GX giveaway. Lord Kieta runs it and hands out GX's when people post. There is more to it. You could try it since you seem to not be fully familiar with the current meta. It could help you get started.

Yes, I see you joined over a year after my departure. I lurked a liitle around here before coming back in full, so I've seen you in 1 or two posts trying to make guides. I love seeing this comunity help each other, so I appreciate your efforts as well as your suggestions to me to get started.

On a side note, I see you and Felidae have already had some... differences in opinion, to phrase it diplomatically. But don't worry about it. In the end, both of you mean well and desire to help this community as much as possible. Back in the day, I, too, had some heated discussions with some other forum members, which had varying results. We old timers may be sharp-tounged some times, but we really do mean to improve the community as much as possible. Try to get along with him if you can, and I guarantee you that things will sail along very smoothly. (While I'm at it, my apologies in advance if you ever end up on the receiving end of my snark xd)

I did see LordKieta's threadand it gave me a mini heart attack when I did. Since he's giving away all his GXs I thought he was preparing to exit the stage just like I did a while back. I really hope he's not intending on quitting q.q

Anyways, I'll see about joining too. To be honest, for me it feels beter to give than to  receive, but we'll  see. If I require the help, I'll make sure to ask.

Looking forward to working with you. Let's have a good one while we're at it :) 

25 October 2018 - 02:56 AM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

Welcome back, hope some of the changes done while you were gone weren't too much of a shock for you.

Thank you!

To be honest, I'm still digesting all the new things and learning about the things that are gone. As far as my first impressions go, the game is still looking pretty good. Kind of sad about Puzzle of Time, but good riddance with FotGP xD  It seems that the ladder is easier to grind now that's nice.

But either way, the changes haven't beeing that much of a shock to me. Thank you for your concern :)

25 October 2018 - 06:26 AM

Mod_Gunning

Senior Trainer

• Mod_Gunning

Hi Sakura150612,

Welcome back! It is nice to know you were able to resolve your issues. Hope you are here to stay and enjoy gaming and life!

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

25 October 2018 - 12:17 PM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

Thanks :) Still got some pending business but for the time being all is good. I do intend to stick around this time.

25 October 2018 - 12:46 PM

WingsofFire1014

Senior Trainer

• WingsofFire1014

Yes, I see you joined over a year after my departure. I lurked a liitle around here before coming back in full, so I've seen you in 1 or two posts trying to make guides. I love seeing this comunity help each other, so I appreciate your efforts as well as your suggestions to me to get started.

On a side note, I see you and Felidae have already had some... differences in opinion, to phrase it diplomatically. But don't worry about it. In the end, both of you mean well and desire to help this community as much as possible. Back in the day, I, too, had some heated discussions with some other forum members, which had varying results. We old timers may be sharp-tounged some times, but we really do mean to improve the community as much as possible. Try to get along with him if you can, and I guarantee you that things will sail along very smoothly. (While I'm at it, my apologies in advance if you ever end up on the receiving end of my snark xd)

I did see LordKieta's threadand it gave me a mini heart attack when I did. Since he's giving away all his GXs I thought he was preparing to exit the stage just like I did a while back. I really hope he's not intending on quitting q.q

Anyways, I'll see about joining too. To be honest, for me it feels beter to give than to  receive, but we'll  see. If I require the help, I'll make sure to ask.

Looking forward to working with you. Let's have a good one while we're at it :)

Yes, me and Felidae have had our moments. But of late, it is starting to work out.

25 October 2018 - 10:31 PM

Felidae_

Elite Trainer

• Felidae_

Welcome back my friend :). I send you a little care package.

For anything further: PN me.

P.S.: It's good to see that in one day you already posted more than Rob, Chasista nad me combined in like a week :D.

The shadows of the abyss are like the petals of a monstrous flower that shall blossom within the skull and expand the mind beyond what any man can bear, but whether it decays under the earth or above on green fields, or out to sea or in the very air, all shall come to revelation, and to revel, in the knowledge of the strangling fruit - and the hand of the sinner shall rejoice, for there is no sin in shadow or in light that the seeds of the dead cannot forgive...

25 October 2018 - 11:56 PM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

Welcome back my friend :). I send you a little care package.

For anything further: PN me.

P.S.: It's good to see that in one day you already posted more than Rob, Chasista nad me combined in like a week :D.

Duuuude, you're awesome man xD Thank you so much. Right now I can access the forums any day, but my actual playing days are currently limited to Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to open my early birthday gift (comming up in 8 days xd you almost hit the exact day completely by coincidence). I'm so happy to be cooperating with you once more. I'll take up on your offer and ask you in case I need anything.

To the PS, the excitement and hype from returning got to me, what else can I say xD I had forgotten how much I loved doing this kind of stuff. I'm so relieved to know that my diagnosis is not abyssmal enough that I had to quit forever. I still need to work on my time management though.

Anyways, glad to be back in business. Thank you for everything, Felidae :)

EDIT: Opened my gift. Thank you so much dude, you're the best xD

Edited by Sakura150612, 26 October 2018 - 07:44 PM.

28 October 2018 - 03:53 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

Glad to see you back, Sakura!  You got here at what I think is the weirdest point the Standard format's been at since the NxD chaos.  The meta is really fuzzy, and the only deck that's objectively tier one is buzzwole/garbodor- which is by its very nature a GX-counter deck.  :huh: So... Good timing, I guess!  :D Expanded's still fun, though, as long as you can handle the extremely competitive Trevvy and Whale decks going around.  Banning the Hex Maniac makes them a lot harder to deal with.

I haven't been posting much lately myself- I've had a lot less free time.  But one of my big time-swallowers just finished up, so I'll probably go back to being actually helpful and not just pointing out technicalities.  :P I'm thinking about organizing a Pokemon Triathlon (not to be confused with Pkmn Adventures's Tri-Pokemon)- don't know if you'd be interested.  I posted a thread to gauge community reaction and basically didn't get one, but I don't know how to take a hint and I think the forums are picking up energy anyway, so I'll gonna keep shouting into the wind.  :) 

I see you've already dropped a few text walls.  There's always that "oof" moment when you have to scroll down to see the end of a post, but it's good to see you're back in full spirit.  Too bad you've got to restart your collection, though.  If it's Archie and NM you're shooting for, I don't know if there's much I can do to help, but I might be able to send you a few things. :) I'm a bit better off now than when you last were here.  

At any rate, it's always great to have one more old-timer on the Putsgof.  Let us hope it stays under control this time- if you just have four months, you're really going to have to cram in all your great content.  ;)

-(Iron Island, signing off)

Edited by SuperStone, 28 October 2018 - 03:56 AM.

The truth waits for no one.  That which you refuse to see, TPCi, slips past you.  The chat function was never your problem, yet through your blindness, you have made it one.

28 October 2018 - 04:39 PM

Oldschool1990

Veteran Trainer

• Oldschool1990

Hey there,

hope you've been doing well all this time.

Tbh, some parts of this forum have gone from bad to worse.

Trolls just make weird rant threads in a contest about who can reach -1000 rep first.

People not really reading your posts, just stating that what they feel must be true because bananas. That's why I only rarely frequent this forum to keep a look at my theme deck stuffs.

I'm sure your contributions will raise the overall level of discussions in this forum.  :)

Just don't overdo it.

Writing stuff can take hours, not reading stuff that other people wrote literally takes 0 seconds.

You get my point.  :cool:

Nice to have you back! ;)

Edited by Oldschool1990, 28 October 2018 - 04:39 PM.

Specialized on Theme Deck Tournaments.

Contra principia negantem non est disputandum.

30 October 2018 - 03:46 AM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

Glad to see you back, Sakura!  You got here at what I think is the weirdest point the Standard format's been at since the NxD chaos.  The meta is really fuzzy, and the only deck that's objectively tier one is buzzwole/garbodor- which is by its very nature a GX-counter deck.  :huh: So... Good timing, I guess!  :D Expanded's still fun, though, as long as you can handle the extremely competitive Trevvy and Whale decks going around.  Banning the Hex Maniac makes them a lot harder to deal with.

I haven't been posting much lately myself- I've had a lot less free time.  But one of my big time-swallowers just finished up, so I'll probably go back to being actually helpful and not just pointing out technicalities.  :P I'm thinking about organizing a Pokemon Triathlon (not to be confused with Pkmn Adventures's Tri-Pokemon)- don't know if you'd be interested.  I posted a thread to gauge community reaction and basically didn't get one, but I don't know how to take a hint and I think the forums are picking up energy anyway, so I'll gonna keep shouting into the wind.  :) 

I see you've already dropped a few text walls.  There's always that "oof" moment when you have to scroll down to see the end of a post, but it's good to see you're back in full spirit.  Too bad you've got to restart your collection, though.  If it's Archie and NM you're shooting for, I don't know if there's much I can do to help, but I might be able to send you a few things. :) I'm a bit better off now than when you last were here.  

At any rate, it's always great to have one more old-timer on the Putsgof.  Let us hope it stays under control this time- if you just have four months, you're really going to have to cram in all your great content.  ;)

-(Iron Island, signing off)

Long time no see, SuperStone  xD It's good to see that you're still around as well, even if you don't have as much time available as before. 

I guess I'm having somewhat of a hard time grasping the current meta compared to what it used to be some years ago. Particularly, playing my favorite Expanded decks has felt really awkward without Puzzle of Time, since I have to be much more careful about what I discard. The other day I found myself discarding most of my Superior Energy Retrievals just trying to get the T1 Archie, so I was pretty stuck after that. I'm sure that there is a more consistant way of doing it but I basically have to re-learn to play the deck from scratch since the old combos discard too many things that I can't recover. Anyway, I don't think I'm doing too bad, just need some time to adapt. Oh, and strangely enough, I've yet to find any Whales even though it's considered by many to be at the top of the meta xd No idea why though.

I'll look into your idea later (right now I need to go to sleep xd). At the very least, I'm curious about what it is so I'll check it out. If you could give me the link that'd be great, but if not then I'll just use the filters to search it.

Many thanks for your helping offer :) If there is anything in particular that I need that won't be asking for too much I'll let you know.

Hey there,

Trolls just make weird rant threads in a contest about who can reach -1000 rep first.

People not really reading your posts, just stating that what they feel must be true because bananas. That's why I only rarely frequent this forum to keep a look at my theme deck stuffs.

I'm sure your contributions will raise the overall level of discussions in this forum.  :)

Just don't overdo it.

Writing stuff can take hours, not reading stuff that other people wrote literally takes 0 seconds.

Hi xd Been doing well, thank you.

Hmm, I see what you mean, although I don't think too many people make it past -100 xD Xensor, the man, the legend, made it to almost exactly -100 but then got permabanned. Other than him I don't think anyone has made it that far. It's practically an achievent all of its own xddddd

But back on topic, I really do know what you mean. I know a lot of people won't read the massive walls of text I write, so the effort-to-payoff ratio might not exactly be high. But for some reason, it's oddly satisfying to drop a few every now and then, and I do know that at least a few people will take the time to read them. I'll keep it reasonable though, I'll try to not overdo it.

Edited by Sakura150612, 30 October 2018 - 03:49 AM.

31 October 2018 - 01:15 AM

WingsofFire1014

Senior Trainer

• WingsofFire1014

Hey there,

Just don't overdo it.

YES! All the random university of blah blah blah and others things are so annoying!

31 October 2018 - 10:21 AM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

YES! All the random university of blah blah blah and others things are so annoying!

Oh, you mean the guy spamming threads in Chinese? That guy isn't even tryng to get negative rep, he just gets his multiple accounts instabanned shortly after spamming xD I have no idea what he's trying to accomplish unless he just wants to be annoying.

31 October 2018 - 01:05 PM

WingsofFire1014

Senior Trainer

• WingsofFire1014
The spam is happening now! There is a guy with a bad word in his name.