Purpose of befriending

• Please log in to reply

22 October 2018 - 09:24 PM

jahguy7

Rookie Trainer

• jahguy7

I've been playing for about a year or so, but primarily on my android device, where the add a friend option is grayed out. What are the benefits of adding friends? What ways are there to do it? And do you still get rewards for playing them? Thanks for your help!

22 October 2018 - 10:03 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

When "Add a Friend" is grayed out, I believe that's because you've turned off these Settings in your PTCGO account, or there are age restrictions.  Not because of the device you're on.

To check your Settings, you'll want to log in to the main Pokémon site, and change your Social Preferences (for PTCGO) to Open  ...or either customize it, which is another option.

As far as I've seen, you don't get any type of reward for playing Friend battles.  But that's one of the advantages of having friends in your list.  You can play custom games at your leisure.  When they're in your Friend List, you have the ability to see when they are online (they're Green), so that you can Chat privately.  Also -- and I think this is the main reason players Add Friends -- you can trade cards without going to Public Offers, and are able to see what they have available (tagged For Trade in their "binder"), or if you have any that are on their For Want list.

Edited by RobRatt, 22 October 2018 - 10:18 PM.

22 October 2018 - 11:15 PM

jahguy7

Rookie Trainer

• jahguy7
Oh wow,I never saw that in the settings! Who knows how many friends and trades I could have had over the years. Thanks!

25 October 2018 - 02:55 PM

Fyrerabbit33

Rookie Trainer

• Fyrerabbit33

hi im looking for a friend to play with and talk shop, im Fyrerabbit33 please and thank you

29 October 2018 - 05:00 PM

OrigBitmancer

Novice Trainer

• OrigBitmancer
My social prefs show Open on the main site. This is how to use it.

I went to Manage Friends on my Profile. The search button shows context Members.
I typed in the name I wanted to befriend. Then I clicked on the name as it came up in the list of results. Then I saw Add Friend button. Magic!

Edited by OrigBitmancer, 29 October 2018 - 05:12 PM.

TCG Trainer from original release through Neo 4; then Diamond & Pearl block; now Sun & Moon.

League Leader for Horizon Games (Webster TX), then Skirmish Games (Deer Park TX); pending for Gerard’s Gaming (Webster TX).