any old set is comming to ptcgo ?

• Please log in to reply

19 October 2018 - 09:03 AM

xXahmadXx

Rookie Trainer

• xXahmadXx

hiiii guys

its the 1st time i post something , and i was wandering if there is any old set coming to the online game . or if there is any possibility to be added to the game

thank you very much

19 October 2018 - 01:17 PM

Felidae_

Elite Trainer

• Felidae_

Sadly, the chance of seeing older sets are almost 0%.

The shadows of the abyss are like the petals of a monstrous flower that shall blossom within the skull and expand the mind beyond what any man can bear, but whether it decays under the earth or above on green fields, or out to sea or in the very air, all shall come to revelation, and to revel, in the knowledge of the strangling fruit - and the hand of the sinner shall rejoice, for there is no sin in shadow or in light that the seeds of the dead cannot forgive...

19 October 2018 - 03:40 PM

xXahmadXx

Rookie Trainer

• xXahmadXx

Sadly, the chance of seeing older sets are almost 0%.

why ??? there is any reason they cannot add old sets ???

19 October 2018 - 04:14 PM

Mod_Lyam

• Mod_Lyam

Hi Trainers,

We are unable to provide information for anything that has not been publicly announced. We recommend keeping an eye on the website for more details!

However, I will send your question as feedback to our dev team so it can be considered for future updates. 

Thank you!

Moderator Lyam
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

19 October 2018 - 04:19 PM

samuraison

Veteran Trainer

• samuraison

why ??? there is any reason they cannot add old sets ???

2 main reasons:

1) As much as people want the older sets in to collect them, the honest truth is that we (the players) showed the people making PTCGO that we don't support the legacy format. When you have to wait a hour for a tournament to start (yes, wait times were long for Legacy format), that shows that there is no interest. I imagine the same would happen with older (and more broken) sets too if released.

2) We don't know if they have the rights to the older sets. A different company (Wizards of the Coast) printed the original sets and The Pokemon Company printed all the cards in the game now. It might be a coincidence but I think not.

samuraison AKA Son Samurai

Team Skull Moderator

Alola Region Office

"I'll take you on in Pokémon, yo! Been playing this game since '98, bro!"

20 October 2018 - 09:16 AM

xXahmadXx

Rookie Trainer

• xXahmadXx

2 main reasons:

1) As much as people want the older sets in to collect them, the honest truth is that we (the players) showed the people making PTCGO that we don't support the legacy format. When you have to wait a hour for a tournament to start (yes, wait times were long for Legacy format), that shows that there is no interest. I imagine the same would happen with older (and more broken) sets too if released.

2) We don't know if they have the rights to the older sets. A different company (Wizards of the Coast) printed the original sets and The Pokemon Company printed all the cards in the game now. It might be a coincidence but I think not.

I agree with both points but 1st for the 1st point , if there is a legacy format rotate it will have more players , i used to play legacy too much and once for a week i been the 1st on the leaderboard  on website ,  i quit playing legacy because of the players plays the same decks , genecect , nintales , or  plasma ... etc , they are just 8-9 decks only , they must have legacy format rotate to make it a live again . 2nd point  im not sure but i guess if they pay they will get the rights to add them

20 October 2018 - 03:10 PM

Felidae_

Elite Trainer

• Felidae_

There are actually 2 points that are far more important:

1. Driving Sales for the physical game

PTCGO is mainly a tool to advertise the physical game. Want a free booster code for the online game ? Buy a real booster. Just bought that new tin ? Why don't you redeem the code online and start collecting there as well.

If we now factor in how much it would cost to add an entire era of older cards (say DP era for example, to add cards to the Legay pool), not to mention the constant bug fixing and then look at the potential revenue created by a move like this... well, there is hardly any reason to invest the already lacking resources into such a project.

2. Distributing cards

Set that were released pre BW era didn't include a code (which makes sense, given how old the TCG is), thus the only way to obtain an older set would be via the shop (i.e. non trade-able) or via tournaments (which would be difficult without Legacy tournaments). Trying to get playsets of the important cards would be a nightmare and not enjoyable a single bit.

There are ways to get around this, but honestly the cost aspect is just too big.

If Pokemon TCGO had adopted the same sales structure as other modern TCG/CCG titles, then I'd imagine that adding an older set would create quite the increase in their revenue, but since they sadly decided against selling digital cards for money, we won't be seeing them any time soon.

The shadows of the abyss are like the petals of a monstrous flower that shall blossom within the skull and expand the mind beyond what any man can bear, but whether it decays under the earth or above on green fields, or out to sea or in the very air, all shall come to revelation, and to revel, in the knowledge of the strangling fruit - and the hand of the sinner shall rejoice, for there is no sin in shadow or in light that the seeds of the dead cannot forgive...

20 October 2018 - 07:54 PM

xXahmadXx

Rookie Trainer

• xXahmadXx

that means we will never see old packs on this game :( . at least make legacy rotates