unexpected error 1632

Installation PC

• Please log in to reply

18 October 2018 - 02:26 AM

COMMANDERFROYOU

Rookie Trainer

• COMMANDERFROYOU

try the technical suport/report a bug section

so ive been trying to install the game in multiple locations that have plenty of storage (i.e hard drive flash drives) but it always fails with an error 1632 and i haven't been able to find anything on it online please help i just want to play the game

18 October 2018 - 03:04 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

When I searched "error 1632," my friend Google told me there were two common problem areas.

1.  The "temp" and "%temp%" folders (they're different) may be full, or have a corrupt file in them.  This is resolved by cleaning them out.  Personally, I use a freeware program called CCleaner, but it can be done manually within Windows.

2.  The most likely reason has something to do with the %windir%\installer folder (usually C:\windows\installer).  It's a required System folder.  First, you'll want to make sure it exists.  If not, you'll want to create one.  It's likely that a mistake was made when creating a partition, or using a flash drive.

P.S.  I'm not a professional IT guy, or giving you an official reply.  Like you, I'm just a player, and relaying what I noticed from a Google search.

P.P.S.  To view the \Windows\Installer folder on my PC, I had to access >Control Panel >Folder Options >View Tab, and then uncheck "Hide protected OS files" in order to see it.

Edited by RobRatt, 18 October 2018 - 03:24 AM.

19 October 2018 - 04:05 AM

Mod_Lyam

• Mod_Lyam

so ive been trying to install the game in multiple locations that have plenty of storage (i.e hard drive flash drives) but it always fails with an error 1632 and i haven't been able to find anything on it online please help i just want to play the game

Hi COMMANDERFROYOU,

Could you please provide us with a DX Diag file? You can do that by:

Go to start, type in "dxdiag".
Wait until "dxdiag.exe" appears and open it.
Click on "Save All Information".

Then, please submit a ticket by clicking the link in my signature, signing in on the top right side of the page, then selecting the relevant category and clicking Contact Us.

Thank you!

Moderator Lyam
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Installation, PC