Silvally + Zoroark Deck HELP!

• Please log in to reply

09 October 2018 - 08:29 PM

jimjamcelloman

Rookie Trainer

• jimjamcelloman

I just wanted to get some advice on better trainer cards to throw in this deck. Constructive criticism if you will. I usually do well in Versus matches, but I always flop in tournaments.

Pokemon:

Type: Null- 2

Silvally GX-2

Zorua (one with ascension) -2

Zoroark GX -2

Darkrai

Darkrai GX

Hoopa

Yveltal

Jolteon GX

Raiku- 2

Tapu koko GX

Zapdos

Trainers 

Evolsoda

Hypnotix laser

Ultra ball

Vs Seeker

Acerola

Brigette - 2

Cheren - 2

Guzma

Hau - 2

Lady -3

Looker

Pokemon center lady

Wishful baton- 2

Steven - 2

(may replace 1 lady with the Guzma released for the 2000 prize)

Energy

Double colorless energy

10 Dark energy

8 Lightning energy

09 October 2018 - 11:09 PM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

Noting this is firmly in expanded.

You have Cheren, Hau, and Looker in there.

Use N, Professor Sycamore, Cynthia, Tate & Liza, but keep some of the "draw 3" supporters.

You should cut out at least a third of your energy.

Try to find more copies of the pokemon you rely on most, all those 1-of will hurt when you step out of your rating, which is what happens when you go to the Event section. In Versus, you'll face others at your skill level.

Others can tell you more about the cards you have here specifically. They'll be along shortly.

Edited by SandaledOtter, 09 October 2018 - 11:10 PM.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

10 October 2018 - 12:43 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

Welcome to the Putsgof! :) I like Silvally a lot, but keep in mind it won't help your Zoro any.  As such, this may not be the best deck for it.

You have a lot of good pokemon in here, but as SandaledOtter pointed out, they can't do much as one-ofs.  I don't know which ones you'd like to focus more on, but I'd suggest Koko, Raiku, and Jolteon.  And as mixing types doesn't usually work all that well, you might consider some counters to fighting type, such as mewtwo from Evolutions or Mew-EX.  You could also go with the dark end of this, and make it a turbo deck pretty easily.  For that, you'd want dark patch and probably both versions of Darkrai-EX- the older one of which could replace Silvally for your free retreat department.

If you were to go the electric route, you'd probably want a way to play multiple energy in a turn.  The easiest thing for that would be Max Elixer, but the Magnezone with the ability could also be very good if you don't mind running a stage 2 (which will reduce your consistency).

I also suggest trying to find more Guzma, adding a stadium of some sort (perhaps reverse valley or devoured field) or Field Blower, and removing completely the Hypnotoxic Laser and Steven.

With that, I wish you luck.  Oh, and also- you can get the game to write the decklist for you.  Open it in deck manager, and click the button with the arrow towards the top right corner. 

The truth waits for no one.  That which you refuse to see, TPCi, slips past you.  The chat function was never your problem, yet through your blindness, you have made it one.

10 October 2018 - 01:54 PM

jimjamcelloman

Rookie Trainer

• jimjamcelloman

I appreciate the intel! Unforunately I don't have the Darkrai with that ability, or magnezone, or dark patch. :(

11 October 2018 - 02:00 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

I appreciate the intel! Unforunately I don't have the Darkrai with that ability, or magnezone, or dark patch. :(

That's what trading's for!  :lol: 

The truth waits for no one.  That which you refuse to see, TPCi, slips past you.  The chat function was never your problem, yet through your blindness, you have made it one.

11 October 2018 - 09:05 PM

jimjamcelloman

Rookie Trainer

• jimjamcelloman

Noting this is firmly in expanded.

You have Cheren, Hau, and Looker in there.

Use N, Professor Sycamore, Cynthia, Tate & Liza, but keep some of the "draw 3" supporters.

You should cut out at least a third of your energy.

Try to find more copies of the pokemon you rely on most, all those 1-of will hurt when you step out of your rating, which is what happens when you go to the Event section. In Versus, you'll face others at your skill level.

Others can tell you more about the cards you have here specifically. They'll be along shortly.

So what would be the best support cards that you would recommend? How much energy should I typically have? Sorry for the questions, I only started playing a couple weeks ago. 

12 October 2018 - 12:16 AM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

So what would be the best support cards that you would recommend? How much energy should I typically have? Sorry for the questions, I only started playing a couple weeks ago. 

Try to get some of what SuperStone listed. I can't be much more specific than that, as my main focus is the Standard format.

Unless you use cards that discard your energy, decks typically use 10-14 energy. The high end is where you go for big energy-hungry pokemon or multi-type decks, and if you stay away from those, and add extra energy drawing power, you might go to just 8. That gets risky, as you could end up with most of it prized.

There are a few rogue concepts that can get away with no energy, or at least very little, now that 0-energy attacks have returned and damaging abilities are available.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

12 October 2018 - 09:04 PM

Mattthew123789

Rookie Trainer

• Mattthew123789
Use more double colorless energy as well maybe drop the 2 darkrai