Super mega troll deck

• Please log in to reply

05 October 2018 - 10:46 AM

Eden2902

Senior Trainer

• Eden2902
I am really tired of playing it for winning games. I have pretty much all good cards and many boosters left, but with just copying the meta decks I have to much mirrors and related to this: too much luck dependent wins/losses. And my own built decks are equal good, also frustrating too. I would really like to build a mega troll deck which let as many as possible rage quit. Do someone have any suggestion? It should as frustrating for the opponent as possible ;) It don't have to be a opportunity to win. Just trolling in the best possible extent >:D

The cake is a lie!

05 October 2018 - 05:49 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

I've heard that a toad, a dinomischus and a twin twister can be devastating to play against.

** Oh wait, that's Yu-Gi-Oh.  Perhaps you want to check that out instead?

P.S.  I have a family member who loves disruption and stall decks.  He seems to come up with new ones all the time (besides the normal Seismitoad, Trevenant, Durant, Wailord, Quad Sylveon, etc. that he plays too).  These decks are an alternate strategy to WINNING.  If they're viable winners, they can be fun.  Yes, they might annoy someone not prepared for them, but there's nothing wrong with the concept.  On the other hand, if he told me that he "didn't care about winning" and just wanted to make "as many as possible rage quit," I'd cut off his card supply in a heartbeat.  Everyone can build the decks they want, but the attitude of "trolling in the best possible extent" really sucks.

Edited by RobRatt, 05 October 2018 - 09:02 PM.

05 October 2018 - 09:38 PM

Eden2902

Senior Trainer

• Eden2902
I've faced so many troll decks where I rage quitted and I am sure they had fun. That's what I want too ;)

The cake is a lie!

06 October 2018 - 02:38 AM

BigMac1391

Rookie Trainer

• BigMac1391
I just played one of these and beat it - it was a deck where the only Pokémon were Snorunt and Froslass. No others. There was one Life Dew and the rest of the cards were special water energy and then everything else was just to recycle it all. The player did not attack at all, did not have any hand disruptors or energy denial. The whole strategy was just to get knocked out and then win coin flips, deny prizes or both.

Of course to evolve to froslass the snorunts are left exposed so you can occasionally force a switch and pick them off but eventually you have to deal with the froslass which, if you can avoid the life dew or field blow it then it’s your 100% knock out versus their 50%.

Still very annoying. Many turns passed with no action waiting to draw to switch the life dew froslass out.

06 October 2018 - 03:45 PM

Princess_Aurora

Veteran Trainer

• Princess_Aurora

I've faced so many troll decks where I rage quitted and I am sure they had fun. That's what I want too ;)

I won't question your decision of joining the dark side, but I would like to point out that this is exactly how a community gets toxic as a whole. It starts with a few trolls who take pleasure in spoiling other's gameplay as much as possible. Then, a few players get corrupted as well, and join them. When the vast majority of the community are acting like that, it'll create an atmosphere that is unwelcome for new players, which will reduce the amount of people that will stay after their first experience. Eventually, with no more new players coming in and older players taking early retirement, the game will either die or become a nest of trolls.

Friendship is magic!

06 October 2018 - 05:39 PM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi

I won't question your decision of joining the dark side, but I would like to point out that this is exactly how a community gets toxic as a whole. It starts with a few trolls who take pleasure in spoiling other's gameplay as much as possible. Then, a few players get corrupted as well, and join them. When the vast majority of the community are acting like that, it'll create an atmosphere that is unwelcome for new players, which will reduce the amount of people that will stay after their first experience. Eventually, with no more new players coming in and older players taking early retirement, the game will either die or become a nest of trolls.

Proper 'troll' PTCG decks troll to win, not troll just for the sake of trolling.

06 October 2018 - 06:50 PM

Eden2902

Senior Trainer

• Eden2902
Trolling AND winning would be even better ;)

Trolling is an possible aspect of the game which exist since many years and didn't make the community toxic because the most of them are easily countered and mostly meta decks shouldn't be afraid of such gimmick decks

The reason I want to make a troll deck is to have for a short time period fun. At the moment the theme battle is pretty boring because of only 3-4 viable decks so I have many many mirrors which is extremely monotone. And the standard format which I play most is pretty weird. On the one hand there isn't a meta atm and nearly every deck has good chances to win (I saw a good Lurantis deck smash Buzzwole/Garbador like it would be nothing). On the other hand it implies that even the more expensive decks aren't good for laddering. I am unable to make a mentionable winning streak. I hope this would change with the food looking expansion in Novembre.

So it's just for having fun for a short time period until cards are released which make decks consistent and viable.

Edited by Eden2902, 06 October 2018 - 07:08 PM.

The cake is a lie!

07 October 2018 - 12:25 PM

Felidae_

Elite Trainer

• Felidae_

I have to disagree heavily here. The majority of players that rage quit because they are facing a “troll deck” simply can't cope with the fact that energy denial, item lock and other disruptive strategies are part of the game.

As Rob and Bowser said, those decks try to win like any other deck, just with a different strategy at hand.

The shadows of the abyss are like the petals of a monstrous flower that shall blossom within the skull and expand the mind beyond what any man can bear, but whether it decays under the earth or above on green fields, or out to sea or in the very air, all shall come to revelation, and to revel, in the knowledge of the strangling fruit - and the hand of the sinner shall rejoice, for there is no sin in shadow or in light that the seeds of the dead cannot forgive...

08 October 2018 - 05:16 AM

Eden2902

Senior Trainer

• Eden2902
And do someone have an actual deck list? ;)

The cake is a lie!

08 October 2018 - 01:26 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

And do someone have an actual deck list? ;)

With your motives??

Edited by RobRatt, 08 October 2018 - 01:34 PM.

08 October 2018 - 05:54 PM

Eden2902

Senior Trainer

• Eden2902

With your motives??

Yes, because winning is everyone's motive ;) btw the video games have with stall a similar strategy. I looking at Ferrothorn ^^

The cake is a lie!

09 October 2018 - 03:01 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

Yes, because winning is everyone's motive ;) btw the video games have with stall a similar strategy. I looking at Ferrothorn ^^

I don't mean to be rude, but... *cough*

It should as frustrating for the opponent as possible ;) It don't have to be a opportunity to win. Just trolling in the best possible extent > :D

But if you've changed you mind, I do welcome that.  :cool: Perhaps take a look at Raichu/Sableye- it's a stall deck with an active strategy that actually tries to mill your opponent before a century passes.

The rest of the world must act as they see fit.  If TPCi insists on keeping the Chat canned, that is their decision.

But that does not stop me from opposing it.

And I will oppose it forever.