Idea for locked (untradable) cards

• Please log in to reply

02 October 2018 - 03:10 PM

losthadon09

Novice Trainer

• losthadon09

Okay, we can't trade in-game cards, I get that... but nobody needs 21 of any card...

I think it would be cool if we could sell our unwanted locked cards back to the system for coins!!!

Common pokemon cards = 1 coin
Uncommon pokemon cards = 2 coins

Rare pokemon cards = 3 coins
Foils = 5 coins

GX/EX = 10 coins

Good incentive, just a thought.

02 October 2018 - 03:12 PM

losthadon09

Novice Trainer

• losthadon09

Or perhaps a discard option for them instead:

Once you discard 5, 10, 20, etc. locked cards, you receive a prize (coins, tickets, packs)

02 October 2018 - 09:37 PM

Mod_Lyam

• Mod_Lyam

Hi losthadon09,

Thank you for taking the time to share your ideas with the community. I will pass them along to our dev team so they can be taken into consideration.

Have a nice day!

Moderator Lyam
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

14 October 2018 - 02:47 PM

losthadon09

Novice Trainer

• losthadon09

Hi losthadon09,

Thank you for taking the time to share your ideas with the community. I will pass them along to our dev team so they can be taken into consideration.

Have a nice day!

Cheers

17 October 2018 - 05:12 AM

Hydreigon42

Novice Trainer

• Hydreigon42

i think the payout for gx and ex should be higher

since u dont get one every single pack then maybe u could get around 200 tokens maybe

more if its a secret rare

so maybe an amount that is lower than what statistically would be enough tokens to get enough packs to get an equally rare card

but also high enough to make it more appealing and useful if u have too many of the same gx card to use in a legal deck

20 October 2018 - 03:36 PM

Mod_Lyam

• Mod_Lyam

Hi Hydreigon42,

Thank you so much for using the forum to share your ideas. I will send them over to our dev team as well.

Have a nice day!

Moderator Lyam
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

21 October 2018 - 06:46 PM

settlers25

Expert Trainer

• settlers25
This is a returning topic. The tradelock system will not chance.

Tradelock is the Pokemon Company's way to giveaway free cards to players. That are not paying for cards.
Player can get free card by hard work.

Over the last 8 years, there have been 2-3 topic every year about this.

Enjoy you have many cards, and dit not pay for them with real money.
End of line...

- 100% Perfect Complete, 42 set completed. BETA Tester from 2011 -- Total Game played: 21.835.- Perfect Complete: HeartGold & SoulSilver -> Evolution (Foil & Non foil)- Black & White Noble Victories

- I have put my account to sleep again... I will return a day...

24 October 2018 - 04:44 PM

Otakutron

Senior Trainer

• Otakutron

This is a returning topic. The tradelock system will not chance.

Tradelock is the Pokemon Company's way to giveaway free cards to players. That are not paying for cards.
Player can get free card by hard work.

Over the last 8 years, there have been 2-3 topic every year about this.

End of line...

Which doesn't mean they can't give us a use for the excess freebies.  If they are worried that allowing you a chance at getting different trade-locked cards (either directly or through exchanging them for tokens), then maybe something else?  If it isn't too hard to code, Tokens only good for Avatar outfits or a coupon for Avatar outfits... just something so that the freebie packs - which are awarded to both free-to-players and paying players - have a little more use to them.

P.S. Free-to-players basically replace having a robust AI for competitive play and trading, and can help flesh out the community.  Quality free-to-players earn those "freebies".  There are plenty of other things we can spend our time on, after all.

If you do not have Private Messages enabled, it really limits you in discussing the Pokémon TCG. ;)

25 October 2018 - 01:57 AM

Mystik4sT

Rookie Trainer

• Mystik4sT

10 coins for a GX and 5 for a foil?  That is pity money, too low.  Why even bother for that amount?

30 October 2018 - 08:29 PM

King-Magikarp

Novice Trainer

• King-Magikarp

How about just being able to trade in bulk for coins? I have like 25 of some cards and they aren't good cards or cards people would want to trade for.

30 October 2018 - 08:31 PM

King-Magikarp

Novice Trainer

• King-Magikarp

10 coins for a GX and 5 for a foil?  That is pity money, too low.  Why even bother for that amount?

That's actually about right. Most vendors would offer like $0.10 per bulk holo irl so 5 coins so fair. GXs/EXs are better traded off for packs then just coins.

31 October 2018 - 09:09 AM

settlers25

Expert Trainer

• settlers25
Over the last 8 years, there have been 2-3 topic about this every year.

This will NOT chance, new players have to earns cards on there own!

Or you can give the some of your extra tradeble cards ;)

End of line...

Edited by settlers25, 31 October 2018 - 09:09 AM.

- 100% Perfect Complete, 42 set completed. BETA Tester from 2011 -- Total Game played: 21.835.- Perfect Complete: HeartGold & SoulSilver -> Evolution (Foil & Non foil)- Black & White Noble Victories

- I have put my account to sleep again... I will return a day...

01 November 2018 - 01:58 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

It is true that similar ideas have been suggested a lot of times.  Seminc kind of formalized it here: http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/55964-feature-discussion-theoretical-solution-to-excess-trade-locked-cards/#entry590473-but most of the ideas were in place long before he she whatevernobodycares posted that.  Unfortunately, we've never gotten much of a response to it.  Clearly, TPCi is opposed, but let Swinub fly before the tell us why.  :rolleyes: :unsure: So while I doubt this will ever come to fruition, I nonetheless support you completely in bringing it back up.

Edited by SuperStone, 01 November 2018 - 01:59 AM.

The truth waits for no one.  That which you refuse to see, TPCi, slips past you.  The chat function was never your problem, yet through your blindness, you have made it one.