Oranguru

• Please log in to reply

01 October 2018 - 06:27 PM

TroyGriff

Rookie Trainer

• TroyGriff

I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this inquiry but didnt see a place where it would fit.  

I play the TCG offline. I just got an Oranguru and not completly sure how is ability works.  

If i had 1 card in my hand and it was a Cynthia, could I use the abilty called Instruct on Oranguru to draw 2 more cards than use my Cynthia to draw another 6 so that way I would have 9 cards in my hand ?

Any feedback would be appreciated. 

01 October 2018 - 07:01 PM

Otakutron

Senior Trainer

• Otakutron

I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this inquiry but didnt see a place where it would fit.  

I play the TCG offline. I just got an Oranguru and not completly sure how is ability works.  

If i had 1 card in my hand and it was a Cynthia, could I use the abilty called Instruct on Oranguru to draw 2 more cards than use my Cynthia to draw another 6 so that way I would have 9 cards in my hand ?

Any feedback would be appreciated. 

I think you need to learn how Cynthia works. ;)

If you have less than three cards in hand, you can use Oranguru's Ability to draw until you have three cards in hand.  So if you have zero cards in hand, you can use Oranguru's Ability to draw three cards.  If you have one card in hand, it allows you to draw two.  If you have two cards in hand, it allows you to draw one.  You can only use Oranguru's Ability once during your turn, before you attack but that is per instance of it you have in play.  If you have two Oranguru, you can use each of them once (and not at the same time).

Cynthia has you shuffle your hand into your deck and draw six cards.  So once you use it, you'll have six cards left in hand.  The only way to draw less is to have less than six total cards in your hand and your deck.  You can, however, use it before or after you use Oranguru's Ability, though using it before will require you use up several of the cards you drew from Cynthia (to lower your hand size to less than three).

There are certain things you can only use once per turn.  Abilities that are once per turn will say they are once per turn.  Supporter cards can only be used once during your turn.  You can only play one Stadium card per turn, though you can use the effect of one already in play from a previous turn and then play another Stadium and use the new Stadium's effect (though the new Stadium can't have the same name as the old one).  You can play as many Item cards as you want during a turn, which is why cards like Acro Bike and Ultra Ball are so good.

If you do not have Private Messages enabled, it really limits you in discussing the Pokémon TCG. ;)

04 October 2018 - 08:07 PM

Player_Jay

Veteran Trainer

• Player_Jay
I disagree with Otakutron!

Why do I disagree with Otakutron because I feel like giving the OP the benefit of the doubt.
I also feel like being argumentative today!
Why? Because I ate hot tacos so I’m feeling spicy!

Otakutron believes you don’t understand how Cynthia works.
I say Otakutron is wrong!

I say the OP does understand how Cynthia works!
I think the problem the OP has is not understanding the proper Yugioh Terminology.
Hand Size vs Useage Size!

—————

You can read what Oranguru & Cynthia does on the card.
I will even give a brief definition below:

Oranguru - let’s you draw till you have 3 cards in hand.
Cynthia - shuffles your hand into deck; than you draw 6.

—————

I think the OP read those cards.
I think he knows what they do!
I think Otakutron telling the OP, he doesn’t know what Cynthia does is insulting the OP intelligence!
Is Otakutron trying to say the OP doesn’t know how to read?
Is Otakutron trying to say the OP has poor read comprehension?

—————

It is obvious to me what we have here is a Yugioh terminology miscommunication!

—————

You have to think the situation through.
You have 1 card in hand (Cynthia)
You use Oranguru.
You now have 3 cards in hand(2 new cards + 1 Cynthia)

In a perfect scenerio, you will be use all 3 cards.
You use 2 new cards.
Let’s say the 2 new cards are Field Blower + Energy.

-You use Field Blower to remove opponent items.
-You attach your 1 energy per turn.
-You use Cynthia.

Your hand size is now 6 because of Cynthia.
In a perfect scenerio, you will be able to use all 6 new cards.

—————

The result is the following:

Your hand size was 1 card at a single time(Cynthia)

-Oranguru increased your hand by 2.
Your hand size was 3 card at a single time(Cynthia + Field Blower + Energy)

-Cynthia shuffled your hand, than drew 6.
Your hand size was 6 cards at a single time(6 new cards)

What is the highest # of cards you had in your hand at a single time?
Your highest hand size was 6.

—————

Now comes the tricky part.
How many cards did you use in a single turn?
DIFFERENCE!

A Single turn vs a Single time!

Your highest useage size will be 9.

You used 1 Cynthia
+ Oranguru gave you 2 more cards to use
+ Cynthia gave you 6 new cards to use

1+2+6 = 9

Your playing/using all of the above cards

All of this happened in the same turn.
Your useage size for that turn was 9.

—————

The OP said the # 9.
The OP isn’t completely wrong.
The OP could have use/play 9 cards.
The OP just misclassifed Usage Size vs. Hand Size
It is said that if Gengar is hiding, it cools the area by nearly 10 degrees Fahrenheit.