Changes in PTCGO the last 2 years?

• Please log in to reply

29 September 2018 - 09:25 PM

sdrawkcab190

Junior Trainer

• sdrawkcab190

I've been out of the game since worlds 2016 and was wondering if there has been any significant changes to ptcgo in the last couple of years that might entice me to come back. 

Is there a competitive ranking? Have tournaments expanded to anything more than 8 people events? Anything else interesting? 

29 September 2018 - 10:28 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

No visible ranking or larger tournaments, no.   They haven't added chat back, dusknoir's animation is still insanely slow, and Gems are still stuck in Canada.

Honestly, it's been a fairly uneventful two years.  One important change was the elimination of Legacy tournaments, which has effectively killed the format.  The shop now has all booster packs available, which is nice.  However, that comes at the cost of weekly bundles.  Quick matches are gone, and a least one person is upset about that.  The meta is very strange right now, and as far as I can tell, doesn't actually exist. :P

I'm sure there's a lot I'm missing, though.

Edited by SuperStone, 29 September 2018 - 10:28 PM.

The truth waits for no one.  That which you refuse to see, TPCi, slips past you.  The chat function was never your problem, yet through your blindness, you have made it one.

29 September 2018 - 10:33 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

If you don't love the game in general, there haven't been many changes in PTCGO that are overly positive or challenging (other than "Gotta Catch 'em All," of course).

There is no competitive ranking, and what exists on the website remains obsolete.

There's been no expansion to tournaments, of any kind.  In fact, they completely removed Legacy Tournaments, and got rid of Token Events too (meaning you have to buy/earn Tickets in order to play).

The VS Ladder is easier to accomplish, and more Tokens are available when you play it.  Games stack now, so a "winning streak" will allow you to get up to 35 points for a game.  You also get a point for every prize taken, even if you lose.

They've added every type of booster pack and theme deck (HGSS-on) into the game's Shop.  For some reason, this was superseded by removing all of the promo bundles and gameplay items though.

The moderators here in the forum have become much more active, and often inform us that, "We'll forward this suggestion to the Development Team."  We're waiting for anything to actually get implemented, but the promise is encouraging.

Edited by RobRatt, 29 September 2018 - 10:36 PM.