Improving Attack Animations

• Please log in to reply

28 September 2018 - 10:42 AM

Anexpor

Novice Trainer

• Anexpor

Can you add more throw attack animations like other pokemon games. why cards moving and hits melee when attacking? you can use just spray animation like old gameboy tcg game or game like play it! **URL edited out by the moderator**

Edited by Mod_GuruLot, 28 September 2018 - 10:57 AM.
non-official URL edited out

28 September 2018 - 10:54 AM

Mod_GuruLot

• Mod_GuruLot

Can you add more throw attack animations like other pokemon games. why cards moving and hits melee when attacking? you can use just spray animation like old gameboy tcg game or game like play it! **URL edited out by the moderator**

Hello Anexpor, 

Thank you for your suggestion.

We will certainly pass your feedback along to the development team for further review.

I'm editing your post. Please remember that posting links to non-official Pokemon URL's is against the forum rules.

Best, 
Mod_Gurulot
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

For more help please visit our Help Center to submit a request.

Prior to posting in the forum, please check out the forum rules.

28 September 2018 - 08:43 PM

SharKing319

Expert Trainer

• SharKing319

As enticing as more attack animations would usually sound, I personally cannot trust the PTCGO development team to handle that idea in a way that wouldn't make the gameplay agonizingly slow. Ever since the option to turn off animations was removed in the BREAKthrough update (which happened almost three years ago), the game has felt somewhat sloggish to play through because of unskippable animations around every corner, even after subsequent updates sped a few of them up or changed others to fix some rather egregious problems (like the coin-flip animation setting off people with epilepsy and similar health issues).

My personal favorite example of animations slowing down gameplay is the Exeggcute card with an Ability called Propagation, which you'll still see in the Expanded format (RIP Legacy). When you use Propagation to take Exeggcute out of the discard pile, you have to sit through an unskippable animation that takes about three seconds to complete before you can do anything else in the game - considering that most decks with Exeggcute use it at least 10 times in most games, those seconds of non-interaction add up faster than you'd think.

Edited by SharKing319, 28 September 2018 - 08:56 PM.

29 September 2018 - 12:01 AM

Princess_Aurora

Veteran Trainer

• Princess_Aurora

As enticing as more attack animations would usually sound, I personally cannot trust the PTCGO development team to handle that idea in a way that wouldn't make the gameplay agonizingly slow. Ever since the option to turn off animations was removed in the BREAKthrough update (which happened almost three years ago), the game has felt somewhat sloggish to play through because of unskippable animations around every corner, even after subsequent updates sped a few of them up or changed others to fix some rather egregious problems (like the coin-flip animation setting off people with epilepsy and similar health issues).

My personal favorite example of animations slowing down gameplay is the Exeggcute card with an Ability called Propagation, which you'll still see in the Expanded format (RIP Legacy). When you use Propagation to take Exeggcute out of the discard pile, you have to sit through an unskippable animation that takes about three seconds to complete before you can do anything else in the game - considering that most decks with Exeggcute use it at least 10 times in most games, those seconds of non-interaction add up faster than you'd think.

Development team? What development team?

Friendship is magic!

29 September 2018 - 12:42 AM

Darksoul1234

Novice Trainer

• Darksoul1234

Development team? What development team?

I want them to bring back "Disable Animation" alloud us to play the game faster...we dont have time wait for animation.

Pokemon TCGO Veteran 

29 September 2018 - 04:47 PM

Anexpor

Novice Trainer

• Anexpor

my suggestion is cards can stay when using attack and animations can be smaller. example burned effect can be fire attack animation. and double type attacks effects can be added like fighting and rock type or water and ice type attacks

30 September 2018 - 02:38 PM

humbletrades

Rookie Trainer

• humbletrades

Disable animation, treasure your player's time, and you get more love back from the player's free time.

They have more time to build deck, spending time to buy deck, reward your communities.

If you need money to do that, crowdfunding it. Let see we got enough love from player to save this game, and make it worthwhile in new TCG esports.

06 October 2018 - 01:36 PM

Mod_Lyam

• Mod_Lyam

Hi trainers,

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts about the in-game animations. I will send them over to our dev team. Please keep in mind that we do not always implement every suggestion we receive, but we always read and pay attention to every single comment.

Thank you for being part of the community!

Moderator Lyam
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!